User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    why?

i mean that Se surely would help, even tho its inferior and Ni represses part of it, Ni only represses the parts that are not relevant. this would cause better concentration to sensory input on essentials in tracking the pray and Ni would obviously be the best at drawing conclusions on things like what direction the pray most likely took if you lost it tracks for a moment. also Te would be much more suitable on this than Ti would, because its faster and well, you only need to use simple thinking based on past experiences on this sort of stuff. F would obviously be useless as dom/aux, but that tert Fi striving to gain for self(as opposed to others) would become handy.

i think ENTPs would be pretty much on par with INTJs, except that INTJ might be more patient and not make so much rash decisions or take risks on things like when to start chasing fast, which obviously has a risk of you tiring yourself out and not being able to continue tiring down the pray in constant phase.

also i think many INTJs suffer from add(and/or try to find stimulation from fast phased computer games) for this exact reason that they are missing this sort of hands on doing(to which they developed in evolution). also i discussed about this few times with my INTJ friend(who doesent care to know what INTJ is) and we both came to the conclusion that his temperament fits better living in the woods as people lived in neanderthal times.
    Just because we might like them all to go live in the woods, doesn't mean they'd survive.

I don't agree with your ideas about the efficacy of inferior functions, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ

Types in the Wild

INTJ Bear Grylls -- drinks own piss
    INTP Bear Grylls -- needing a more complete sample, drinks everyone else's piss, banished as a glutton.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

I think an INTP would stall and come up with something far more ingenious than drinking urine.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well sure. A thorough study of the types and varieties. Only a clod would simply drink it off. The connoisseur partakes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    For me the N would be more naturally to think about unrealistic and impractical ideas.
    Then you're simply mistaken. Some ideas will be unrealistic and impractical, others won't. Otherwise these functions would have absolutely no use.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think an INTP would stall and come up with something far more ingenious than drinking urine.
    Blood is more nutritious.

And you don't need to go down to the woods to see INTJs drinking their own piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Blood is more nutritious.

And you don't need to go down to the woods to see INTJs drinking their own piss.
    How about piss and blood? Electrolytes, iron.. everything a good boy (or girl) needs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    How about piss and blood?
    I've had some strange offers in my time ...

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Intuition is adaptive in an evolutionary sense. The modern version where you sit around thinking airy thoughts isn't. But the cognitive version is, or it is so long as consciousness is, because intuition and sensing work together in a dynamic opposition that makes consciousness possible.

"We uze all ur funzionz" actually makes sense that way.
    I agree.

My point was about N-doms or aux though. These are characterized by a preference for abstract thinking, which would seem a disadvantage in those scenarios I described.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Oh please. It's Ti. I wasn't offended by your tactlessness, just your poor use of vocab.:P
    Fe does not mean you would be offended, just give importance to group harmony.

Sure. If your intention is to troll. Otherwise, it detracts from your question. As such, a sincere poster would find it undesirable.
    Fe in the support of Ti, trying to avoid unnecessarry conflict so that Ti can establish truth for utilitarian benefit according to a framework of humanist principles provided by Fe.

But in any case, barbarism is the correct word to use.

As I have already said, Intuition obviously developed because it was advantageous to survival. Evolution doesn't squander resources developing traits which remain dormant. Lateral thinking is useful in a wide range of situations. Man is, has always been, a social animal, and almost uniquely, one who employs division of labour to great advantage. It's not difficult to imagine individuals with great story-telling ability, spirituality, foresight, etc, finding and exploiting a niche, even if they are not the best hunters or gatherers.
    It's hard for me to imagine how 30% of the society could live like that, especially in societies where your birth determined your occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I agree.

My point was about N-doms or aux though. These are characterized by a preference for abstract thinking, which would seem a disadvantage in those scenarios I described.
    Like I said about pushing people out of their comfort zone earlier.. anyone can commit to unlikely activities, if necessary. MBTI was designed to only describe types as Preferences. Myers was appalled when she saw companies firing people for their test results. It wasn't meant to describe people in their totality.