User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    No it comes from latin through "intuire" which means "looking inside" (into - looking).
    Jung used two different german words (can't remember them now), but one connonated the above, but his other concept of intuition was for Ne.. I think the root of the word had something to do with rainfall. As in, something from the outside pouring down, like rain.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    What typologists, what countries, what period of 'the past'?
    You want proof now?! Outrageous!

Actually I was lying, I just wanted to appear as if I had something to say. The only person I can think of who alluded to a sensory culture was Lenore Thompson.

The rest of it was my own idea which ive been considering. Especially if you look at the Renaissance and to a lesser extent the industrial revolution that stemmed from this and the large amount of ideas and inventions, especially during these periods, you could say for a brief time Intuition ruled and new initiatives were flying out.

Painful to mention as I am not an Intuitive, (I am not ENTJ AH MAK BIZNIZ).
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    You want proof now?! Outrageous!

Actually I was lying, I just wanted to appear as if I had something to say. The only person I can think of who alluded to a sensory culture was Lenore Thompson.

The rest of it was my own idea which ive been considering. Especially if you look at the Renaissance and to a lesser extent the industrial revolution that stemmed from this and the large amount of ideas and inventions, especially during these periods, you could say for a brief time Intuition ruled and new initiatives were flying out.

Painful to mention as I am not an Intuitive, (I am not ENTJ AH MAK BIZNIZ).
    The renaissance wasn't necessarily intuitively driven either. Europe, especially Italy, lived amongst preexisting Roman constructions and artwork. People had lost a lot of the techniques and skill from the classical age, but they had to live every day seeing the results, growing up seeing that the past was actually more advanced than they were. This started driving artisans to investigate and reverse engineer what it was all about. I think some classical books were having a resurgence as well, and that had the same effect. So a lot of it came from observation.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The renaissance wasn't necessarily intuitively driven either. Europe, especially Italy, lived amongst preexisting Roman constructions and artwork. People had lost a lot of the techniques and skill from the classical age, but they had to live every day seeing the results, growing up seeing that the past was actually more advanced than they were. This started driving artisans to investigate and reverse engineer what it was all about. I think some classical books were having a resurgence as well, and that had the same effect. So a lot of it came from observation.
    Lies and slander! It was the N's I say!! The N's!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Lies and slander! It was the N's I say!! The N's!
    Heh. Da Vinci, for sure. For others, it's probably across the board. I think even Michaelangelo was a sensor (ISFP probably). He had a ground up approach, strictly through his hands. "Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it."

Sounds a bit like Ne and Si together.
    They work as part of a team. Same as Ni and Se.

Heh. Da Vinci, for sure. For others, it's probably across the board. I think even Michaelangelo was a sensor (ISFP probably). He had a ground up approach, strictly through his hands. "Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it."
    Well i'll be serious for a moment and admit that it was just an idea and I agree more or less that there were many hands in the pot that spawned such progress.

There has to be. Otherwise what use would we all be? But it was only an idle idea based on a theory that relies on heuristics and dario nardi's penis scans.

- A.A. Milne.

Well i'll be serious for a moment and admit that it was just an idea and I agree more or less that there were many hands in the pot that spawned such progress.

There has to be. Otherwise what use would we all be? But it was only an idle idea based on a theory that relies on heuristics and dario nardi's penis scans.
    Fair enough. I'm just giving you food for thought.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

How does intuition not come from observation?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    How does intuition not come from observation?
    It's more that it's observation that led to recreation. Rather than using observation to go in entirely new directions. At least at first (I mean, there are different renaissance periods). They lamented what was lost, not what has never been. Some of it sounds like pretty boring "detail work" too. Brunelleschi was among the first to go through roman ruins and spent years studying them. There were already books being written promoting the classical age, but being merely inspired was not good enough. An intuitive movement would get the ball rolling with just inspiration. He wanted to recapture the past instead.