• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is blood type linked to personality?

trancemode

Enneagram
5w4
I heard this theory, which not surprisingly can be traced back to the 1930s, is still big in Japan, where it causes widespread discrimination. It’s also used by many matchmaking services there. Type As are supposed to be more conventional, Bs more SP-ish, and so on. Does anyone here believe this theory?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP A+, type A personality, unconventional, aggressive, argumentative, compassionate, academic. I don't buy it.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
I heard this theory, which not surprisingly can be traced back to the 1930s, is still big in Japan, where it causes widespread discrimination. It’s also used by many matchmaking services there. Type As are supposed to be more conventional, Bs more SP-ish, and so on. Does anyone here believe this theory?

That's some crazy shit. I'd never have imagined such a view existing, let alone being widespread anywhere (except maybe North Korea)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Type O- here. I don't think blood type is related to personality.

I

Infinite Bubble

Nah. People will find all sorts of ways to connect the totally unrelated. Next it'll be linked with whichever season you prefer. If it's summer, it's an SP!

Also a Type-O; apparently the most common. That would mean SJ. And I am no SJ.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A-, which rarity wise would make me a unique and special snowflake... eat your heart out peoples :cool:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A+, and I'm anything but conventional.

Too many factors to give it credence.

Perhaps this is a clever ruse to get us to reveal our blood types so the Powers That Be can determine which of us possess the most profitable organs, etc, on the black market..

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Perhaps this is a clever ruse to get us to reveal our blood types so the Powers That Be can determine which of us possess the most profitable organs, etc, on the black market..

oh shit... I suppose this means that I'm doomed now doesn't it? :sadbanana:

and I was getting so attached to my kidneys too!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh shit... I suppose this means that I'm doomed now doesn't it? :sadbanana:

and I was getting so attached to my kidneys too!

Just don't get fooled into visiting Candy Mountain.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:unsure:

I think I'll stick with the hobos if it's alright with you... they might share some soup with me or something if I trade them some cigarettes...

But do you really want to know what'd be in that soup?

hazelsees

MBTI Type
INFJ
I read a book a couple of years ago--Eat Right For Your Type. According to the book, each blood type should eat differently and even exercise differently. So what is healthy for an O isn't healthy for an A.

O's are the oldest blood type--the Hunters--the meat eaters. Then people began to establish stable and permanent communities and grain farming--and blood type A appeared....and so on.
O's thrive on meat.
A's on a vegetarian diet
I don't remember much about B or AB.

The book also explains difference in basic personality types.
O's are said to thrive on intense physical activity and carry a genetic memory of stength, endurance and self reliance.

A's adapted to live in a cooperative society. Clever, sensitive, and tightly wound. They are more likely to bottle up frustrations because the need to get along with neighbors to survive. Inner stress. Relaxation exercises are recommended as opposed to intense work-outs.

Anyway, it's big in Japan and there is much discrimination against certain types. My friend who grew up in Japan said that people are hired for certain jobs according to blood type.

I'm not sure I buy into all of that. However, I did "eat right" for type A for a couple of months and never felt so good in my life. Maybe because I was only eating health food store types of food. I was warm all the time--I think my metabolism was running at full capacity...and had energy like a 2 year old.

I believe in creation--so I'm still trying to figure out what blood types Adam and Eve were--AO and BO???

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx

Interesting that you ask. I have been getting into this, stemming from when I found out your blood type is connected to your needed diet. The description of my blood type seems to match my personality, but it is still pretty general. Alot of Eastern theories on mind, body, and soul seem to be pretty wholesoom, and having some truth, so I think it's worth considering for sure. Sorry if that wasn't much help.