User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Baseline

  1. #1
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default Baseline

    A member arrested my attention.
    This is not a quote of what she said. I interpret.
    - I do not (any more ?) believe MBTI includes all the types.

    An analogy.

    Light comprises a small segment of the electromagnetic spectrum.
    The wavelengths of light range from 400 to 700 nanometers.
    Light is what we perceive as light.

    A noted scholar wrote a book in Germany in the 16th Century. Title: Admixture of colours.
    I quote the book:
    Violet is an admixture of red and blue.

    The spectral colours carry the following wavelengths:

    red (limit)- 700 nm
    orange - - 600 nm
    yellow - - - 580 nm
    green - - - 550 nm
    cyan - - - - 500 nm
    blue - - - - 450 nm
    violet (limit) 400 nm

    check

    (7 + 4)/2 = 5,5

    Does MBTI include all the types?

  2. #2
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    All languages contain terms for white and black.
    Some languages contain terms for white and black, and a third term for a colour.
    Name the colour.

  3. #3
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    @wildcat... a few years ago I was driving home from my parents' house at night and listening to a science program on public radio about the difference in vision between humans and birds... it was interesting enough that I had to call my father once it was finished to tell him about it!

    while the human eye has 3 different types of cones to detect color (short, medium and long wavelength, best corresponding to red, yellow and blue), birds have 4 different types of cones, short, medium, long and ultraviolet, giving them an entirely different take on everything visually. I've wondered since then what things must look like if you have a 4th element to mix in colorwise... colors that human beings can't even imagine

    that's the problem with looking at something as simple as colors, we tend to get stuck in a rut as to what we've seen as opposed to what else is out there
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  4. #4
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    @wildcat... a few years ago I was driving home from my parents' house at night and listening to a science program on public radio about the difference in vision between humans and birds... it was interesting enough that I had to call my father once it was finished to tell him about it!

    while the human eye has 3 different types of cones to detect color (short, medium and long wavelength, best corresponding to red, yellow and blue), birds have 4 different types of cones, short, medium, long and ultraviolet, giving them an entirely different take on everything visually. I've wondered since then what things must look like if you have a 4th element to mix in colorwise... colors that human beings can't even imagine

    that's the problem with looking at something as simple as colors, we tend to get stuck in a rut as to what we've seen as opposed to what else is out there
    You said exactly what I wanted to say ..

    We tend to get stuck in a rut as to what we've seen as opposed to what else is out there.

    There is more out there than we have seen. Light is our construct.

  5. #5
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    You said exactly what I wanted to say ..

    We tend to get stuck in a rut as to what we've seen as opposed to what else is out there.

    There is more out there than we have seen. Light is our construct.
    light or it's absence... balance is always necessary in a way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #6
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    light or it's absence... balance is always necessary in a way
    Exactly.
    Balance of light is not only of quality (= colour), or of quantity alone.
    Basically it is about the relationship of the two.

    Green is in the middle for a reason. The divide is always in the middle of any spectrum.
    Red is the complementary party of green. Therefore red does not divide.
    Green divides into blue and yellow.

    Light is the only form of electromagnetic radiation the eye can perceive.
    It has characteritics of either particles or waves.

    How much is what. What is not how much.

  7. #7
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    green... what a lovely color

    though I always have had a soft spot for a balance
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO