• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Baseline

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
A member arrested my attention.
This is not a quote of what she said. I interpret.
- I do not (any more ?) believe MBTI includes all the types.

An analogy.

Light comprises a small segment of the electromagnetic spectrum.
The wavelengths of light range from 400 to 700 nanometers.
Light is what we perceive as light.

A noted scholar wrote a book in Germany in the 16th Century. Title: Admixture of colours.
I quote the book:
Violet is an admixture of red and blue.

The spectral colours carry the following wavelengths:

red (limit)- 700 nm
orange - - 600 nm
yellow - - - 580 nm
green - - - 550 nm
cyan - - - - 500 nm
blue - - - - 450 nm
violet (limit) 400 nm

check

(7 + 4)/2 = 5,5

Does MBTI include all the types?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
All languages contain terms for white and black.
Some languages contain terms for white and black, and a third term for a colour.
Name the colour.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=338]wildcat[/MENTION]... a few years ago I was driving home from my parents' house at night and listening to a science program on public radio about the difference in vision between humans and birds... it was interesting enough that I had to call my father once it was finished to tell him about it! :)

while the human eye has 3 different types of cones to detect color (short, medium and long wavelength, best corresponding to red, yellow and blue), birds have 4 different types of cones, short, medium, long and ultraviolet, giving them an entirely different take on everything visually. I've wondered since then what things must look like if you have a 4th element to mix in colorwise... colors that human beings can't even imagine :holy:

that's the problem with looking at something as simple as colors, we tend to get stuck in a rut as to what we've seen as opposed to what else is out there :shrug:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=338]wildcat[/MENTION]... a few years ago I was driving home from my parents' house at night and listening to a science program on public radio about the difference in vision between humans and birds... it was interesting enough that I had to call my father once it was finished to tell him about it! :)

while the human eye has 3 different types of cones to detect color (short, medium and long wavelength, best corresponding to red, yellow and blue), birds have 4 different types of cones, short, medium, long and ultraviolet, giving them an entirely different take on everything visually. I've wondered since then what things must look like if you have a 4th element to mix in colorwise... colors that human beings can't even imagine :holy:

that's the problem with looking at something as simple as colors, we tend to get stuck in a rut as to what we've seen as opposed to what else is out there :shrug:

You said exactly what I wanted to say .. :)

We tend to get stuck in a rut as to what we've seen as opposed to what else is out there.

There is more out there than we have seen. Light is our construct.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You said exactly what I wanted to say .. :)

We tend to get stuck in a rut as to what we've seen as opposed to what else is out there.

There is more out there than we have seen. Light is our construct.

light or it's absence... balance is always necessary in a way :)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
light or it's absence... balance is always necessary in a way :)

Exactly. :)
Balance of light is not only of quality (= colour), or of quantity alone.
Basically it is about the relationship of the two.

Green is in the middle for a reason. The divide is always in the middle of any spectrum.
Red is the complementary party of green. Therefore red does not divide.
Green divides into blue and yellow.

Light is the only form of electromagnetic radiation the eye can perceive.
It has characteritics of either particles or waves.

How much is what. What is not how much.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
green... what a lovely color :)

though I always have had a soft spot for a balance :laugh: