User Tag List

Thread: Nature vs Nuture

Default Nature vs Nuture

With the little free time I have had lately, I have really been putting some thought into this.

I believe in personality functions & patterns. However, I find myself (and many others) attributing so many things to personality. I have come to realize, however, how different people of the same personality can truly be. It leads me to realize how different everyone's lives are, and how that affects us all. Therefore, you can't really use personality to predict your "ideal" mate. It takes SO much more than a pattern of functions to determine what makes a relationship work. It seems to be a combination of personality, values, ideals, interests, experiences, lifestyle, balance and etc.

I am wondering what others think of this, and if there is any opposing opinions. If so, please explain.

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    451 sx/so
    ENFj Ni

What is it you are wondering about? Nature vs nurture or relationships?
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    378 sx/so
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.