User Tag List

123 Last

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Default How do intuitors live in the moment?

Do you create future plans or possibilities and hope to live or create them someday? Do you just daydream and enjoy it for all of the imaginative possibilities and brainstorms?

This might be a stupid question, but it was on my mind earlier.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Mindfullness. Turn off your brain, stop planning and thinking and focus on the immediate. Brush your teeth in the morning? Focus on doing the best brush job you've ever done! Don't forget 30 secs minimum per quadrant!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

+1

Ni/Ti loops are ugh. And it saps my Se, making me feel sluggish. I have to consciously turn off my Ni sometimes so Se can take the lead. But if I do, I feel so much better, because otherwise I'd introvert too much, and living in the moment has its place. Sometimes.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Mindfullness. Turn off your brain, stop planning and thinking and focus on the immediate. Brush your teeth in the morning? Focus on doing the best brush job you've ever done! Don't forget 30 secs minimum per quadrant!
    This reminds me of things I have tried to do in the past....I can't pinpoint them, I just fuzzily remember.
    "For a minute there, I lost myself...I lost myself."

LOUIS CK: "We don't think about how we talk"
    http://zenpencils.com/comic/95-louis...t-how-we-talk/

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I am often in my head, and this often entails contemplation of my dissatisfaction with the world, or with myself. But...I have noticed, that when I stop thinking (overthinking) I am happy, because of the sun, or the breeze, or clouds passing overhead, or for no discernable reason, and I experience a frisson of joy and ecstasy...
    I was raised by an atheist, but I am beginning to feel that feelings of a spiritual nature are an intrinsic part of the human condition. So I have been led to believe by several experiences, and dreams/visions, that all imply that the unconscious is an ordered place, and that this order is too stable to be a misinterpretation of an isolated circumstance.
    And if this order is real, from what is it derived?
    So I find myself in a liminal space, between the conventions of culture and time, and a new realization, wherein the dissociation from and denial of things unseen, is no longer satifying, and therefore no longer acceptable as an explanation of reality.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Here's a vision of mine taken from the thread on my dream-world:

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I will wish there exists some level of creation above and beyond the physical world. Here I envision a new world illuminated by the ultimate divine light power. It would be a portal into the great mental monuments of our minds. These would be reflected in this world with complete manifestation. All the souls here are unified like the stars of the firmament with bonds unbreakable. Each and every living entity respects the individuality and freedom life must share together. The beauty of this place far exceeds that of the physical world. Pain and suffering have been annihilated altogether. This has resulted from a never ending quest for universal enlightenment and the world peace that followed. Along this journey was discovered the ultimate divine light power. This illuminating force flows from the heavenly source all throughout creation. Existence flowers from this mighty life sustaining stream. From it all things spring into being and can be at will controlled. Tapping into it requires one to search for the true self. Only within will complete transcendence be accomplished. A fully self-mastered mind is liberated from all limitations. One with such might would reach the supreme level of perfection. Perfection is a state of no restrictions. Possibilities without end can be realized with all promise by such a mind. Cosmology and the course the human race takes could be directed at command. Our destinies would take shape and shine by the glories of our achievements. Such a place where wonders like these could be wrought into being could be called Heaven.
    So yes, as the above passage would imply, I do indeed take great pleasure in brainstorming the ever-shifting currents of possibility, in imagination of the image for perfection.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    This reminds me of things I have tried to do in the past....I can't pinpoint them, I just fuzzily remember.
    Like most things, you will not be good at doing this initially and you will "tire" easily. Keep at it and with repitition will come mastery.

I drink coffee, which gives me opportunities to be "mindful". i.e. Ahhhhh, this cup of coffee is sooo good, I like coffee, mmmmm, it's tasty. For a few minutes, my brain is not working, I do not allow myself to worry, plan or think critically while I am drinking that first cup of coffee in the morning. It's all about the coffee.

By the way it's healthy to remember why you are grateful of things. Couple that with the mindfullness and continuing with the coffee theme... I sure am glad I have this coffee, I know a lot of people do not have these kind of luxuries, poor people, incarcerated people etc.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

I never truly live in the moment even though technically it is my domain. My interaction with the environment has a certain indescribable dreamlike quality to it which fluctuates in its intensity, right this very moment it is on its "standard" mode (which is just short of my artistic mode and introspection modes where I lose myself almost completely and the other where I feel as if I am in zero gravity.) I would say its like being in a room where inaudible white noise is being pumped into it; on a frequency where your brain just about detects it but doesn't hear anything. It becomes a natural quality to perception rather than a distraction (the bigger distraction would be its absence.)

Perhaps its what stoners and potheads feel. I would not know as I do not drugs. I most likely have ADHD or some derivative condition.

The effect hampers my ability to interact and enjoy myself with anything that does not involve my thoughts. Everything is there but not truly concrete and when the moment has passed the layers of the experience are re-explored with view of different angles takes place and I learn of something new which I did not perceive "in the moment." I think of myself being ever so out of phase with the rest of existence, I do not really feel the sun on my face or the rain in my hair though I am sensitive to the hot and the cold most of the time.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

For me to most easily live in the moment and turn things off in my head, it requires my doing certain activities - whether being active, and exercising, or being out in nature, away from everything, or whilst traveling and being in a new environment/location, and the act of immersing turns me on to the wonders of just Being. Other sensory things..taking pleasure in a really good meal and a glass of wine, or a cooking class, or things like that.

It's less easy for me to do this on my own - to will myself into this state - but it's not impossible. It just means I often don't focus on doing this, or get lulled into thinking I 'need' to not do it, and 'need' to keep thinking about something. It's usually after mentally and physically wearing myself out if I've been in my head too long, and finally reaching a 'F*ck It' state internally, that I'm able to let go and be in the moment. I don't effectively short-circuit that process often enough, though.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

By the power of Mystical Cosmic Forces. It's the only way, and only accessible to Special Intuitives. Inferior Sensors can't even fathom how to grasp it really. Better to to worry your little head with if. Carry on now.
    Last edited by phobik; 02-08-2013 at 08:51 PM.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.