• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do intuitors live in the moment?

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What motivation would an intuitor have for living in the moment?

enjoyment, delight, savouring the feelings. i wish i could do just that, savour my feelings, but its not easy, i tend to get too perfectionistic with my standards and that rigs me uncapable of just feeling. however, if i attempt to live in the moment, i usually tend to forget exactly that, the feelings. *rolls eyes*
you know, i want feelings, but not my feelings >.> , cause they are painful.

although, i guess i find it mostly waste of time to savour feelings if doing so doesnt contribute into my feeling bank, thus means if savouring the feeling doesnt make progress but is rather just that, staying still, then i wont want it. thus even if huge significant, i might discard(under the rug) feelings just cause i cant seem to make progress on them like my anger/pain i hold from my hearing sense being permanently damaged.

i do wish i could reach a stage where im not under constant emotional mayhem so i could just browse my feelings freely.

i think my conclusion is, trying to live in the moment is unhealthy to me. ive been at that the past few years and apparently it got me crazy.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Doing something that engages me fully in the present. Sports are the best for this. Also cooking, doing household chores... Just, doing as much as possible with my body and experiencing the world via senses. When eg watching a performance / get a sensory overload with all the visuals for instance I get very in-tune with the present, and just take it all in.

The older I get the more I've started to enjoy & appreciate aesthetics. Beautiful things that tickle my fancy. So I guess the reason I've become more interested in dressing in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to my eye, is one manifestation of living in the moment. Putting together outfits, creating new combinations, being intrigued with by what looks interesting, I'm actually starting to develop an eye for details.

Exercise is my salvation. I've tried meditation and yoga recently, too. Nothing beats intense cardio work-outs for me though.

IllusoryReverie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you create future plans or possibilities and hope to live or create them someday? Do you just daydream and enjoy it for all of the imaginative possibilities and brainstorms?

This might be a stupid question, but it was on my mind earlier.

I don't usually live in the moment. Its never been easier for me but I do recall that some of my most refreshing, uplifting times have been when I did notice myself becoming present with the moment. I've tried meditating but it seems that once a half hour or so goes by, if I didn't already fall asleep while I was meditating, I'll just be distracted with other thoughts running through my mind and thus the cycle continues :/