User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do intuitors live in the moment?

ILI None

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    What motivation would an intuitor have for living in the moment?
    enjoyment, delight, savouring the feelings. i wish i could do just that, savour my feelings, but its not easy, i tend to get too perfectionistic with my standards and that rigs me uncapable of just feeling. however, if i attempt to live in the moment, i usually tend to forget exactly that, the feelings. *rolls eyes*
    you know, i want feelings, but not my feelings >.> , cause they are painful.

although, i guess i find it mostly waste of time to savour feelings if doing so doesnt contribute into my feeling bank, thus means if savouring the feeling doesnt make progress but is rather just that, staying still, then i wont want it. thus even if huge significant, i might discard(under the rug) feelings just cause i cant seem to make progress on them like my anger/pain i hold from my hearing sense being permanently damaged.

i do wish i could reach a stage where im not under constant emotional mayhem so i could just browse my feelings freely.

i think my conclusion is, trying to live in the moment is unhealthy to me. ive been at that the past few years and apparently it got me crazy.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Doing something that engages me fully in the present. Sports are the best for this. Also cooking, doing household chores... Just, doing as much as possible with my body and experiencing the world via senses. When eg watching a performance / get a sensory overload with all the visuals for instance I get very in-tune with the present, and just take it all in.

The older I get the more I've started to enjoy & appreciate aesthetics. Beautiful things that tickle my fancy. So I guess the reason I've become more interested in dressing in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to my eye, is one manifestation of living in the moment. Putting together outfits, creating new combinations, being intrigued with by what looks interesting, I'm actually starting to develop an eye for details.

Exercise is my salvation. I've tried meditation and yoga recently, too. Nothing beats intense cardio work-outs for me though.

4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by louiesgonnadie View Post
    Do you create future plans or possibilities and hope to live or create them someday? Do you just daydream and enjoy it for all of the imaginative possibilities and brainstorms?

This might be a stupid question, but it was on my mind earlier.
    I don't usually live in the moment. Its never been easier for me but I do recall that some of my most refreshing, uplifting times have been when I did notice myself becoming present with the moment. I've tried meditating but it seems that once a half hour or so goes by, if I didn't already fall asleep while I was meditating, I'll just be distracted with other thoughts running through my mind and thus the cycle continues :/
    “The first progressive step by a mind overwhelmed by the strangeness of things is to realize that this feeling of strangeness is shared with all men and that human reality, in its entirety, suffers from the distance which separates it from the rest of the universe." -Albert Camus