User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 38

  1. #11
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i dont disagree with what you said, however for example all ENFPs i have ever seen get this particular and pretty much identical expression when they are positively surprised and i havent seen it in any other types. INFPs do similar thing, but its much more restrained and doesent come off as strong, while from ENFPs the energy they get from this surprise shows in their expression freely and radiates to light up half the world
    All of this seems based on anecdotes, vague observations and hunches. Sounds borderline spooky and far too amorphous to be regarded as a "theory" worthy of serious contemplation. It is light-years away from resembling anything that one would call "empirical" as the author of the OP proudly regards this melange of non-sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You gave your opinion. Noted.

    Since you don't like the idea, it would be wiser for you to find something more productive to spend your time on.

    It's not a matter of what I like or dislike, the evidence isn't on your side and that's why you're having trouble finding semi-plausible arguments to corroborate your position with. You're reaching and grasping for straws here, give it up. You owe it to typology to give Jung's ideas a little bit more dignity than this, they deserve better.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  2. #12
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    All of this seems based on anecdotes, vague observations and hunches. Sounds borderline spooky and far too amorphous to be regarded as a "theory" worthy of serious contemplation. It is light-years away from resembling anything that one would call "empirical" as the author of the OP proudly regards this melange of non-sense.
    if you are not going to give things a serious contemplation, then its pretty obvious that you shouldnt be commenting on them or forming any opinions about them(doing so just makes you seem like ignorant TJ).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  3. #13
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    if you are not going to give things a serious contemplation, then its pretty obvious that you shouldnt be commenting on them.
    I gave it enough serious contemplation to determine that this "theory" is ill-thought out and not supportable by admissible evidence. That's as far as any reasonable person should be willing to go with this.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  4. #14
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I gave it enough serious contemplation to determine that this "theory" is ill-thought out and not supportable by admissible evidence. That's as far as any reasonable person should be willing to go with this.
    you saying that its not supportable means that there is something that has been proven conflicting with it. show me the evidence for that? if you dont have any evidence for that, it just shows that your theory of it not being supportable is ill-thought..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  5. #15
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    It's not a matter of what I like or dislike, the evidence isn't on your side and that's why you're having trouble finding semi-plausible arguments to corroborate your position with. You're reaching and grasping for straws here, give it up. You owe it to typology to give Jung's ideas a little bit more dignity than this, they deserve better.
    Worst case scenario, I can wait 5 years and then come back here to say that it was all a big joke. Right?

    Saw a guy doing that a while ago and it seemed to work.

    Anyways, I gotta sleep. Laterz.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  6. #16
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Worst case scenario, I can wait 5 years and then come back here to say that it was all a big joke. Right?

    Saw a guy doing that a while ago and it seemed to work.

    Anyways, I gotta sleep. Laterz.
    I wasn't joking in that thread, I was trolling. Are you trolling here?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  7. #17
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    you saying that its not supportable means that there is something that has been proven conflicting with it. show me the evidence for that? if you dont have any evidence for that, it just shows that your theory of it not being supportable is ill-thought..
    Buddy, you have it backwards, I don't have to prove anything. When you propound the theory, the onus is on you to support it with evidence. That's the way it works in nearly all scholarly disciplines including law, philosophy, politics, history and so on, does it not?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  8. #18
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Buddy, you have it backwards, I don't have to prove anything. When you propound the theory, the onus is on you to support it with evidence. That's the way it works in nearly all scholarly disciplines including law, philosophy, politics, history and so on, does it not?
    you have to have evidence if you say that it cant be true. im just saying that it might be possible and have observed this thing about ENFPs, i have also successfully types one INFP male(previously tested and self confirmed) and INFJ female(didnt know about MBTI, but totally agreed with INFJ after i taught her more about typology) from just them saying like one sentence that didnt even point out towards their type and looking at their expressions.

    you see, i have some support for it possibly being true with good enough typing skills, your only support for it not being true is, well you have none..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    And this is why INTP Central sucks

  10. #20
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    And this is why INTP Central sucks
    Lol, yup.

    To be fair, it is often said that eyes portray their intuition. I don't think you can be too objective with this, but I believe there are perhaps a few traits that show similarities between those with identical functions.

Similar Threads

  1. Test your typing skills! Type these already-typed people
    By Cenomite in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 09:43 AM
  2. How do you type people?
    By yenom in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
  3. How to quickly type people in the real world.
    By Kleinheiko in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 04:11 AM
  4. Typing people by identifying the extravert function
    By alcea rosea in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 01:14 PM
  5. Biggest problems in typing - People mistyping themselves
    By alcea rosea in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO