• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is healthy/unhealthy?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Hi
A few days ago I've read a thread about the characters from malcolm in the middle. Someone typed Lois as ESTJ or maybe as an unhealthy ESFJ.
I didn't get what that means and I couldn't find anything on the internet. Can someone give me a quick explanation, please?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think people tend to put in their own definitions.

Id say for me unhealthy tends to mean someone who is completely mired in their personalities without any self-awareness whatsoever. The more extreme the worst, as the individual is literally unable to perceive themselves in a balanced manner.

Anything and everything is used as an excuse to project self-revelation and blame elsewhere. The controlling spouse is only 'looking out for your best interests' the abusive friend is only doing things 'that you made me do'.

There is a lot more to this but I don't want to write an essay. Besides we are all guilty of this to some extent, it is just how big of an extent.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it tends to mean "I don't like them" more often than not. :dry:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I think people tend to put in their own definitions.

Id say for me unhealthy tends to mean someone who is completely mired in their personalities without any self-awareness whatsoever. The more extreme the worst, as the individual is literally unable to perceive themselves in a balanced manner.

Anything and everything is used as an excuse to project self-revelation and blame elsewhere. The controlling spouse is only 'looking out for your best interests' the abusive friend is only doing things 'that you made me do'.

There is a lot more to this but I don't want to write an essay. Besides we are all guilty of this to some extent, it is just how big of an extent.

Ok, so someone who has developed many bad manners of a personality is unhealthy?

Edit: I just found this: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/intro.asp#instincts

Healthy
Level 1
The Level of Liberation
Level 2
The Level of Psychological Capacity
Level 3
The Level of Social Value

Average
Level 4
The Level of Imbalance/ Social Role
Level 5
The Level of Interpersonal Control
Level 6
The Level of Overcompensation

Unhealthy
Level 7
The Level of Violation
Level 8
The Level of Obsession and Compulsion
Level 9
The Level of Pathological Destructiveness

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
it tends to mean "I don't like them" more often than not. :dry:

Unfortunately so. Ironically doing that is a sign of an unhealthy individual, looking for something to pin their anguish on.

Ok, so someone who has developed many bad manners of a personality is unhealthy?

I don't know about bad manners, I was just giving my view on it, but your link is interesting and of more use than my personalised definition, which in itself is an ironic construct designed to protect one, (me), from self-revelation.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone who has behavior that is destructive to themselves or others. If she is estj then her behavior is deemed by the person somewhat acceptable because estjs are "not supposed to" be aware of how they come across to others or somesuch whereas for an esfj that would be less acceptable because they are "supposed to know better" would be my guess.

I

Infinite Bubble

I'm unsure if this is what you are looking for:

Whoever was typing Lois was obviously using the dichotomies rather than cognitive functions. When someone transforms into the unhealthy version of their type, they begin to use their inferior and shadow functions more. So a Thinker may act more like a Feeler because that function will be lower in their stacking. So when they said ESTJ or unhealthy ESFJ, they meant that she could in fact be an F but be acting more T due to unhealthiness. Except they would be wrong because ESTJ's have Te/Fi and ESFJ's Ti/Fe. An unhealthy ESFJ would use Ne and Ti more (in an immature way because they are undeveloped). There are also tertiary loops where one ignores their auxiliary and become reliant on Dom & Tert functions which is a horrible place to be in because they both have the same orientation (Intro/Extroverted), and one needs both otherwise disorders can develop.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I

Infinite Bubble

Are you under stress at the present time? Where you healthier when scoring as INFP or now?

There are conflicting theories about whether or not your type can actually change. Personally, I think it can fluctuate during the course of your life. Remember that there are other variables that can be perceived as your type changing e.g. development of other functions, stress, hormones etc. I think that you will always have a natural tendency to some functions which is why the majority of people keep their type throughout their life. So it could be a phase now, or maybe it was a phase back then.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
We all tend to automatically repress the functions that contradict the conscious point of view, those functions are inferior and tert to a lesser degree. This repression is what makes the functions unconscious, but nevertheless they are there and are guiding your behavior to some degree. When the situation would strongly need the usage of the unconscious functions, they might erupt from the unconscious in uncontrollable ways(especially if there has been some pressure on the function than havent found a proper vent), leading to this unhealthy behavior.

Thats why its good to develop your tert and inferior, so that you can find the correct ways of adjusting to different situations and do it consciously, not let your inferior go into some rampage and cause all sorts of shit you wouldnt normally want to cause.

When speaking of unhealthy individual in terms of typology, its the kind of person that easily uses some undeveloped function and cant control it and thus causing all sorts of unhealthy shit to himself and/or others

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
We all tend to automatically repress the functions that contradict the conscious point of view, those functions are inferior and tert to a lesser degree. This repression is what makes the functions unconscious, but nevertheless they are there and are guiding your behavior to some degree. When the situation would strongly need the usage of the unconscious functions, they might erupt from the unconscious in uncontrollable ways(especially if there has been some pressure on the function than havent found a proper vent), leading to this unhealthy behavior.

Thats why its good to develop your tert and inferior, so that you can find the correct ways of adjusting to different situations and do it consciously, not let your inferior go into some rampage and cause all sorts of shit you wouldnt normally want to cause.

When speaking of unhealthy individual in terms of typology, its the kind of person that easily uses some undeveloped function and cant control it and thus causing all sorts of unhealthy shit to himself and/or others

Are you a Jungian therapist?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's often used as a politically correct way of saying that they embody all the negative stereotypes associated with their type. Sometimes, it's used to say that it is hard to recognize the person as that type, perhaps more though some long-term stress or complex.