User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Default What does your type and gender mean to you?

you know, this is one of my silly thoughts again.

but i was thinking, since infj is the image of feminity and all, would i actually be better able to be myself as a female? mayhaps, but what would be different if you were changed opposite gender?

i would definately try the differrent vocals at voice acting and singing, aand like all males, satisfy my curiosity by touching private places to feel how different it would be.

along my primary changes would be, that id be more often in my state of emotional display, which already is one of the things i most appreciate by this reality.

what else these things mean to me, is, that im silly like the way i am. althouggh thats probably just my nineness, other male infjs have been rather too upstuck serious comparing to myself.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

People have been debating my type on this forum for almost a year (INTJ, ISTP, ENTP, INTP, 5, 7, and so forth) so I guess it means different things to different people, but to me, it means the dynamics behind my thought processing and the means I use to accomplish goals; I'm also a male (my gender is more obvious than it is for almost any other forum member), but personally I don't really care about gender - and I think the whole idea of correlating type with gender since they don't share any real relationship will only make things less clear and more confusing.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's the basis upon which some fucker is going to decide to discriminate against me... always
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

MBTI
    xxTP

I don't really think about my gender (sex to use the non-politically correct but more normal term) I just take it for granted, as I take for granted being a human, it's something essential.

Type is a bit of fun. MBTI theory is more something to help me think about how to relate to different people I meet, get to the root of misunderstandings, and my own weaknesses. It's not an "identity" or something essential, but a set of tools with which we interpet two "absolutes", namely:
    1.)the true self inside (some irrational set of drives) and
    2.)the outside external world (i.e. other people's subjectivity which are paradoxically but correctly, an objective fact - and NO objective does NOT mean unchangeable)

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post

but i was thinking, since infj is the image of feminity and all, would i actually be better able to be myself as a female? mayhaps, but what would be different if you were changed opposite gender?

i would definately try the differrent vocals at voice acting and singing, aand like all males, satisfy my curiosity by touching private places to feel how different it would be.

along my primary changes would be, that id be more often in my state of emotional display, which already is one of the things i most appreciate by this reality.

what else these things mean to me, is, that im silly like the way i am. althouggh thats probably just my nineness, other male infjs have been rather too upstuck serious comparing to myself.
    Could you not become a woman? Don't let some pesky y-chromosome push you around.

When you say "better able to be yourself if I were a female" are you referring to your behaviour being more socially acceptable or that being a male dulls the effects of being an NF, asserting that males have a mental pre-disposition towards thinking? In the case of the former I say just do it. Don't lessen yourself expecting the masses to welcome you in with open arms because they won't. They will take something if you have something to offer and drop you when you don't. Live for yourself and your own dreams. Cry if you want to or don't if you don't want to. If it's the latter then try and get in touch with your emotions more as I have read being out of touch with emotions and personal identity is a problem nines face.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm a male ENFP, yeah I don't normally conform to societal male expectations. I enjoy it.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

INTP female. I'm always thinking and analyzing stuff around me. Compared to people around me, and especially other females, I appear more detached and self-contained. I'm actually quite sensitive and vulnerable emotionally but unless I'm really close with someone or I'm having an inferior Fe episode, you probably won't see that side of me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I see my type as a kind of shorthand for describing certain things about me. Gender does kind of the same thing, I guess. I think being a female F or male T is easier than being a female T or male F because it works better with our culture's gender roles, stereotypes, and socialization.

So I know I have it easier than a lot of folks. I feel pretty comfortable with my gender and am more or less at home in my own skin, but I do get frustrated with gender roles, stereotypes, socialization and physical limitations due to sexual dimorphism in size and muscle mass on occasion. I'm kind of a runt, though, so maybe if I was female but bigger the dimorphism wouldn't bother me.

Edit: Being white, straight, and not prone to gaining weight also affords me a hell of a lot of leeway, which I probably take for granted much of the time.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post

I don't think that INFJ is the image of femininity, although I have met a lot of ISFJ and INFJ men who say they're more "emotional" than "the average guy" and don't like that about themselves. I can only think of one INFJ guy I know right now, and I can tell he's very sentimental about his friends when he lets his guard down, but other than that, he doesn't come off as emotional. They keep things under wraps, those INFJs.

I don't find much of a conflict between being ENFP and being a woman, although I do think it would be much more convenient socially to be an FJ of some sort.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'm entering my late 20s, and noticing some career strengths that come from being a female NTJ. While many others are more intelligent, well-read, and hard-working than me (I'm all of those things to some degree, but can be outpaced in all of those areas), I'm many people's superior when it comes to pattern-recognition and strategy-execution from that pattern-based data. I have a rarely-wielded tool that makes me valuable, so long as I can keep clear-headed* enough to put that tool to work.

I'm also noticing how important it is to have a genuinely self-confident guy to date, because the ones projecting baseless confidence can't find their balance with me (no matter how much both of us would like to make it work ).

So, career's looking up, romantic life* is not where I hoped it would be. I have lots of great non-platonic relationships, though, so it's just a matter of me being too much of a workaholic to play the odds and find a twentysomething guy who has the confidence to keep up with me. I can't stop my goal-directed personality. It's part of who I am. When I suppress it I become smaller.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis