User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If anyone thinks males are unemotional, just observe a bunch of guys watching the superbowl, or even competing over some attractive girl.
    Absolutely.

Guys are SO much more high-drama then they think they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis
    I'm neither happy nor unhappy with my gender. To me, it is just like my hair color, handedness, or physical build. It is what it is, and I will make the most of it.
    I agree with this most of the time. I agreed with this 100% until I got to high school, and realized that my gender-neutral "I am who I am" view was not necessarily shared by most people I came into contact with. It's been worse since going to college; before college, I had about an equal number of male friends and female friends, but now everyone is so gender-segregated that I have maybe 80-85% female friends and 15-20% male. I miss having a big group of guy friends to shoot the shit with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis
    Every male F and female T who freely exercises and expresses their preferences makes the world a more hospitable place for those who follow. You don't have to be male to be T or have T values/qualities any more than you have to be white to be financially and professionally successful.
    Very true!
    My point here is that men display plenty of emotions, even T men, just not the same emotions in the same settings as the average (presumably F) woman.
    Yep. Men, I think, are more likely to get publicly angry, while women are more likely to get publicly emotional about something sad or heartwarming. That likely has more to do with T vs. F as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    I dont think the submissive housewife ideal has anything to do with feminity, rather just the arrogance of sensors.
    ... what the hell? Where do you get this stuff?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Absolutely.

Guys are SO much more high-drama then they think they are.

I agree with this most of the time. I agreed with this 100% until I got to high school, and realized that my gender-neutral "I am who I am" view was not necessarily shared by most people I came into contact with. It's been worse since going to college; before college, I had about an equal number of male friends and female friends, but now everyone is so gender-segregated that I have maybe 80-85% female friends and 15-20% male. I miss having a big group of guy friends to shoot the shit with.

Very true!

Yep. Men, I think, are more likely to get publicly angry, while women are more likely to get publicly emotional about something sad or heartwarming. That likely has more to do with T vs. F as well.

i think its pretty obvious those ideals originate from the sensor realm, just can you imagine an intuitor who doesnt want equal love? Well some go for sensors, so i guess there are a few.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

If anyone thinks males are unemotional, just observe a bunch of guys watching the superbowl, or even competing over some attractive girl.
    Absolutely true and it is the culture that surrounds men constantly telling them how logical, rational and unencumbered by emotion they are that causes so much damage in the first place.

I also find the fact that most people accept such social myths as automatically true and factually objective, to be a frightening reality of what people will believe.

As a male myself this is not some appeal to appear more in tune with current themes of gender equality, more so an observation ive made over the years and have experienced the raw end of from those men unable to realise their own foibles and lies made to disguise the self from the flaws of their assumptions.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

i think its pretty obvious those ideals originate from the sensor realm, just can you imagine an intuitor who doesnt want equal love? Well some go for sensors, so i guess there are a few.
    You need more experience with N women. N's can get into a bind, in pursuit/maintenance of a relationship, just as S women can.

Makes it up. Look around -- this is a very creative forum.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

can you imagine an intuitor who doesnt want equal love?
    Actually, yes, I can.

You can't type someone based on their moral values.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Makes it up. Look around -- this is a very creative forum.
    Creativity that was undoubtedly stifled, until now, by being forced into the Sensor Status Quo.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

I'm an INTJ and I'm very proud of being female. I abhor gender stereotypes.
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

You can't type someone based on their moral values.
    oh, how wrong, very wrong you are.

did you ever wonder where the thiefs, rapers and liars came from? i did, and i found out theres an type called istj who are all liars, and some if not majority choose the amoral path, in which they start using their lies for personal profit.

and then theres their soulmate match, esfp, who are all amoral and wont hesitate to destroy you if it pleases them some how.

and the rest of sensors are somewhere in between the realm of hell and heaven, more to the hell side than intuitors however, intuitors who have Fi in their type are amoral usually to sensors oversensitivity of ego issues and other ridiculous sensor issues.

typing people by their morals is one of the easiest typology methods. each type has their specific pitfalls.

infjs evil is lack of care for sensors norms, if unhealthy that is. in comparison, i think intuitors are saints.
    healthiness is all about appreciating other peoples inferior function. its like the sore spot no one ever notices, but we desperately wish they did, and if you focus on doing that, youll have many friends. and also learn to appreciate your own inferior function, others wont find it stupid if you show them how cool it is.

INTJ 4w3 Sp Sx. (i dont believe in tritype. i do believe in learning traits from others.)

mistakes happen. expect them, and grow from them. look for them, and avoid them.

did you ever wonder where the thiefs, rapers and liars came from? i did, and i found out theres an type called istj who are all liars, and some if not majority choose the amoral path, in which they start using their lies for personal profit.

and then theres their soulmate match, esfp, who are all amoral and wont hesitate to destroy you if it pleases them some how.

and the rest of sensors are somewhere in between the realm of hell and heaven, more to the hell side than intuitors however, intuitors who have Fi in their type are amoral usually to sensors oversensitivity of ego issues and other ridiculous sensor issues.

typing people by their morals is one of the easiest typology methods. each type has their specific pitfalls.

infjs evil is lack of care for sensors norms, if unhealthy that is. in comparison, i think intuitors are saints.
    Are you going to comment on skin color, next? Just curious.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oh, how wrong, very wrong you are.

who the hell do you think that you are to come here and spout bullshit about entire groups of people all over the place? you're like the highly drunk guy who crashes someone's baby shower and pukes all over the presents... and the cake... and probably the baby, if it's one of those weird baby showers that occur after the birth of the baby

ALL ISTJs ARE LIARS? ALL ESFPs ARE IMMORAL AND WILL ENJOY DESTROYING YOU? where the fuck do you get this bullshit?

you can't really believe the drivel that you assault us with can you? you aren't that dumb, are you? you are completely undermining my hopes that human beings aren't complete and utter morons

seriously, please say that you aren't really this stupid

*goes to make another pot of tea to try and assuage the hurt done to intelligence in this thread*

p.s. you never responded to my post in the other thread... I'll take your admission of defeat... thank you!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Infinite Bubble

^ It was probably a troll. I hope.