User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    lol@Socionics, their poorly translated English, and their grim neo-Soviet websites.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Today's psychologists have substituted thought dynamics for functional definitions, and the wander off through logical deduction after precise classification, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to personality - ahem, SolitaryWalker!.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by edited insult
    I'm not sure this cheating problem is type related; it sounds like something any sleezy bastard of any type could do.

If you want to know what types are more likely to do this sort of thing though, the ISTP and their lack of loyalty would make them an option.

But like I said before, this sounds like universal problem in our society - perhaps it could be fixed by learning to better appreciate one another and our conflicting points of view.
    Does anyone else have more citations of scarcely coherent folk typological utterances reminiscent of the one above? If so, I'd be delighted to analyze them here.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Today's psychologists have substituted thought dynamics for functional definitions, and the wander off through logical deduction after precise classification, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to personality - ahem, SolitaryWalker!.
    If you are going to post in my thread, strive for clarity and concision. The purpose of writing is to set up a dialogue with the other party, obscuring your message in needlessly ornate statements does not help. I am not impressed with your arcane manner of exposition and recherche vocabulary, I've long grown out of that phase and I suggest you do that too.
    Last edited by Ivy; 02-08-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: edited insult
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Society

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    If you want to know what types are more likely to do this sort of thing though, the ISTP and their lack of loyalty would make them an option.
    Does anyone else have more citations of scarcely coherent folk typological utterances reminiscent of the one above?
    i can't argue that it's coherent (its possible i'm missing the context), BUT i can argue that it's not necessarily a misuse of MBTI: while functions do not control what values you hold, it's not unreasonable to think that certain functions can make upholding certain values easier.

for example, though not to derail the thread:

i have no idea if that's the logic behind the quoted condemnation of ISTPs, since the quoted poster didn't make their logic visible in the part you quoted, but the lack of coherence does not in itself suggest a misuse.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

i can't argue that it's coherent (its possible i'm missing the context), BUT i can argue that it's not necessarily a misuse of MBTI: while functions do not control what values you hold, it's not unreasonable to think that certain functions can make upholding certain values easier.

for example, though not to derail the thread:

i have no idea if that's the logic behind the quoted condemnation of ISTPs, since the quoted poster didn't make their logic visible in the part you quoted, but the lack of coherence does not in itself suggest a misuse.
    The fact that Se in some sense makes licentious behavior easier does not prove that SPs are more likely to cheat. Whether a person engages in deplorable promiscuity has more to do with the personal values they have developed due to their influences and personal choices. The fact that they may have been slightly less likely to develop such deplorable values had they belonged to another type is rather trivial because the influence of type is marginal.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

Society

The fact that Se in some sense makes licentious behavior easier does not prove that SPs are more likely to cheat. Whether a person engages in deplorable promiscuity has more to do with the personal values they have developed due to their influences and personal choices. The fact that they may have been slightly less likely to develop such deplorable values had they belonged to another type is rather trivial because the influence of type is marginal.
    pay attention - i gave an example where both had the exact same value - and explained how Si made it easier to uphold that particular value.

this is entirely separate topic form whether someone is likely to have that value in the first place (which has a lot more to do with upbringing, the questions they've encountered, their view of relationships from their parents, media that influenced them, and a thousand other factors).

holding a value - believing in it, and upholding a value - acting in accordance to it, are not the same thing (wouldn't life be easy if they were?). the functions don't influence the value in this case, but they influence the direction from which upholding it takes place, and thus the level of conscious effort with it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

pay attention - i gave an example where both had the exact same value - and explained how Si made it easier to uphold that particular value.

this is entirely separate topic form whether someone is likely to have that value in the first place (which has a lot more to do with upbringing, the questions they've encountered, their view of relationships from their parents, media that influenced them, and a thousand other factors).

holding a value - believing in it, and upholding a value - acting in accordance to it, are not the same thing (wouldn't life be easy if they were?). the functions don't influence the value in this case, but they influence the direction from which upholding it takes place, and thus the level of conscious effort with it.
    The claim that it is easier for one type to uphold a certain value than for another offers only minimal support for the conclusion that people of a certain type are more likely to engage in this or that deplorable behavior. Again, your claim does nothing to show that the above cited statement from the typological ignoramus was not an abuse of typology.

Society

The claim that it is easier for one type to uphold a certain value than for another offers only minimal support for the conclusion that people of a certain type are more likely to engage in this or that deplorable behavior.
    actually it does - if two people are pushing heavy levers, and lever A is easier to push then lever B, then for them to have an equal chance of pushing the lever, the person pushing lever B has to be stronger.

likewise, if the task is mentally easier for an Si dom then it is for an Se dom, then for them to have an equal chance at performing the task, one would have to assume that the later has a higher capacity for conscious effort or willpower. in this case, i see no reason for that to be true.

MBTI
    xxTP

Men are biologically programmed to spread our seed as wide as possible.

It's cultural influences that would make us not cheat on partner, not the other way round.

And also looks. The better looking a man is, more opportunities he will have open to him for quick sex.

(Maybe money as well, but the girl will usually in that case want more than just quick sex, thereby reducing the opportunity somewhat, though still it will be superior than in the case of a poor non-handsome man).

No man because of his type has any more or less biological sex drive to screw maximum number of women, than any other MBTI type.

Man's Nature > Type

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Men are biologically programmed to spread our seed as wide as possible.

It's cultural influences that would make us not cheat on partner, not the other way round.

And also looks. The better looking a man is, more opportunities he will have open to him for quick sex.

(Maybe money as well, but the girl will usually in that case want more than just quick sex, thereby reducing the opportunity somewhat, though still it will be superior than in the case of a poor non-handsome man).

No man because of his type has any more or less biological sex drive to screw maximum number of women, than any other MBTI type.

Man's Nature > Type
    ^FTW!^ lol.

I'll add, perhaps more core to the crux of this argument, that before a man (and woman's) heart are ready for and to give true love, your above said has more of a likelihood of being true. Having said that, after (and most importantly if) a man's heart changes to want to only give a monogamous marriage, that is a greater determinant than any other as to whether giving without acts of moral/spiritual terpitude.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'