User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Society

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Extroverted Intuition is the cognitive tendency to be in affinity with the abstract faculties of perception and to have the faculties of perception most easily stimulated from the outside than from within.
    that's symptomatic.

Collectors (Si-Ne users) is the cognitive tendency to connect new information (experiences & patterns) with one's accumulated array of information.

in the realms of detailed experiences (sensory information), this tendency results in a series of bridges & break-points utilizing similarity and contrast, narrowing down within one's spectrum of experience to mentally retrieve the most fitting precedent.

in the realm of patterns (abstract information), this tendency results in a multiply generations of hybrids as the new patterns mix & match with one's preexisting collection of patterns to generate new ones to then be reapplied to whichever subjects they can fit.

a preference for the first stems from it's ability to provide the most coherent information given the collector's mindset, while the preference for the later stems from it's ability to provide the maximum stimuli given the collector's mindset. the first functions as introverted by virtue of seeking the most coherent information (to compliment extroverted judging), the later functions as extroverted by virtue of seeking the maximum stimuli (to compliment introverted judging).

note: thinking about this in retrospect, the possible reason that Ne can appear to have a short-attention span for those who have a preference for coherence (Ni/Si), is because they see the Ne user changing what he/she is thinking about whenever expressing a new form, while the Ne user's brain is actually still breeding the same patterns, still focused on the same new genes and seen what new DNA they create.
    it's an understandable confusion, though personally i find this confusion to be funny, since i was diagnosed with the exact opposite attention disorder (hyperfocus - the difficulty in shifting attention).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    /Inferior Fe

/Inferior Fi

/Inferior Ti

/Inferior Si
    I'm not sure if this is as ironic as you wanted it to be..... though I don't really see a connection for the third and fourth one. Noticing tendencies within one's inferred thought process is not typology done wrong.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I understood what the difference was all along you're no teacher and I am perfectly capable of understanding definitions by myself. I wasn't even talking to you. Do I need to copy and paste the ESFJ rant thread of yours again?
    Sure, if you'd like to contribute that post to this thread, go ahead. We'll analyze it here.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Another one from that INFP thread.....

Ns being smarter than Ss actually makes perfect sense however, given that strong Sensors by definition either lack the capacity for conceptual thinking or prefer not to use it. The ones that do tend to have strong Ne or Ni (The aforementioned ESTP genius is probably Ne-inferior given he becomes a master bullshitter under pressure).
    The problem here isn't that ESTPs are actually Ni-inferior, no it's much worse and problematic than that. First of all, since when is Ne the only function that allows you to be an awesome BS'er (well, since when is there that strong of a connection between function and BS'ing anyway, but that's another matter). I don't blame whoever wrote this, it's a reasonable conjecture to make if you buy into the MBTI-esque warped assumption that abstract/conceptual thinking capacity is of the N function. The sort of abstractions and concepts on the IQ test have zilch to do with type, and if you want to go there with abstraction just in itself, that would actually have to do with introversion, not intuition, but it's not nearly the IQ type of abstraction. I'd say the real problem is even bigger than that....... it's the reduction of types and functions to something like cogs of the train, because when you take out the function's relationship to the self, and the human complexities of such you're missing the point entirely. Type is somewhere more in the realm between philosophy and psychology, and something critical is too often lost in its translation to something more of a science, this something is not conveyed in the vast majority of posts here, no wonder people often don't know how to do typology.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Thank you, this assessment provides an instance of a non-sensical typological statement, as you already know.

Can you find examples of absurdities uttered by others?
    Finding logical absurdities is as easy as finding hydrogen in the universe, but sometimes there's a grain of truth to them.

''INTPs are reserved'' and "ESFPs like parties" are, logically speaking, false statements, but there's some correlation. Pick 100 general statements that are more often than not true and you have something pretty useful to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I'm not sure if this is as ironic as you wanted it to be..... though I don't really see a connection for the third and fourth one.
    /Inferior Si

Noticing tendencies within one's inferred thought process is not typology done wrong.
    I was impersonating a specific member. The error is blaming people's inferior functions for everything (subjectively considered) wrong/inaccurate/inconsiderate that they do or say.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    /Inferior Si

Well in theory I'm pretty sure we never quite have full direct awareness of our inferior, so I have nothing to say here

I was impersonating a specific member. The error is blaming people's inferior functions for everything (subjectively considered) wrong/inaccurate/inconsiderate that they do or say.
    Yeah they aren't to blame for everything. They are in a sense "to blame" for some things though. Blaming for some things isn't blaming for everything.

MBTI
    xxTP

Well someone who is guided by their inferior function would not be conscious of it and therefore their denial would be worthless.

I like that theory a lot.

Bascially my view is if you are not consciously using your inferior function for good (or even just self-interest), you are probably unconsciously dominated by it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

How NOT to do typology
    I'd be more interested to know how it should be used instead of how not to use it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    People tend to define Si/Se as a lack of Ne/Ni. Many people ocnsciously or subcosnsciouly think you have to "earn" the "right" to call yourself an N

[...]

Actually I don't know if this was relevant to the OP. If so, great. If not, that sucks, move on.
    This.

The forum's search feature sucks, so I can't find specific examples--but I'm sure we've all seen "sensors can't do intuition, but intuitives can do sensing."

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    This.

The forum's search feature sucks, so I can't find specific examples--but I'm sure we've all seen "sensors can't do intuition, but intuitives can do sensing."
    Thats my favourite though I do believe its actually "intuition for the sensor is a feral, menancing beast which cannot be tamed and sensing for the intuitive is like having a fishing net with large holes for the fish to escape from."