User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Soo... would Jung be looking at us and then telling his therapist where we are touching him in the bad places by using a doll?
    You sure have a way with peculiar figurative expressions that border on incomprehensibility.

I guess I don't understand getting ones panties in a twist over something that isn't exact or accurate.
    Yeah, you're right. It's not exact science, so why bother thinking about it. Let's just say all non-scientific statements are equally acceptable and leave it at that, okay?

And I would like to again point out that you still haven't addressed my analysis of the quotes far above.
    I didn't see an analysis, what do you want me to respond to?

Which leads me to the truth of this thread in that you are just going to cherry pick the bizarre berries that fulfill your crazy basket of crazy.
    Easy, you're making my head spin already.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Hey guys I think David Keirsey is completely awesome, because he makes some types like Inventors and Masterminds sounds far superior to other types such as Supervisors and Providers!

Some people were just born better and more awesome than others, and those with less special dazzle to their personalities can suck it!

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better, and your better is best. -Tim Duncam (Wait, we're born with our types, so why in hell can some people 'get better' if they are programmed from their genesis as dwarfs!?)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Sorry if I misunderstood what you were arguing, but it really seemed to me that was what you were arguing for. I agree with you that it is pointless to link it to self-worth...and I'd also agree with you that people use it as a catch-all, but I think as long as you ignore the common definition, it can be a useful concept. *shrug*
    I agree. The question of whose definition do you choose, and why, is still awkward... I think that psychometrics has taken up the variable "g" to indicate an overall intelligence measure... Part of me hopes the whole construct will be dropped in favor of more scientific, less self-worth-related measures. At least personally I doubt the existence of a single factor that will determine overall success in all areas of life, much less one that is type-related.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I agree. The question of whose definition do you choose, and why, is still awkward... I think that psychometrics has taken up the variable "g" to indicate an overall intelligence measure... Part of me hopes the whole construct will be dropped in favor of more scientific, less self-worth-related measures. At least personally I doubt the existence of a single factor that will determine overall success in all areas of life, much less one that is type-related.
    Mmm, I don't know, I think certain types do have an advantage. I don't think anyone factor is deterministic, but certainly, I think it's advantageous in capitalism to be a J, for example. Also, I don't really know what you mean by "more scientific, less self-worth related" because I've never seen a study that's determined someone's intelligence by how they've described their self-worth.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Yeah, you're right. It's not exact science, so why bother thinking about it. Let's just say all non-scientific statements are equally acceptable and leave it at that, okay?
    You seem to be saying that typology either must be studied with a sort of originalist perspective to the degree that you yourself wish to study it or is not worth being studied at all, and then belittling others who disagree with this. You, sir, ought to win an award for your astonishing unwillingness or inability to view Typology as anything other than a field that only expounds upon original works- a field that doesn't challenge assumptions, opinions, or observations, and never needs to take a retrospective look at itself. That seems quite silly if you ask me.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Mmm, I don't know, I think certain types do have an advantage. I don't think anyone factor is deterministic, but certainly, I think it's advantageous in capitalism to be a J, for example. Also, I don't really know what you mean by "more scientific, less self-worth related" because I've never seen a study that's determined someone's intelligence by how they've described their self-worth.
    Oh, I mean the other way around, like how the public generally takes "smarter" to be "better". Perhaps it means more able, but better is a subjective, personally-determined value thing. Like let's say you are looking at partners... do you want a partner who is smart? Yes, of course, the vast majority does. But do you want a partner who is good at math? Well, you might not care, really. That sort of thing. The idea that "intelligence" is particularly linked to being "better" in general, while many other variables that are part of what we generally consider intelligence come out being less linked to worth when they are isolated.

I do agree of course that Js probably have an advantage in capitalistic systems... I think Ss have it better in basically any situation that requires being observant... Ts of course are better when dealing with rigid logic systems... and so on...

It just bothers me how much crossover there is between classification, like typology, and individual worth. It seems to me we should start out assuming that all people have worth because they are humans too, and take it from there.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    You seem to be saying that typology either must be studied with a sort of originality perspective or is not worth being studied at all, and then belittling others who disagree with this. You, sir, seem to be the intellectually boxed-in inferior in this discussion.
    No, I said that the problem with modern typology is not that it deviates from Jung's writings but that it lacks the rigor and intellectual discipline of their predecessor's works.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

O gosh, all these gay INTP super-genius uber-epic almighty-Architects of everything are the most freaking annoying people in existence!

They think that they're like the smartest people in the world, can build all these amazing systems, and design the master blueprints for the ignorant slaves to render.

If you question their incredibly complex and boring logic, they will annihilate you with the most powerfully devestating arguments conceivable, leaving you crying your brains out for a week!

And worst of all, they have no respect whatsoever for upholding the sacred traditions of society or putting on the right face to please people.

They truly are the most despicable creatures in all of Typology. It's pathetic really, watching them all worship at the alter of Kerisey and chanting his antichrist bible!

Just don't do it
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    O gosh, all these gay INTP super-genius uber-epic almighty-Architects of everything are the most freaking annoying people in existence!

They think that they're like the smartest people in the world, can build all these amazing systems, and design the master blueprints for the ignorant slaves to render.

If you question their incredibly complex and boring logic, they will annihilate you with the most powerfully devestating arguments conceivable, leaving you crying your brains out for a week!

And worst of all, they have no respect whatsoever for upholding the sacred traditions of society or putting on the right face to please people.

They truly are the most despicable creatures in all of Typology. It's pathetic really, watching them all worship at the alter of Kerisey and chanting his antichrist bible!
    I'd rather be the master-mind type. Fuck Keirsey!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”