User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    To avoid early polemics and accusations of trolling, I will not cite any statements that were made on this forum (at least not in the OP), I'll leave that to you!
    /Inferior Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    "There is not 1% sensor brain in me."
    /Inferior Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    You will find an abundance of such claims in the "What's My Type" sub-forum.
    /Inferior Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    and you can say that outrageous claim I just made is a prime example of how not to do Typology!
    /Inferior Si
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    /Inferior Fe
    Thank you, this assessment provides an instance of a non-sensical typological statement, as you already know. It is obviously a fallacy to assume that because somebody displays a particular behavior, they must belong to this or that type.

/Inferior Fi
    Same here.

/Inferior Ti
    Again

/Inferior Si
    And again.

Can you find examples of absurdities uttered by others?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I do recall a member recently saying that the biggest difference that there is is between S and N because Ss can't see the big picture and have no vision... I'm going to be polite and not point out who it was who said it, but I definitely remember it because I thought "here we go again!" when they said it

Thank you, can you find the direct quote for us so that person can recognize their own utterance in this thread?
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

There's a lot in the OP which I agree with and they probably have summed up the typological equivalent of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" but I can see this thread quickly nose diving into trolling or bickering.

A lot of the "hard typologists" or their threads are very old, gone or dropped off the page or something like that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

A lot of the "hard typologists" or their threads are very old, gone or dropped off the page or something like that.
    We've got to transfer their material here, otherwise there may be a resurgence of folk typological bilges very soon. If one emerges anyways, we can refer their authors and aficionados to this thread, perhaps they'll learn a thing or two.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    We've got to transfer their material here, otherwise there may be a resurgence of folk typological bilges very soon. If one emerges anyways, we can refer their authors and aficionados to this thread, perhaps they'll learn a thing or two.
    Interesting, I might subscribe this thread and when I find them browsing the forum I could link them to this thread.

The phenomenon of "folk typology" is similar to more "folkish" understanding or theorising in general, I've seen it in other personality or character trait theories, theres too much space for projection and personalisation a lot of the time.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Shame it's just this forum, I have a nice memory bank of such statements from Perc.

But I suppose part of the fun is naming and shaming without the name, or at least it appears to be.

*EDIT*

Wait I found one from here: Besides that's a big heap of Fe.

*Double EDIT*

Found more!

That seems to be a hang-up of Fe

Although I must admit, those ESFJ's have the same chin as me

Does Ti sieve information for it's logical accuracy and consistency?

If so, is accuracy closer to truth?

If accuracy is closer to truth, does that mean Ti is anti-lying?

Ok so these are more functionally based, but I would have thought the same misconceptions apply.

Oh last *EDIT*#

This one JUST came up: How do you tell an ESFJ that the friendship is over without them going crazy on you?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Shame it's just this forum, I have a nice memory bank of such statements from Perc.

But I suppose part of the fun is naming and shaming without the name, or at least it appears to be.

*EDIT*

Wait I found one from here: Besides that's a big heap of Fe.

*Double EDIT*

Found more!

That seems to be a hang-up of Fe

Although I must admit, those ESFJ's have the same chin as me

Does Ti sieve information for it's logical accuracy and consistency?

If so, is accuracy closer to truth?

If accuracy is closer to truth, does that mean Ti is anti-lying?

Ok so these are more functionally based, but I would have thought the same misconceptions apply.

Oh last *EDIT*#

This one JUST came up: How do you tell an ESFJ that the friendship is over without them going crazy on you?
    I am sorry, I am not sure what you're getting at here. Do you wish to provide a specific example how typology was abused on this site? Do you have a question regarding this topic or did you post here with the sole purpose of making a digression from our topic?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I do recall a member recently saying that the biggest difference that there is is between S and N because Ss can't see the big picture and have no vision... I'm going to be polite and not point out who it was who said it, but I definitely remember it because I thought "here we go again!" when they said it
    You'll like this old one:

"Am I the only one who finds it a little ridiculous that a self-described STP is lecturing a thread full of N-dominant types on 'seeing the big picture' "

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    "There is not 1% sensor brain in me."
    I'm looking for some of the sardonic exchanges we had wherein one of us sardonically made an absurd statement about the differences in type and the other rationalized it using type theory. Those kicked so much ass.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm looking for some of the sardonic exchanges we had wherein one of us sardonically made an absurd statement about the differences in type and the other rationalized it using type theory. Those kicked so much ass.
    Bring them all in here, just make sure you keep the author's identity anonymous. Try to quote the exact verbatim, if possible. I'll soon go over all of our material and explain why all of our quotes belong in this thread, if they don't seem to belong, I'll attempt to dispute their placement here.