User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 276

  1. #131
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    at least now i know what one can expect from you
    The truth - which you don't like.

  2. #132
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    in accurate definition
    let me help you with that:

    Jaguar's truth, noun, a half-assed construct built upon easily countered pseudo-intellectual arguments maintained in spite of reason and rationality through the savoring of ignorance and the warm acceptance of easily identifiable fallacies. Synonyms: bullshit, mental masturbation, nonsense.

  3. #133
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    let me post more red herring bullshit so I don't have to admit the INFJ women in this forum have nothing to do with my wife.
    Expected.

  4. #134
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Expected.
    let's see: i explained why your argument was incorrect, lacking any ability or basis to defend your reasoning you went on to claim that my argument is wrong because you think i was wrong about something else entirely, you claimed it was the truth despite the counter reasoning - actually demonstrating that your notions of "the truth" is built on faulty arguments whose faults you where incapable of accepting and so went on with them anyway, and when that was point out, talking about your reasoning rather then where you derived your ad hominem from is understood in your mind to be redirecting from "the issue" that you redirected towards...

    great reasoning so far

  5. #135
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    let me help you with that:

    Jaguar's truth, noun, a half-assed construct built upon easily countered pseudo-intellectual arguments maintained in spite of reason and rationality through the savoring of ignorance and the warm acceptance of easily identifiable fallacies. Synonyms: bullshit, mental masturbation, nonsense.
    not to be picky here... (ok, yeah, I'm going to be picky here because it warms the cockles of my heart... whatever) but isn't ALL of the stuff about personality theory pseudo-intellectual and unable to be proven with hard science or even a rigorous statistical study of things?

    I mean, you can't call something bullshit if you're defending bullshit on your own in the same breath
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #136
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    not to be picky here... (ok, yeah, I'm going to be picky here because it warms the cockles of my heart... whatever) but isn't ALL of the stuff about personality theory pseudo-intellectual and unable to be proven with hard science or even a rigorous statistical study of things?

    I mean, you can't call something bullshit if you're defending bullshit on your own in the same breath
    rofl - you got me there - it is lacking in backup as far as i know, and i am somewhat on the fence about it. that's being said, if your talking about how to apply typology, it makes sense to me to do so under the assumptions of typology. i.e. i'm mostly agnostic, but if i am debating kosher rules with someone who is religious, then i'm going to do so on the basis of interpreting the very book i have near zero belief in - and even if the book is irrational, you can have both rational and irrational interpretations of it - a.k.a. internally consistent or not. the same is applicable here. while we're at it - i don't believe in magic but i can follow the rules of D&D.

    so this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    wrong - well, yes his quote is nonsense, but not because it describes traits - what would you call being a [insert function]-dom if not a trait? the disclaimer is just 90s style "trying to be pc and non judgmental" crap. he's wrong because he is pushing the dichotomy of mind onto a dichotomy of life - he's stereotyping intuitive's to have no consequences or actions in the real world, and thus only their theories can have an impact (and thus at best impact people intellectually or emotionally).
    assumes that functions exist in regards to how you apply typology. it doesn't defend it or denounces it, it simply follows it.

  7. #137
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    @Mane... the problem is that there's so damned many books with their own adherents that I see no point in recognizing any of them until they start making some rational sense to me. If they can't answer my questions as to how and why things are to be the way that they say they're in the reject pile... which is the only pile so far

    which is, of course, why I stick to just asking people to explain their point in a rational and scientific manner to me... unless they can convert me their argument is a fail

    ... otherwise there's the danger of sounding hypocritical

    *whatever is aware that someone, somewhere, is reading this post and thinking "that's Ti!" *
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #138
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    @Mane... the problem is that there's so damned many books with their own adherents that I see no point in recognizing any of them until they start making some rational sense to me. If they can't answer my questions as to how and why things are to be the way that they say they're in the reject pile... which is the only pile so far
    hahaha - i see how it works, and its sort of relates to a conversation i had with @ygolo a few days ago - what is the simplest thing you can state about typology that is self evident? what is the absolute bear minimum you can state about it as being correct without any evidence to support anything else - not the functions, not the dichotomies, not the extended readings about what the types mean or how they interact... just looking at what we know:

    we know that people read typology, look at some types and decide this isn't who they are, and look at other types and thinks that could be them or are sure it is them. perhaps one compliments them more then the other, perhaps one illustrates who they like to see themselves as more then the other, who they think they are.

    so at the absolute minimum, we have a typology of ego's - a typology matching some people's sense of identity

  9. #139
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    hahaha - i see how it works, and its sort of relates to a conversation i had with @ygolo a few days ago - what is the simplest thing you can state about typology that is self evident? what is the absolute bear minimum you can state about it as being correct without any evidence to support anything else - not the functions, not the dichotomies, not the extended readings about what the types mean or how they interact... just looking at what we know:

    we know that people read typology, look at some types and decide this isn't who they are, and look at other types and thinks that could be them or are sure it is them. perhaps one compliments them more then the other, perhaps one illustrates who they like to see themselves as more then the other, who they think they are.

    so at the absolute minimum, we have a typology of ego's - a typology matching some people's sense of identity
    I just have found humans to be so much more complex and varied than the average system gives them credit for being... it's like trying to fit someone into a set of caricatures, sure there will be some aspects that fit, but it won't ever really be them. (or for another comparison, it's like shopping for pants, especially for a woman where the sizing is super stupid... you won't ever find a good fit, you'll just have to compromise with something that won't restrict breathing or fall off of your ass) and I guess I'm not someone who really likes to have to settle for half assed as a means for discrimination

    of course people's usage of it turns me against it too
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #140
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I just have found humans to be so much more complex and varied than the average system gives them credit for being... it's like trying to fit someone into a set of caricatures, sure there will be some aspects that fit, but it won't ever really be them. (or for another comparison, it's like shopping for pants, especially for a woman where the sizing is super stupid... you won't ever find a good fit, you'll just have to compromise with something that won't restrict breathing or fall off of your ass) and I guess I'm not someone who really likes to have to settle for half assed as a means for discrimination

    of course people's usage of it turns me against it too
    that seems a bit off - just because something doesn't tell you everything there is to know about a person shouldn't be the basis for assuming that it tells you absolutely nothing

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTJ] How NOT to Mislead an ISTJ?
    By Bubbles in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-03-2015, 03:37 PM
  2. [ENFJ] ENFJ Communication/ how not to annoy them?
    By paddington bear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 08:23 PM
  3. ENFJ Communication/ how not to annoy them?
    By paddington bear in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 09:35 PM
  4. [ISTJ] How not to pursue an ISTJ
    By raz in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 12:24 PM
  5. How not to geocache
    By Martoon in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 04:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO