User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Amazing contributions from somewhere else will do, the purpose of this thread is to help us avoid the most common and the most severe typological fallacies.
    All right, I wouldn't want to break rules when my stay here has been great so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I approve of this thread.

I have been the recipient of many of these, but also I am certain I have made my share about myself.

I approve of this thread.

WALMART

Is quote-bombing Jung an accepted form of debate, or transmitting thoughts on typology?

"The morality of the intuitive is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbours is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer... These traits have a rather infantile, or even primitive, stamp; at times they are astonishingly naive, but at times also inconsiderate, crude, or outrageous."

If not, I'm going to grow incredibly bored.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Is quote-bombing Jung an accepted form of debate, or transmitting thoughts on typology?

"The morality of the intuitive is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbours is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer... These traits have a rather infantile, or even primitive, stamp; at times they are astonishingly naive, but at times also inconsiderate, crude, or outrageous."

If not, I'm going to grow incredibly bored.
    Don't steal my style

It's astonishing how many people here seem to have never read much or any Jung though.... that's what makes those bombs quite effective.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Do Blacks copy ESTP black culture? Do white people sometimes even copy it too?

Because it seems very much like they all want to be gangsters, and your archetypal gangster is a black ESTP (or ISTP I guess).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have to wonder why some people actually come into this thread and claim their posts... isn't that kind of like standing in the bottom of a hole with a shovel in hand?

then again, anyone who's "special" enough to say some of the things quoted here and actually believe them can't have that much in the way of [edits self to avoid getting some sort of wrist slap from the high and mighty... fill in something mean and derogatory here] going for them...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ your delusions of grandeur are tiring
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    ad hominem
    ^ at least now i know what one can expect from you

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    This is what I've been trying to explain to someone on another thread for five pages. Yet they insist that the whole world is too stupid to understand their superior intelligence, while failing to see it's them that do a poor job of illustrating their views.

Why didn’t I find this thread before??? It’s PURE GOLD.
    let me guess - you've being hiding on PerC? anyway, while people using the N/S dichotomy to rationalize their "nobody understands me" angst is one of the most common things i've seen, it was actually addressing posts by a specific person here. but i've being trying to play nice - by the thread rules - with no mention of origins. i'm not sure if i agree with that (a bit like talking behind someone's back)... but i guess it avoid derails.