User Tag List

123 Last

Infinite Bubble

Default What function does this sound like?

I do this thing a lot where I'll stare (not at anything in particular) while thinking or something. My mother does this a lot too. In a trance-like state. Visibly zoned out but still subtly aware of my environment. Usually the thinking accompanying it is in terms of small videos and concepts/ideas, rather than actual sentences. I've had people snap their fingers in front of my face because of this. What function could this be? Anyone else do this?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Ni

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Glycerine

I second that.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Intense meditative visualization where you center yourself in the mind is generally in line with Ni.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't think it has to be any function. All INXX's can be described as being "stuck in their heads" at times, or daydreaming; and people tend to do this when they are in this kind of state. I mean, if you're paying attention to your environment you're not focusing on what's in your mind; and if your eyes are open and you're not paying attention, you're staring at nothing in particular.

As far as it could be associated with anything, maybe it's an introvert thing, or an intuitive thing- or an intuitive function paired with introversion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Doesn't really sound like a function thing to me, but I think arguments could be made for some kind of Ni/e function.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Don't try to label your cognitive processes because if you view them as "in conflict" with other cognitive processes then you won't access them simultaneously.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

WALMART

I've thought about it; I'm sure Ni'ers would like to claim it for their own.

I've found it to be signs of Ti, (maybe even its cousin, Fi) from those I've spoken to.

Unless you wanna call it Ti/Ni, then I'm all for it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Though very similar things can happen for all the types, the particular flavor you seem to be talking about is fairly often associated with Ni.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I do this thing a lot where I'll stare (not at anything in particular) while thinking or something.
    I was told that i do this and I have Ne. It's a strong IN thing for sure in my opinion.