• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What function does this sound like?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=5109]Glycerine[/MENTION] do you mean you use Ni an unusually large amount for a non-Ni dom, or that you use it so much, you must be an Ni dom; and/or you already thought of yourself as an Ni dom to begin with - I'm wondering, which is it (your case could be a critical step in discovering Infinite Bubble's type!)?

G

Glycerine

I just meant I use it a lot for a non Ni dom user. I typed myself as an INFJ for like a year and a half though.

Jaguar

My SP and SJ pals/relatives will all be thrilled to know they're actually Ni Doms. Lol.

It would take me quite some time to find people who don't get lost in thought as described in the OP since it's so common. As for myself, people snap their fingers at me all the time when I'm lost in thought. Big deal. What's next -people who eat a brand of oatmeal are using a particular function-attitude? Quaker!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My SP and SJ pals/relatives will all be thrilled to know they're actually Ni Doms. Lol.

It would take me quite some time to find people who don't get lost in thought as described in the OP since it's so common. As for myself, people snap their fingers at me all the time when I'm lost in thought. Big deal. What's next -people who eat a brand of oatmeal are using a particular function-attitude? Quaker!

Yeah, of course we all get lost in thought from time to time, lol. That isn't what we're talking about.

daeames1

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think that it's important to understand that no one function ever completely dominates the personality in its entirety. Our perception is comprised of the amalgamation of the functions not a rapid succession of alternating dominance. The kind of oversimplification that produces ideas such as "In Ni mode" can ultimately devalue the immense complexity of the psyche, in my opinion.

Jaguar

Yeah, of course we all get lost in thought from time to time, lol. That isn't what we're talking about.

I wasn't talking about merely getting lost in thought, either. My comments were in response to exactly what was in the OP which is why I posted:

It would take me quite some time to find people who don't get lost in thought as described in the OP since it's so common.

Here's the OP:

I do this thing a lot where I'll stare (not at anything in particular) while thinking or something. My mother does this a lot too. In a trance-like state. Visibly zoned out but still subtly aware of my environment. Usually the thinking accompanying it is in terms of small videos and concepts/ideas, rather than actual sentences. I've had people snap their fingers in front of my face because of this. What function could this be? Anyone else do this?

There's nothing uncommon there and my original post stands. That you chose to misread my post is your problem. Not mine.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP

I wasn't talking about merely getting lost in thought, either. My comments were in response to exactly what was in the OP which is why I posted:

Here's the OP:

There's nothing uncommon there and my original post stands. That you chose to misread my post is your problem. Not mine.

You are right.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Here's the OP:

It's not that I misread you, it's that I disagree. I don't think the specific state that the OP is describing is very common at all. I think that you are either observing SPs/SJs with odd habits, mistyping them, or aren't discerning enough about the specific state we're talking about (don't bother quoting the OP again, it doesn't capture what's between the lines).

Jaguar

It's not that I misread you, it's that I disagree. I don't think the specific state that the OP is describing is very common at all. I think that you are either observing SPs/SJs with odd habits, mistyping them[...]

The SPs/SJs typed themselves.

If there's anything I've noticed, time and time again, is how many people do not like the truth knocking on the front door of their personal beliefs. And if by chance the truth does come calling, they will do and say anything in order to avoid dealing with it so they can maintain their beliefs. It's the underpinning of the bigoted brain, as I call it. A black person is smart? Oh, no. That's not common. It must be an " odd habit" of theirs, or "they're not really black." A person is born homosexual? Oh, no. That's not possible. It must be an "odd habit" of theirs.

If you have to 'read between the lines' to understand the OP, you're probably not much of a visual thinker who can put yourself into a meditative state at will. The same parts of the brain that allow people to see externally are what allow them to 'see' internally. Many people like myself have the ability to pick a point in space and lock on to it. At that moment, the inner movie is rolling. Working with as many people as I have over the decades, this is nothing new. But it is new, to you.

You have a habit of observing people through a keyhole and believing it's more effective than opening the door and seeing them whole.
Good luck with that.

LunaLuminosity said:
Teacher's pet

Il Morto Che Parla said:
Is he the teacher?

No, I'm not the teacher. She was just being petty.

Il Morto Che Parla said:
I wasn't talking about you, just the points regarding the OP. It's not JCF related.

If Jung were alive and read this forum on a daily basis, he'd probably have a stroke.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If there's anything I've noticed, time and time again, is how many people do not like the truth knocking on the front door of their personal beliefs. And if by chance the truth does come calling, they will do and say anything in order to avoid dealing with it so they can maintain their beliefs. It's the underpinning of the bigoted brain, as I call it. A black person is smart? Oh, no. That's not common. It must be an " odd habit" of theirs, or "they're not really black." A person is born homosexual? Oh, no. That's not possible. It must be an "odd habit" of theirs.

True. Though this isn't a matter of truth vs. personal beliefs. That's just projection on your part.

If you have to 'read between the lines' to understand the OP, you're probably not much of a visual thinker who can put yourself into a meditative state at will. The same parts of the brain that allow people to see externally are what allow them to 'see' internally. Many people like myself have the ability to pick a point in space and lock on to it. At that moment, the inner movie is rolling. Working with as many people as I have over the decades, this is nothing new. But it is new, to you.

You have a habit of observing people through a keyhole and believing it's more effective than opening the door and seeing them whole.
Good luck with that.

As much as I'm missing out, I can assure you that you are too. Fair enough :bye:

No, I'm not the teacher. She was just being petty.

Did you two really take that seriously? I even had the ridiculous emoticon to help, lolz

I

Infinite Bubble

This got stale pretty quickly. Ah well. Whether or not it's a function, it is at least distinct from just thinking. It's particular. I mean, people think all the time. Doesn't mean you see them in that state.

[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] I don't where to start from anymore. I made a thread not too long ago and the outcome was INFJ, but with it uncertainty... INTJ and INTP was also brought up.

Jaguar

That's just projection on your part.

When all else fails, tell the person they're projecting.
You're cute, Luna. Your approach reminds me of a little yorkshire terrier with a pink bow on its head, yippng. Yip. Yip. Yip. ;)