First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Glycerine do you mean you use Ni an unusually large amount for a non-Ni dom, or that you use it so much, you must be an Ni dom; and/or you already thought of yourself as an Ni dom to begin with - I'm wondering, which is it (your case could be a critical step in discovering Infinite Bubble's type!)?

Glycerine

I just meant I use it a lot for a non Ni dom user. I typed myself as an INFJ for like a year and a half though.

My SP and SJ pals/relatives will all be thrilled to know they're actually Ni Doms. Lol.

It would take me quite some time to find people who don't get lost in thought as described in the OP since it's so common. As for myself, people snap their fingers at me all the time when I'm lost in thought. Big deal. What's next -people who eat a brand of oatmeal are using a particular function-attitude? Quaker!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    My SP and SJ pals/relatives will all be thrilled to know they're actually Ni Doms. Lol.

It would take me quite some time to find people who don't get lost in thought as described in the OP since it's so common. As for myself, people snap their fingers at me all the time when I'm lost in thought. Big deal. What's next -people who eat a brand of oatmeal are using a particular function-attitude? Quaker!
    Yeah, of course we all get lost in thought from time to time, lol. That isn't what we're talking about.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think that it's important to understand that no one function ever completely dominates the personality in its entirety. Our perception is comprised of the amalgamation of the functions not a rapid succession of alternating dominance. The kind of oversimplification that produces ideas such as "In Ni mode" can ultimately devalue the immense complexity of the psyche, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Yeah, of course we all get lost in thought from time to time, lol. That isn't what we're talking about.
    I wasn't talking about merely getting lost in thought, either. My comments were in response to exactly what was in the OP which is why I posted:

It would take me quite some time to find people who don't get lost in thought as described in the OP since it's so common.
    Here's the OP:

I do this thing a lot where I'll stare (not at anything in particular) while thinking or something. My mother does this a lot too. In a trance-like state. Visibly zoned out but still subtly aware of my environment. Usually the thinking accompanying it is in terms of small videos and concepts/ideas, rather than actual sentences. I've had people snap their fingers in front of my face because of this. What function could this be? Anyone else do this?
    There's nothing uncommon there and my original post stands. That you chose to misread my post is your problem. Not mine.

MBTI
    xxTP

I wasn't talking about merely getting lost in thought, either. My comments were in response to exactly what was in the OP which is why I posted:

Here's the OP:

There's nothing uncommon there and my original post stands. That you chose to misread my post is your problem. Not mine.
    You are right.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Here's the OP:

It's not that I misread you, it's that I disagree. I don't think the specific state that the OP is describing is very common at all. I think that you are either observing SPs/SJs with odd habits, mistyping them, or aren't discerning enough about the specific state we're talking about (don't bother quoting the OP again, it doesn't capture what's between the lines).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    You are right.
    Teacher's pet

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Teacher's pet
    Is he the teacher?

I wasn't talking about you, just the points regarding the OP. It's not JCF related.

I would say more ridiculing the notion, but it's already been said