• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do similar types have similar shaped heads?

Phil P

MBTI Type
INTP
After my experience people watching, I have found that you can sometimes predict what a person's personality is like based upon their facial structure and the shape of their head. Has anyone else noticed this?

Do you think this has anything to do with MBTI types? Do similar types have similar shaped heads?

trancemode

Enneagram
5w4
After my experience people watching, I have found that you can sometimes predict what a person's personality is like based upon their facial structure and the shape of their head. Has anyone else noticed this?

Do you think this has anything to do with MBTI types? Do similar types have similar shaped heads?

I don't know if you seriously believe this, but, in any case, it reminds me of phrenology. Also, the visual identifaction typing method used by some socionics geeks, who have no doubt that they can always or nearly always accurately gauge a person’s type by their looks/expression. I browsed one of their photo gallerys of celebrity types once, and was not very impressed. I thought a fair number of the typings were way off the mark, and would expect similar inaccuracy from any method of visual i.d. for mbti types.

W

WALMART

I prefer to use my nose to sniff out their type.

ENTP's can be smelly, to say the least.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
please tell me that you're joking... :doh:

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Heads no, but there are some similarities in mannerisms and facial expressions in people of same type. There is something called visual identification in socionics that looks into this topic, of how appearance is connected to type.

I

Infinite Bubble

Like already said facial expressions etc will be fairly similar, eyes in particular are said to convey what perceiving functions are being used. Why would heads be an indicator? That's obviously genetic.

Phil P

MBTI Type
INTP
First of all, I have 17 psychiatrists at my call for when I need them. No, but really I don't think that this is that far fetched. While I am not really able to tell MBTI type based on a person's head, I have noticed that people with certain facial structures and head shapes seem to be more quiet or more of a thinker or more of a feeler.

I can't remember where I read this, but they did a study once to see if a certain eye color was perceived to be more trustworthy. What turned out was that people voted one of the people as more trustworthy than the others, but it didn't matter which eye color he had. People voted him more trustworthy based upon his facial structure.

Now what would MBTI have to do with head shape? Perhaps certain areas of the brain are more used by certain types, which could correlate to the brain being larger in those areas, hence different shapes of heads.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I have yet to meet ANYONE, much less uh INTP, with a head as round and spherical as mine. :(

Phil P

MBTI Type
INTP
I have yet to meet ANYONE, much less uh INTP, with a head as round and spherical as mine. :(
Perhaps you are a well balanced person as your brain has grown equally in every direction. :shrug:
Ever think about that?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmmm... according to the doctors when I was born, my skull is perfectly shaped... maybe this means that I'm perfect... I'll go with that :cool:

of course, soon after that I smacked the doctor in the face with his stethoscope, so take whatever you wish to from THAT part :devil:

G

garbage

I can't remember where I read this, but they did a study once to see if a certain eye color was perceived to be more trustworthy. What turned out was that people voted one of the people as more trustworthy than the others, but it didn't matter which eye color he had. People voted him more trustworthy based upon his facial structure.

Yup, it's babyfaced people who are regarded as trustworthy, and brown eyes only very subtly hint at babyfaciness.

(Babyfaciness is now a word.)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If we could show some significant head shape variance between twins of very different types, maybe we could start somewhere.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm pretty sure that there's a slight correlation between personality and body type. I do remember seeing something on a Socionics website in which a psychologist had taken pictures of patients and categorized them by type, but I can't remember how significant the resemblance was. definitely not very significant or I would have remembered

are you referring to something more along the lines of phrenology, or are you talking specifically about face shape?

phrenology has been pretty much debunked. the brain is way too complex for there to be such easily identifiable indicators of "personality" on the skull.

I doubt there's a link between facial structure and personality...I know only basic genetics, but it doesn't seem likely that those two things could be linked to the same gene