User Tag List

First 123 Last

Infinite Bubble

Like already said facial expressions etc will be fairly similar, eyes in particular are said to convey what perceiving functions are being used. Why would heads be an indicator? That's obviously genetic.

MBTI
    INTP

First of all, I have 17 psychiatrists at my call for when I need them. No, but really I don't think that this is that far fetched. While I am not really able to tell MBTI type based on a person's head, I have noticed that people with certain facial structures and head shapes seem to be more quiet or more of a thinker or more of a feeler.

I can't remember where I read this, but they did a study once to see if a certain eye color was perceived to be more trustworthy. What turned out was that people voted one of the people as more trustworthy than the others, but it didn't matter which eye color he had. People voted him more trustworthy based upon his facial structure.

Now what would MBTI have to do with head shape? Perhaps certain areas of the brain are more used by certain types, which could correlate to the brain being larger in those areas, hence different shapes of heads.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I have yet to meet ANYONE, much less uh INTP, with a head as round and spherical as mine.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    I have yet to meet ANYONE, much less uh INTP, with a head as round and spherical as mine.
    Perhaps you are a well balanced person as your brain has grown equally in every direction.
    Ever think about that?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
    Perhaps you are a well balanced person as your brain has grown equally in every direction.
    Ever think about that?
    NO.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

hmmm... according to the doctors when I was born, my skull is perfectly shaped... maybe this means that I'm perfect... I'll go with that

of course, soon after that I smacked the doctor in the face with his stethoscope, so take whatever you wish to from THAT part
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

No

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
    I can't remember where I read this, but they did a study once to see if a certain eye color was perceived to be more trustworthy. What turned out was that people voted one of the people as more trustworthy than the others, but it didn't matter which eye color he had. People voted him more trustworthy based upon his facial structure.
    Yup, it's babyfaced people who are regarded as trustworthy, and brown eyes only very subtly hint at babyfaciness.

(Babyfaciness is now a word.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

If we could show some significant head shape variance between twins of very different types, maybe we could start somewhere.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

I'm pretty sure that there's a slight correlation between personality and body type. I do remember seeing something on a Socionics website in which a psychologist had taken pictures of patients and categorized them by type, but I can't remember how significant the resemblance was. definitely not very significant or I would have remembered

are you referring to something more along the lines of phrenology, or are you talking specifically about face shape?

phrenology has been pretty much debunked. the brain is way too complex for there to be such easily identifiable indicators of "personality" on the skull.

I doubt there's a link between facial structure and personality...I know only basic genetics, but it doesn't seem likely that those two things could be linked to the same gene