• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The soulmate equation

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is retarded. Why do I even come to this site anymore? Can you figure out the equation to that?

a boring life plus a psychology forum = .. Psychology forum addiction =)

Well, there's e.g. this

and this:

What do I think personally? Well,

thats nonsense rambling, ever spent time with an isfp? Only an estj would have all the weird items they constantly ask if you have, like i would sacrifice my personal hygiene if i had.

You could solve this problem ISTP style and go out and rob a bank and get caught whilst in possession of drugs. Then you can play an exciting game of "dodge the prison shower daddy" twice a day for several years! What fun! Truly an exciting decade you could enjoy if you make the right decisions.

As for the topic creator:

Did you create this before or after you consumed the mushrooms? It quite clearly is far too simplistic an equation, taking no heed to the fooking huge number of variables that exist in attraction. If the equation was as simplistic as you claim, then surely you would have an enormous number of soul mates that exist. There is no guarantee you will even like a person who fits that criteria.

a person who fits my criteria will act exactly the way i want my perfect other to act, and has exactly the mental resources and similar goal to life as i with an approach which happens to complete mine, and ill love anyone whom i find useful to myself, so then it would equate id love one like this a plenty.
Whenever i meet people who are close to it, i love the parts which are but then they never have quite had it all.

I get what you are saying, and I'd agree with it
about halfway.

The MBTI part, I'd say that works for the Perception-Doms, but for the Judging-Doms it would instead be AAAA+BBAB.

.....and the thought on gender might hold if you are talking more like Gender-Stereotype, but with a broader concept of gender it doesn't quite hold up.

its about the libido, females also biologically have _higher_ self communication abilities than males, leaveng males feeling too dry for me.

You should start a dating site.

yeah, except people with Nx + Fx types arent good at self typing..

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
those roles i presented are soul level in depth, not charasteristics.

Can you explain what "soul level" is? That is not a self-obvious term, so it's not clear what you mean.

And this equation isnt entirely based on heart, but also mind analyzing what accounts for most satisfying results, like the same gender dismissing, its not something you notice easily, but it definately ruins it long term wise.

Satisfying results for whom? You?

Aka why ive dismissed same gender long term options for myself, even if everything else was on spot, that one soul level flaw would be haunting in the back of my mind for eternity.

This isn't making sense either. What is the soul level flaw you're referring to? You dismissed a same-sex relationship for yourself, okay, so I get that much.

ts something ive been pondering. Why do people go for those relationships?

What relationships? Failed relationships? Those relationships haven't failed yet, so obviously they think the relationship can meet their needs and learn later it won't. So in the short-term or on the surface, it's obvious that the relationship meets a need in them... even if that need ends up being false or less important than another deeper need.

.Maybe those who pick these relationships just never even knew what could be so they take the short straws.

They take what seems best to them at the time. That is what we ALL do, as none of us know if what we current think is right is actually wrong and we're just ignorant of what is better.

G

garbage

thats nonsense rambling, ever spent time with an isfp?
I dated one. I realized that it wasn't my cup of tea.

I'm but one data point, but I seriously doubt that the overall stats hold up.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION]

"Can you explain what "soul level" is? That is not a self-obvious term, so it's not clear what you mean."

As in physical brain difference. And thus dictating your very "soul".

"Satisfying results for whom? You?"

For everyone, my intent is to have no bias so i can see clearly what truly is the most satisfying rather than chasing illusions like majority of us mortals.

"This isn't making sense either. What is the soul level flaw you're referring to? You dismissed a same-sex relationship for yourself, okay, so I get that much."

Same gender relationship appeal is entirely in imagination, theres nothing that makes it different for any better, except, theres difference which makes it worse for everyone. And this is a truth of our specie. And to be clear, i do find the idea fascinating, only im dissatisfied with reality not living up to the imagination.

Say, when males reach 8 weeks in their mothers womb, nature makes us mentally handicapped and thats the male female brain level difference im talking of. Its designed so each compensates the other, thus our nature isnt allowed to function properly if we mate with same gender.

"What relationships? Failed relationships? Those relationships haven't failed yet, so obviously they think the relationship can meet their needs and learn later it won't. So in the short-term or on the surface, it's obvious that the relationship meets a need in them... even if that need ends up being false or less important than another deeper need."

just cause people think its a good idea doesnt make it one. One example: AAAA + ABBA relationships are favoured by many, but as i observe this sexual relationship represent more like friendship than real mates, and these always fail in the end cause they werent made for each other.

"They take what seems best to them at the time. That is what we ALL do, as none of us know if what we current think is right is actually wrong and we're just ignorant of what is better."

or you could study and become aware like me. Ive had enough mistakes due ignorance, ill accept no more of that.

You know, thats the fascinating thing about life, its possible to learn from the failings of _others_ too. You have only one life, and i suggest to not spend it failing.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
thats right, you read the title right, i think ive figured it out.

Considering if youve typed yourself all correctly, then i predict your soulmate is..

Mbti: AAAA + BABB
instincts: Xy Zy + Wy Xy or Zy Wy depending which feels more appealing.
Enneagram: XwY + YwX
gender: male + female (females are more attuned to minds integration and feelings no matter type while males tend to have disintegrated minds, thus disconnected from feelings, this creates the roles of females helping males in this section while same gender males would find the other not helpful in this way and females the other as not needing their special help, so yeah im saying theres psychological blockage for same gender relationships ever feeling fulfilling, sadly.)

thats my results after analyzing by both my mind and scanning each options for what attributes ive found the closest to my heart, then just combining them together for the virtual representation of perfect fit.

I would also like to mention that same mbti type relationships can be fulfilling, but there will always be that lingering thought nagging you its not quite perfect.

Well.. These are my results for dwelling into the realm of psychology, anyone has anything to say?
I would also say there are six types of cultures, each dominated by their respectable instinct, but thats kinda off topic and for fine tuning your life into culture of your instinct. Ahh, isnt it nice how psychology helps in finding a more fulfilling path to live your life with? hHhmniyh!

Are you sure that you are an INFJ, because your posts seem INTP as hell?

KDude

So you also agree that his posts seem Ti dom as hell?

Ti and Ne specifically. Se wouldn't abstract people into models or come to conclusions with thought experiments. Se experiences (and often experiences things anew).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ti and Ne specifically. Se wouldn't abstract people into models or come to conclusions with thought experiments. Se experiences (and often experiences things anew).

Not even one with good tertiary Ni?

KDude

Not even one with good tertiary Ni?

Ni helps me see where shit is going to hit the fan, sometimes.. but it's something I wish to shut out personally, more often than not. It's difficult to trust, except when it's overwhelming.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for your response and investing a little time to clarify your ideas.

Can you explain what "soul level" is? That is not a self-obvious term, so it's not clear what you mean.

As in physical brain difference. And thus dictating your very "soul".

Well, for my input: I would personally avoid the word "soul." If you are talking about "brain," then use the word "brain." Most people define "soul" differently (in the spiritual sense), and there is no quantifiable definition of the word "soul."

Say "physical brain differences." It clarifies what you mean.

"Satisfying results for whom? You?"

For everyone, my intent is to have no bias so i can see clearly what truly is the most satisfying rather than chasing illusions like majority of us mortals.

I try to not have bias either, from a very early age. Unfortunately, we are all biased; and basing a theory solely on our own experience without accepting varied feedback from others leaves us more biased than not.

"This isn't making sense either. What is the soul level flaw you're referring to? You dismissed a same-sex relationship for yourself, okay, so I get that much."

Same gender relationship appeal is entirely in imagination, theres nothing that makes it different for any better, except, theres difference which makes it worse for everyone. And this is a truth of our specie. And to be clear, i do find the idea fascinating, only im dissatisfied with reality not living up to the imagination.

Why do you think the reality does not live up to the imagination? There are many many people involved in long-term same-sex relationships, who found other-sex relationships MISERABLE, and the same-sex relationship in practice (not theory) is actually very fulfilling. Are you suggesting that your limited experience (compared to the copious number of same-sex relationships out there) somehow trumps their positive experiences?

To me, that is the definition of "bias." You are not required to enjoy a same-sex union or benefit from it, you must do what is best for yourself; but you can't simply write off people who have a different experience than you have had.

Say, when males reach 8 weeks in their mothers womb, nature makes us mentally handicapped and thats the male female brain level difference im talking of. Its designed so each compensates the other, thus our nature isnt allowed to function properly if we mate with same gender.

There is differentiation that occurs in utero around 6-8 weeks (based on hormone production being triggered), yes, and it impacts brain development, but it is not a binary wash. IOW, the outcome is not 100% male extreme / 100% female extreme. Among individuals, the hormones differ in quantity, length of effect, individual response to the hormones, etc. So what you get is hopefully a baby that appears male or female and can reproduce adequately, but aside from that very very broad binary, you get lots of variations / spectrum of gender impact across the population.

Which means that while some women might be able to bear children just fine, they might in personality be more "masculine" than some males who can produce sperm and impregnate women. And vice versa.

So it is far more complicated than you realize, and there are far more "valid" combinations that can work for people regardless of where their personalities can fall across the gendered spectrum.

In addition, the hormonal wash occuring during a particular window of time can influence a baby's orientation later in life. Glad you brought up the "hormone" thing; it's not "just a choice."

Finally, in any relationship, as you suggest, I think people try to couple with someone who brings any missing qualities to the relationship. However, I don't think blatant physical gender delineates those collections of qualities. Husbands and wives in an other-sexed union can contribute both masculine and feminine qualities to the overall relationship -- the husband for example, might be more nurturing, and the wife might be more assertive and take charge. It's all based on their personalities. The same thing occurs in same-sex unions -- partners can contribute both masculine and feminine qualities they possess, to the union, to make it stronger.

You're just looking at genitalia, not at people. I think the purpose you describe can be fulfilled just fine regardless of gender, depending on the individual personalities of the people involved.

"What relationships? Failed relationships? Those relationships haven't failed yet, so obviously they think the relationship can meet their needs and learn later it won't. So in the short-term or on the surface, it's obvious that the relationship meets a need in them... even if that need ends up being false or less important than another deeper need."

just cause people think its a good idea doesnt make it one. One example: AAAA + ABBA relationships are favoured by many, but as i observe this sexual relationship represent more like friendship than real mates, and these always fail in the end cause they werent made for each other.

Lol. Did you really just say, "They tell me they are happy, but I don't think they should be because it doesn't make sense to me, so they musn't be"?

"They take what seems best to them at the time. That is what we ALL do, as none of us know if what we current think is right is actually wrong and we're just ignorant of what is better."

or you could study and become aware like me.

Lol. Did you really just say, "The fact that you disagree with me means you're wrong. I hope you one day come around and learn what I know and become as enlightened as I am"?

Ive had enough mistakes due ignorance, ill accept no more of that.

It's great to set goals for yourself. You can do it! I'll cheer you on.

You know, thats the fascinating thing about life, its possible to learn from the failings of _others_ too. You have only one life, and i suggest to not spend it failing.

Sure. I'll still be here when you're ready to move forward.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ni helps me see where shit is going to hit the fan, sometimes.. but it's something I wish to shut out personally, more often than not. It's difficult to trust, except when it's overwhelming.

So basically you would prefer to experience things, but Ni allows you to see the consequences of your actions more easily? So Ni would almost be like pointing a laser at a mirror and the laser just bounces back at you?

KDude

So basically you would prefer to experience things, but Ni allows you to see the consequences of your actions more easily? So Ni would almost be like pointing a laser at a mirror and the laser just bounces back at you?

I don't get the analogy, but yeah, it's about consequences. Seeing consequences works in tandem with Se, not as much in isolation. In one sense, Ni can be isolated when I start building a pessimistic picture of the world and my place in it, resentment towards the various structures and bullshit in society that I see are keeping me (and sometimes others) "down". That's my "intuitive" big picture. Maybe that's a Ti-Ni loop. It's not a "productive" intuition. I don't come up with any creative solutions other than wanting to destroy things. Sometimes I think the "new" can only come about in the aftermath of disaster (don't mind me though.. I'm not going to act on it ;) I try to knock myself back into Se and enjoy life for what it is).

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
once again, there's A LOT of factors that go into making a relationship successful, and a good number of them are bigger deal breakers to most people in the long run than any "personality type formula"- for a few examples, attitude on money, desire for children, closeness to family, sense of humor, past experiences
^Truth. I think personality type does have an effect on relationships, but to be honest, it's equally if not more important what kind of background, state of mind, lifestyle, goals/dreams, past experiences, a person has.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't get the analogy, but yeah, it's about consequences. Seeing consequences works in tandem with Se, not as much in isolation. In one sense, Ni can be isolated when I start building a pessimistic picture of the world and my place in it, resentment towards the various structures and bullshit in society that I see are keeping me (and sometimes others) "down". That's my "intuitive" big picture. Maybe that's a Ti-Ni loop. It's not a "productive" intuition. I don't come up with any creative solutions other than wanting to destroy things. Sometimes I think the "new" can only come about in the aftermath of disaster (don't mind me though.. I'm not going to act on it ;) I try to knock myself back into Se and enjoy life for what it is).

No, you seem like you use Se way too well to be in a loop.

KDude

No, you seem like you use Se way too well to be in a loop.

Yeah, I'm just saying I have these moments. Like I said, I think Se enables me to experience things anew. I don't need these far reaching conclusions to find renewal. Dwelling on this kind of "intuition" rarely leads me anywhere good.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yeah, I'm just saying I have these moments. Like I said, I think Se enables me to experience things anew. I don't need these far reaching conclusions to find renewal. Dwelling on this kind of "intuition" rarely leads me anywhere good.

Hmm....I can't relate at all.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Such a Ti dom question :).

Can't explain what it is but you know it when you see it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Such a Ti dom question :).

Can't explain what it is but you know it when you see it.

I can guess or assume, sure; but the entire line of reasoning was so vague while assuming itself to all be self-evident that i feel the need to force a clarification.