User Tag List

12 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Default How to differentiate the four TP types?

Discuss and explain the differences and common points between theses 4 types.

IMO

ISTP: carver, steadfast, empirical
    ESTP: materialistic, active, epicurian
    INTP: metaphysician, visionnary, ascetic
    ENTP: speculator, explorer, entrepreneur

I can relate on every of theses adjectives, and relate on the descriptions of each of theses types, so I don't really know where I fit.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If I had to guess, I'd go with your current self-typing of ESTP>

And what do you exactly mean by "carver" for ISTP? Carving tools for example? Or something else entirely?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP

Figuring out if you are an S or N is more important to home in on the right personality than is the E or I.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INTP: metaphysician, visionnary, ascetic
    I don't see you as that; well, I guess it's possible, since you understand philosopher's and their theories well enough to type them pretty accurately, but overall, you seem a bit more 'explorative' and 'active', so try to choose between the 2 ETPs rather than the 4 TPs.

My vote though goes to your own initial inclination, ESTP (if you can type famous figures with such precision, you probably know your own type too).

Steadfast seems more like STJ to me. I don't see any percievers stand out that way. I think both ITPs are steadfast "defensively" maybe. But I'm not steadfast in the offensive sense. I'll change course or suddenly see where things fail, ahead of time. I think it's dumb to push through things out of determination, or just because I started it. I may even extend the steadfast thing to ISFJs. They would be steadfast in relationships, while I would not. For example, I would break a relationship as long as it's present conditons (Se) worked. ISFJ would hold on longer or try to fix a dysfunctional situation. I've quit jobs with the sudden (Ni?) realization of seeing all the undesirable ways my life would develop if I stayed. I've stopped midway in fights, and picked the opponent up, realizing we'd kill each other or he isn't really that bad.

Anyways..Probably not relevant. You seem more intuitive to me.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    And what do you exactly mean by "carver" for ISTP? Carving tools for example? Or something else entirely?
    Both. It means being very concerned with detail, and be persistent at scupting thing with thoroughness and preciseness until get the wished wanted result.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Steadfast seems more like STJ to me. I don't see any percievers stand out that way. I think both ITPs are steadfast "defensively" maybe. But I'm not steadfast in the offensive sense. I'll change course or suddenly see where things fail, ahead of time. I think it's dumb to push through things out of determination, or just because I started it. I may even extend the steadfast thing to ISFJs. They would be steadfast in relationships, while I would not. For example, I would break a relationship as long as it's present conditons (Se) worked. ISFJ would hold on longer or try to fix a dysfunctional situation. I've quit jobs with the sudden (Ni?) realization of seeing all the undesirable ways my life would develop if I stayed. I've stopped midway in fights, and picked the opponent up, realizing we'd kill each other or he isn't really that bad.
    "Tenacious" or "persisitent" perhaps are words which fits better to ISTPs. And more than for the other TP types, who are more volatile and scattered.

You seem more intuitive to me.
    Why?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Both. It means being very concerned with detail, and be persistent at scupting thing with thoroughness and preciseness until get the wished wanted result.
    Sounds boring.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Sounds boring.
    I know. But it's something that we can frequently see with ISTPs, like Stanley Kubrick or Steve Jobs for example.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I know. But it's something that we can frequently see with ISTPs, like Stanley Kubrick or Steve Jobs for example.
    I can't say I know about either one to comment much. I'll just take it into the abstract. There's more adaptability and "volatility" in Beren's description, for example.

Chart the Course: Analyzer Operator

Actively solving problems. Observing how things work. Talent for using tools for the best approach. Need to be independent. Act on their hunches or intuitions. Understanding a situation. Taking things apart. Making discoveries. Sharing those discoveries. Unsettled by powerful emotional experiences.

Inside I am continually reworking an issue. I am constantly open to new directions, always tweaking and bringing in new information. I solve a problem by looking at all the angles, probably whatever side I need to. There is an answer, and I just need to get to the best way to figure it out-to meet my objectives and give it to people how it is without annoying anyone.