User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The TPs are an interesting temperament, I have two TP teachers, a ISTP and ENTP(for refrigeration technology), I'm like right in between those two.

The ISTP has more in depth knowledge about the various refrigeration and furnace systems, he is more chill and laid-back while the ENTP is more broader and all over the place, humorous and entertaining, frequently goes into tangents but can be kind of preachy and impatient compared to the ISTP.

I call the TPs the tacticians, I think TPs are typically nonchalant and cavalier in demeanor, sometimes can be rebellious, can be insensitive but are generally harder to offend than other types(especially compared to the NFPs).
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Riva

Directive (stp) and informative (ntp) is the easiest way to distinguish between the 4 types. So it's not a surprise stps tend to be enn 8s or w8s (8w7s, 7w8s, 9w8s) more than ntps tend to be. On an offtopic note; the above is probably the reason stp 7w6s and 6w7s usually get typed as esfps. Ron weasely (6w7) from harry potter series and risby (7w6) from the mentalist are good examples for stps who get typed as esfps due to not being w8s or e8s people stereotype them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Directive (stp) and informative (ntp) is the easiest way to distinguish between the 4 types. So it's not a surprise stps tend to be enn 8s or w8s (8w7s, 7w8s, 9w8s) more than ntps tend to be. On an offtopic note; the above is probably the reason stp 7w6s and 6w7s usually get typed as esfps. Ron weasely (6w7) from harry potter series and risby (7w6) from the mentalist are good examples for stps who get typed as esfps due to not being w8s or e8s people stereotype them to be.
    I don't understand why any typical introvert would have enough investment in outside interests to be a 8. Unless it was hoisted on them (due to a job maybe). Not that I doubt it. I just don't understand why they'd need to prove themselves so much. It's funny that you don't mention 6w5s. Almost all of the ISTPs at this site are 6w5 (marked more by instinctual differences).

e-Pness contest.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't understand why any typical introvert would have enough investment in outside interests to be a 8. Unless it was hoisted on them (due to a job maybe). Not that I doubt it. I just don't understand why they'd need to prove themselves so much. It's funny that you don't mention 6w5s. Almost all of the ISTPs at this site are 6w5 (marked more by instinctual differences).
    I really didn't know that e8s have anything to do with being interested in the 'outside'. Also I can't use the advance search on member search list to find out whether your claims about 6w5 is true since i'm using my phone right now. 6w5s give a bit of a paranoid bossy in-your-face vibe from what I have noticed, which in a way - for an untrained eye - appear e8ish. So maybe the e8s and w8s I notice so often are 6w5s. Hmm.. We both forgot to mention e5s for istps. Are they not the most common for istps? Infact 5w4s would make more sense than 6w5s for istps' general attitude towards life.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I really didn't know that e8s have anything to do with being interested in the 'outside'.
    They don't. That's just one of the KDude's misconceptions about this model.

And yes, most ISTPs here type them as 6w5 or 5w6, or 9w8.. No one is on the assertive triad. That's in part why I have so mucj hard time to identify myself as an ISTP: I have nothing in common with theses folks, I hope I'm not that boring.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    They don't. That's just one of the KDude's misconceptions about this model.

And yes, most ISTPs here type them as 6w5 or 5w6, or 9w8.. No one is on the assertive triad. That's in part why I have so mucj hard time to identify myself as an ISTP: I have nothing in common with theses folks, I hope I'm not that boring.
    lol, because of some model and enneagram type, a person is categorized as "non-assertive"? If you're an an ESTP, you wouldn't fixate on models, but on specific situations. They would assess people tactically, not strategically.

I'm not going to be put on the defensive and give my life story of "assertive" moments, but if you ever want to get to know someone, just ask. Don't put me into some box of "celebrities" you grabbed from pop culture, and then associate me with whatever model they signify to you. You think I'm 9w8 for some reason (I'm a counterphobic 6 btw), and then project some image of me being "Slash" from Guns n Roses. Or whatever it is. You do this often. Come back down to earth. Talk to people instead. If you were so assertive, you wouldn't take such a remote, model based approach to the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Without going into an entire dissertation..... there's a huge difference between ESTPs and ENTPs, and while INTPs and ISTPs are rather similar, ISTPs have more of a down-to-earth to-the-point flavor.

ENTPs are dominant Ne is which can look in-the-moment, but is also the ultimate downplay of reality. We often operate in a realm where evidence is irrelevant, all sorts of little intuitions take precedence, a lot of which are the type that an ESTP would dismiss as crazy.

ESTPs are dom Se, which is more of a true flow with and trusting of what experience shows every moment, intuition feels more like something that happens to them, and this detachment makes them more critical about it, or sometimes more fanatical about it. ENTPs may see their swift surface level interactions and evaluations of the world to be lacking and deeply flawed.

Oh, I forgot to distinguish IxTP from ExTP. Well, IxTPs are inferior Fe, which often shows up in a classic introverted way, which comes with projections/complaints such as "why do people have to be so superficial?" and "the world is all just unenlightened sheeple forever chased by dogs."