User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    Intj

Best thing to say, is with anybody, if you truly want to convince them otherwise you always have to approach them on their level, figure out what makes them tick in that area and why, then proceed with them in mind as you go. You'll find that people will respond better to this and at the same time, they may come back to you later on, because you can use emotions and reasoning to make valid points.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Geology doesn't exist, thermodynamics doesn't exist, astronomy doesn't exist.

More contextually accurate: economics doesn't exist, political science doesn't exist, paleontology doesn't exist, and on, and on, and on.
    Forgot marm

thinking of you

Quote Originally Posted by Zyelhsak View Post
    Best thing to say, is with anybody, if you truly want to convince them otherwise you always have to approach them on their level, figure out what makes them tick in that area and why, then proceed with them in mind as you go. You'll find that people will respond better to this and at the same time, they may come back to you later on, because you can use emotions and reasoning to make valid points.
    Or, if we are comfortable in our own skin, we tend to make others comfortable too.

MBTI
    Intj

Not even close. You can be comfortable being a dickhead, which gets you absolutely nowhere with anybody else, not even your own type.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    This doesn't answer your question directly, but I wouldn't put too much stock in Pod'lair.
    That's how it always starts: The young promising student of the Force, who eventually succumbs to his own pride and fancifulness and madness, eventually destroying himself and being cast out from the herd. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    If typec was a movie than that Dario Nardi guy would play all kinds of minor roles so you'd see him as like a bartender and then he'd show up as the mail man, and then you'd see him walking around in the shadows in the background.
    Kinda like that episode of STTNG where Data plays all the supporting characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, astrology, mbti, homeopathy, and the rest of the New Age, are as harmless a solution as a solution of Kool-Aid.
    It's not the Kool-aid that kills you, it's what gets stirred into the mix.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

It's an older post I know.
    Scientific proof? Can it be repeated by unrelated practitioners?
    YES

The MBTI was always intended to make personality type available (to the masses) and to validate Jung's theory of psychological types (MBTI manual p21)
    The MBTI is based on Jung's observation; ultimately every MBTI label should reflect the underlying cognitive functions being used by the client.
    These Cognitive functions are verifiable independently of any indicator; in fact with far greater accuracy than any indicator.

So, in summary - Is it possible to scientific prove cognitive functions and thus the corresponding MBTI type?
    YES.
    And shortly I'll provide links to the section on our site where you will be able to test your skill and see how others do it.

Quote Originally Posted by InterPersonality View Post
    It's an older post I know.
    Scientific proof? Can it be repeated by unrelated practitioners?
    YES

The MBTI was always intended to make personality type available (to the masses) and to validate Jung's theory of psychological types (MBTI manual p21)
    The MBTI is based on Jung's observation; ultimately every MBTI label should reflect the underlying cognitive functions being used by the client.
    These Cognitive functions are verifiable independently of any indicator; in fact with far greater accuracy than any indicator.
    Please, Carl Jung who wrote Psychological Types said himself that his book Psychological Types is based on no empirical evidence.

So Psychological Types is not a scientific work but a work of faith.

So I can't prove my dog is infp, I have faith that my dog is infp. And you can't prove my dog isn't infp, you have faith my dog isn't infp.

So without evidence we can believe what we want, just as we do in the myriad religions. And hey, it's just fun, isn't it?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Please, Carl Jung who wrote Psychological Types said himself that his book Psychological Types is based on no empirical evidence.

So Psychological Types is not a scientific work but a work of faith.
    This is a very weak view of science. Science requires theory, testing and going back to theory repeatedly. Science is everywhere, all around us and all throughout nature. Evolution is science. This conversation is science (assuming you are actually paying attention and have an open mind). Jung did this iterative process every day with his patients for his entire career. He essentially did a PCA with his mind - he asked the question, what is the simplest theory that I can come up with that can explain the greatest amount of variance in my patients' behavior? He was dedicated to the task, and a smart man, and he used science. It is no surprise that his theory has withstood the test of time. Competing theories, such as astrology, do not actually try to explain variance in people's behavior through iterative hypothesis testing - they instead rely on the placebo effect.

Quote Originally Posted by InterPersonality View Post
    And shortly I'll provide links to the section on our site where you will be able to test your skill and see how others do it.
    I'm sure it will be as original as bottled water.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Not too long ago, someone saw one of my youtube videos and tried to tell me that I was a dumbass and that mbti nor jungian functions existed. They have actually done this with several people that have posted mbti videos and they try to debunk their theories. However, their theory is based on a set of four cognitive functions that go completely contradictory to any modern theory of how the brain works. Here is the video and you will see just how ridiculous his theory is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTTCj...eature=mh_lolz

I pretty much have observed the patterns in my head and know that mbti and cognitive functions exist. However, my problem is that I have Ne, which picks up the psychological patterns naturally and just intuitively understands them, but yet I can't just show people what I pick up with my intuition so it makes it hard to convey to others what I see. Then, I have Ti which is a very internally based logic and it is hard to explain to people what makes logical sense to me as well. I have tried and tried to convince these people that mbti is real, and their theory is shit but I can't find any concrete scientific evidence on mbti or functions. Can anyone show me some scientifically credible evidence?
    This statement of sounding illogical to others resonated with me. I can understand something in my head, but still not be able to explain it to average people. I think part of it comes from still debating myself on issues, even as I attempt to debate others. (I think Tertiary Fe runs strong in me, though… a lot of times if the other person responds to my question too harshly, I have trouble continuing.)
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan