User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    did you actually read what i said? i said MBTI has been tested using large samples of people (ie statistically). it's not up for discussion, it's a fact.
    In what scientific peer review journal have the methodology and results of these tests been published?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    In what scientific peer review journal have the methodology and results of these tests been published?
    There's this one, a metastudy (looking at many articles testing its reliability) of sorts from Educational and Psychological Measurement.

Its conclusion?

A resounding ... ...

"Eh."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...1%2C5&as_sdtp=

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Ah yes. Thank you for doing such painstaking research and finding exactly what he was looking for.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Scientific proof doesn't exist because they aren't really in the realm of science. It's more a categorizing/labeling system which is basically arbitrary but self-consistent enough to be useful in describing human interaction. More like a language than a scientific explanation. Science is a very specific method for understanding more concrete, observable, quantifiable, falsifiable things. Typology is a descriptive model which can be used to predict human interaction - some observation has been used to form the models, but that doesn't make it scientific.
    This.

And btw this is also my argument for astrology.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Ah yes. Thank you for doing such painstaking research and finding exactly what he was looking for.
    yah. maybe i have something to do with my life ie. a job. you have fun searching the internet all day for something completely irrelevant.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

There is so much more to humans than is codified by four letter...

garbage

yah. maybe i have something to do with my life ie. a job. you have fun searching the internet all day for something completely irrelevant.
    I took an additional half-second out of my terribly busy life to add the word "reliability" to that search.
    http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=...n&as_sdt=0%2C5

For:
    The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) was submitted to a descriptive reliability generalization (RG) analysis to characterize the variability of measurement error in MBTI scores across administrations. In general, the MBTI and its scales yielded scores with strong internal consistency and test-retest reliability estimates, although variation was observed.
    (though that article is a meta-analysis and so possibly worth a good deal.)

Against:
    The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) has achieved widespread use in organizational settings, despite the fact that research on its dimensionality has been scarce and that some studies have questioned the validity of its four-factor scoring system.
    The reliability data of the MBTI bring into question the stability of the test. How is it possible that there can be a change in personality, across a short interval, when such a change should not occur? The reliability data also bring into question whether there are meaningful differences across the preference categories.
    As the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator becomes increasingly popular as a management and training tool, criticisms of its reliability, validity, and effectiveness have arisen
    Edwards et al. (2002) also detail a series of studies indicating that the MBTI's reliability scores increase when the instrument uses scaled response rather than dichotomous or categorisation scoring
    Last edited by garbage; 02-01-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: whoops, duplicate

I can find no publication in a scientific peer reviewed journal of data, results and methodology.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    There's this one, a metastudy (looking at many articles testing its reliability) of sorts from Educational and Psychological Measurement.

Its conclusion?

A resounding ... ...

"Eh."
    And this is a Study, not a random double blind experiment.