First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku
    an ability to see you in relation to the world and the world in relation to you.
    Well you have a particularly Ni definition of "grounded" then, since you're calling "grounded" the ability to see through two opposing perspectives. If that's "grounded" then your grounded types are INFJ, INTJ, ENFJ, and ENTJ.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines "grounded" as "well balanced and sensible", which would describe any healthy Sensor or Thinker.

A few things on Sensors.

ESFPs - They navigate life to maximize enjoyment and have a knack for getting themselves into opportunities.
    ESTPs - Also opportunists who utilize the flow of life. They tend to live intensely and find joy in the rush.
    ISTJs - Steady, calm, loyal people. They get satisfaction from doing a good job and contributing in a positive way.
    ISFJs - They get satisfaction from the small pleasures of life and by protecting and supporting those they love.

What I don't understand is why these types are a bad thing to be in your mind. In my opinion, S doms are some of the most grounded in that they are the most aware that we ought to enjoy and experience the world moment by moment, and make the most of what we have. So many Ns are dissatisfied in life and are always looking for another pasture, while Ss are living life to the fullest with what they have. It's been ground into our N heads to look beyond our boxes, but the fact is that a huge amount of our life is going to be spent inside the box - Sensors get that, and don't necessarily like it, but they work with it. They learn to navigate and enjoy it (Se) or they work to improve it and protect the people in it (Si). I think most Ns could learn a lot from them.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^Yes.

Sensors and thinkers can decide in 2 seconds what it might take me 12 hours to come to.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    ^Yes.

Sensors and thinkers can decide in 2 seconds what it might take me 12 hours to come to.
    I can intuitively pick up things fast, but I can't make decisions fast. I have to analyze every angle.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilku View Post
    I guess my ennea combo is to blame which make me unusual infj, apart from the theoretically blabbery stereotypical infj quality that i too poses.
    Many ennea theories crossed with MBTI have put 9w1 INFJ's as being one of the most common combinations. Ask @BlackCat

But on another note.... stop it, you're making Ni look bad.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post

But on another note.... stop it, you're making Ni look bad.
    This.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

The funny thing is, he's using Ni defensively, in the same way ISPs do when they cast a suspicious eye on the external world. He's closer to sensors than he thinks

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The funny thing is, he's using Ni defensively, in the same way ISPs do when they cast a suspicious eye on the external world. He's closer to sensors than he thinks
    Sensorian-speak comes so naturally to you!!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Felix Baumgartner is more grounded than this dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    The Oxford English Dictionary defines "grounded" as "well balanced and sensible", which would describe any healthy Sensor or Thinker.
    Intuitives and Feelers can't be well-balanced or sensible? (OP aside). Feeling is surely more grounded than thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Intuitives and Feelers can't be well-balanced or sensible? (OP aside). Feeling is surely more grounded than thinking?
    Well, certainly they can be, but one could also be a healthy Intuitive or Feeler without being sensible in the general sense of the term, I believe. Certainly one can be a healthy NF and not really "sensible". I usually relate "sensible" to practicality and rationality. That could be my own linguistic bias, though.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Well, certainly they can be, but one could also be a healthy Intuitive or Feeler without being sensible in the general sense of the term, I believe. Certainly one can be a healthy NF and not really "sensible". I usually relate "sensible" to practicality and rationality. That could be my own linguistic bias, though.
    I Agree however S or T types can also be guilty of being irrational in emotional situations. Not from the standpoint of logical thinking but in response to emotion. Like telling an NF they are being overemotional as if that's not going to make the situation even worse. It would make sense to respond with the validation of emotion but they can miss that. When trying to persuade someone using or validating emotions might make the other person more receptive instead of logically explaining why you are right. Sometimes that's what it takes. An aspect of being sensible is determining what action in a given situation would yield the most desirable result. sometimes that requires the use of logic other times emotion. I think any healthy person is sensible regardless of type. The MBTI system is based on balance J and P, I and E, T and F ,N and S. We can achieve balance within ourselves and with the people around us making us all grounded and sensible respectively. (Not that you implied otherwise )
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman