• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is it possible to be "untypable"?

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, the common consensus is that I am an ENTP 7w6. Do you get that vibe from me?

Yes, much more so than ESFP 9w8... possibly 3w4 though, but I have only read some of your posts.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] I like how half the threads you comment in turn into discussions about your type. It's quite hilarious!

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
I believe so. "Untypeable" to me could be a result of many things, like not having a grasp of the cognitive functions, therefore not being able to see what you relate to, or having abnormal distibution of the cognitive functions. I THINK I closest to INTP, but at the same time, I have this feeling of unconfidence in that label. Maybe it is related to steretypes though, who knows. I took that Keys2Cognition test recently and got this bizarre result:

OyMBj.png

This is considered untypable by MBTI. How Can I excel so much at Ne and Si, while simulatenously having almost equal Fi, Te, and Fi. The numbers are so close that I can't even separate them. I'm not saying that the results above are correct, but people may not line up into perfectly distributed model MBTI lays out if they truly have something like the above in real life. And who said my top 4 has to consists of two introverted functions and two extroverted functions? In real life, there are probably extremely balanced or proficient people where they can fit into an approximate type, but not totally into a true type. I would consider them somewhat untypeable.

Candlelight

MBTI Type
xxxx
u r esfp 9w8 OP

Hahahah, I'm curious to know why did you though it!

[MENTION=4275]Folderol[/MENTION] I'm going with an abnormal distribution of cognitive functions nowadays but I may be inclined to some type, and don't perceive it myself, due to balance and all. Because I'm sure I have a good understanding of the functions etc (studied it a lot by Jung's book and internet research).

Last edited:
G

garbage

Kinda. MBTI fits some people pretty cleanly, but not others. I wouldn't worry about it :wink:
From the MBTI manual by Isabel Briggs Myers, Mary H. McCauley, Naomi L. Quenk and Allen L. Hammer:
Looks like these folks said it best.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Being untypeable? Bah what nonsense.

*Looks around suspiciously....then scurries away into hole*

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I believe so. "Untypeable" to me could be a result of many things, like not having a grasp of the cognitive functions, therefore not being able to see what you relate to, or having abnormal distibution of the cognitive functions. I THINK I closest to INTP, but at the same time, I have this feeling of unconfidence in that label. Maybe it is related to steretypes though, who knows. I took that Keys2Cognition test recently and got this bizarre result:

OyMBj.png

This is considered untypable by MBTI. How Can I excel so much at Ne and Si, while simulatenously having almost equal Fi, Te, and Fi. The numbers are so close that I can't even separate them. I'm not saying that the results above are correct, but people may not line up into perfectly distributed model MBTI lays out if they truly have something like the above in real life. And who said my top 4 has to consists of two introverted functions and two extroverted functions? In real life, there are probably extremely balanced or proficient people where they can fit into an approximate type, but not totally into a true type. I would consider them somewhat untypeable.
The term for this, which I learned a month ago, is a low "clarity of preference"; not that there's actually no type, or it can't possibly be known.
The cognitive process tests are basically measuring behavior, and assuming that that indicates preference. Sometimes it does, but it's not able to take into consideration the times when it doesn't, and other factors change the behavior.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

OyMBj.png

That result is eerily similar to mine. I think I was slightly higher on Ni and slightly lower on Te though. The test typed me as INFP. I think INTP fits better but I identify with quite a bit from INFP descriptions.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
The title says it all, but... is it really possible?

I good at typing people in general, reading them, observing human behavior etc. But I have a hard time typing MYSELF, and it's strange.

(I don't want to turn this thread a "type me" thread, it's not my purpose!) I seem to have a fair balance between my axis and functions, and when I take some personality test, the result may change only for a slight % difference... this is so much that between 2006 from 2012 I've tested as ALL the types, seriously! :huh:

I don't/ didn't have any mental illness, neurosis, never been on psychiatric treatment or anything. I'm really mentally healthy.

Given those facts anyone experienced it or know anybody like this? I'm curious.
YES. I am seriously untype-able. I have all the experts stumped.