User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default ENFP vs. ENTP in social situations

I've noticed that Ti and Fi are often confused for one another and often seem similar. For example, both Fi and Ti tend to both hate feeling controlled and enjoy the freedom of speech. For instance, I've noticed that many Fi and Ti users tend to dislike Fe doms for this reason. In many social situations Fi will say things that they strongly believe in and many times they can appear quite radical to the general populace, and can easily offend people (especially Fe doms). However, I've many times noticed that Ti users tend to do the exact same thing. It's just that many Ti users with tertiary Fe often can play the social game and will often apologize and try to lighten the mood if they offend people too badly. In contradiction, I've found that Fi users will rarely apologize if they offend people, and express their personal beliefs and values no matter who they offend. After all, if the ENFP "drank the social kool aid" so to speak, they would feel like they were betraying themselves and everything they believe in. Do you think that this is a good assessment of ENTP's vs. ENFP's when it comes to dealing with Fe and offending people?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Some of the most considerate people I've known regarding other peoples' feelings have been ENFPs. Some of the least considerate have been ENTPs. I don't know how well the theory holds. I think for many Fis, being kind and considerate to do others is an integral part of their value system, so even if they hold strong values they will keep others' feelings into account. Plus many ENFPs are strong in both Fi and Fe, just that they seem to value their Fi usage more, they can still see the importance of Fe.

I think the people most likely to offend other people and not care about it are those with weak Fe. IxTPs probably more likely to have this problem than ENTPs because Fe is a in a lower position.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Some of the most considerate people I've known regarding other peoples' feelings have been ENFPs. Some of the least considerate have been ENTPs. I don't know how well the theory holds. I think for many Fis, being kind and considerate to do others is an integral part of their value system, so even if they hold strong values they will keep others' feelings into account. Plus many ENFPs are strong in both Fi and Fe, just that they seem to value their Fi usage more, they can still see the importance of Fe.

I think the people most likely to offend other people and not care about it are those with weak Fe. IxTPs probably more likely to have this problem than ENTPs because Fe is a in a lower position.
    I certainly do not think that most ENFP's are strong in both Fi and Fe because the functions contradict themselves.