User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Default Anyone consider themself an intro/extravert, but your functions suggest otherwise?

I don't know how many of you on here subscribe to a more Jungian MBTI, but I imagine it's a fair amount. My question is, do any of you consider yourself to be one way but your functions suggest otherwise? For example, a good friend of mine has clearly defined functions: Si Te Fi (Fe Ti Se Ni) Ne, so clear cut ISTJ, right? But I kind of thought she was an extravert, but the functions totally make sense for her. It's just that, she almost seems more extraverted than ME at times. She is always trying to get people together, whereas I'd prefer to screw around on the internet.

Does having an extraverted dominant function necessarily make you an extravert? Thoughts?

Anyone relate?

I consider myself an introvert, but I'm fighting off a lot of Se awareness/impulse. And by Se, I don't mean action. I mean messages and trends of outside happenings (or culture at large). I'm aware, not comfortably avoidant. Avoidance is an act of will. My criticism of the outside is thought out.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

@Mane suggests that i'm Ne/Fi/Si/Te, which makes me an E dom who feels introverted because two of the functions I use the most are introverted ones, just like an introvert. I go through periods of both.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Infinite Bubble

I/E doesn't always correlate to how sociable they are. You can get more sociable Is and less sociable Es. There's a difference between a social extravert and have an extraverted function as dominant, although obviously there is a correlation.

@shortnsweet ENxP's particularly have the above confusion often. Can you think of a reason why you would start using your introverted functions more?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    I/E doesn't always correlate to how sociable they are. You can get more sociable Is and less sociable Es. There's a difference between a social extravert and have an extraverted function as dominant, although obviously there is a correlation.

@shortnsweet ENxP's particularly have the above confusion often. Can you think of a reason why you would start using your introverted functions more?
    "Need" the Si more than the Te perhaps? Or maybe that's just my perception since I've seemingly had a natural affliction for it.
    I think Ne could be an aux in me too though, so maybe it's not a confusion.
    Also, life outside of home requires a lot of E functions in general.. My job is an E job, my friends and supports tend to be ESFJ's, (and E's in general), I like to feel liked and fit in, I don't mind shifting my perspective when I'm around others, so perhaps when I get all that out of the way, I'm doing some compensation, and going into some derpy Fi/Si thing.

I'm also not so sure about people developing functions in perfect order, not getting to the fourth until they are in their 40's.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

This brings two thoughts to mind. 1 subtypes 2 relative introversion/extraversion. Ie a natural introvert born and raised in new York will become more extraverted than a natural e born in Amish country (at least in many cases)
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

- ENFPs are notoriously more introverted than other extroverts
    - Sp/Sx is the most introverted instinctual variant, so an extroverted Sp/Sx can look introverted

I am both, so, naturally, I almost always test as an introvert and in non-MBTI terms, I consider myself ambivert leaning more on the introverted side
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by roastingmallows View Post
    I don't know how many of you on here subscribe to a more Jungian MBTI, but I imagine it's a fair amount. My question is, do any of you consider yourself to be one way but your functions suggest otherwise? For example, a good friend of mine has clearly defined functions: Si Te Fi (Fe Ti Se Ni) Ne, so clear cut ISTJ, right? But I kind of thought she was an extravert, but the functions totally make sense for her. It's just that, she almost seems more extraverted than ME at times. She is always trying to get people together, whereas I'd prefer to screw around on the internet.

Does having an extraverted dominant function necessarily make you an extravert? Thoughts?

Anyone relate?
    How can your friend be sure of the functions she uses?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

A person can be sociable with an introverted mindset, same as someone could be spending all day on the internet in an extraverted fashion.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    @Mane suggests that i'm Ne/Fi/Si/Te, which makes me an E dom who feels introverted because two of the functions I use the most are introverted ones, just like an introvert. I go through periods of both.
    This would indeed create something of an ambivert if such a function order could exist. But then how do you simultaneously support and reject an extraverted mindset? How can you be Ne dom yet not put your sensing function out in the back shed with the little hide-a-bed and the water spicket?