User Tag List

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Default Is anyone else in a post holiday funk?

I always thought the little bout of unhappiness I experience around this time every year was due to the fact that the holiday season was over but now I think it's because of the holidays. I have been surrounded by family and people since the end of Nov. I have had to deal with big holiday crowds at almost every store and then come home to a house packed with relatives on an off until this week. I'm drained,grumpy, irritable and all around not a very nice persons to be around right now. Knowing what know about introversion combined with the realization that for the past few weeks I haven't had time to recharged my batteries I'm starting to think my large family gatherings are the problem. So my question to you is am I the only one?
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

To me, the holidays are about the lights and music (from memories of childhood, when you believed Santa was real, and received plenty of toys and gifts under the tree, and were dragged by mom to all the pretty stores). Then, of course the people gatherings as well.
    I basically keep my own lights up until the 6th (tomorrow); will have to take it down and pack it all away, and the Music Choice Christmas music plays until the 6th, afterwards, it reverts to "the Pulse", which is mostly just a bunch of weird new age stuff that plays between the holidays with musical themes (next one is Valentine's Day).
    Then, you have all the stuff many of the songs sing about; the winter weather, frightful outside, the warmth inside's delightful, and then the ice and snow; Frosty, and needing a sleigh. But the music and decorations are gone, and it's just a long, cold, dark period until spring.

So it is always a bit depressing to me. Christmas should be later in the winter. It seems to pass too fast. (Even though the season practically begins in September, now).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The thing I think is screwing with me is that now my routines are all thrown off. It makes me feel wonky and tired. That and how early it gets dark. I hate that part.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Banned

The absence of daylight really messes with my neurochemical balance.

I think things are looking up actually. Most major apocalyptic dates have been unfulfilled. And reality tv might be dropping in popularity. Maybe people can concentrate on less idiotic things now. Educating themselves, exploring the world... something to that effect. edit: Oh you mean personal funk. I don't do much during the holidays to come "down" from anything.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm was actually relieved when the holidays were over. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the holidays. The decorations, the time off of work, and being with my family. The thing is though, the time off from work, was not free time to do my own thing but to visit family and help with cooking a special meal. As much I love my family, I need my me time alone and so I was relieved when the holidays were over and I could get that back.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

OMG yes. I have been weepy since about Christmas night. Part of it is holiday letdown, part of it is the holidays themselves. Ordinarily I love the holidays. But this year and last year have been rough. One of my brothers' wife is battling a shitty, shitty form of cancer. The other brother is being a brat and didn't come to any of the gatherings.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think things are looking up actually. Most major apocalyptic dates have been unfulfilled. And reality tv might be dropping in popularity. Maybe people can concentrate on less idiotic things now. Educating themselves, exploring the world... something to that effect. edit: Oh you mean personal funk. I don't do much during the holidays to come "down" from anything.
    Indeed, and hopefully, the times of troubles can come to a close, which could be further advanced by undertaking the quest for knowledge, illuminating our way to discovery and development.

I'm not because I'm busy as all hell to be honest, I'm so, so glad that I've got days off at the moment between my days working in a way that suits me just to have some down time from being busy and thinking and planning too much.

I hate this time of year. A royal waste of time and a fleeting festival of tackiness and half confused traditions. It's been and gone and my sole concern is that in the ten days I had off over the period I achieved little in terms of writing my novel or anything else.