• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is anyone else in a post holiday funk?

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always thought the little bout of unhappiness I experience around this time every year was due to the fact that the holiday season was over but now I think it's because of the holidays. I have been surrounded by family and people since the end of Nov. I have had to deal with big holiday crowds at almost every store and then come home to a house packed with relatives on an off until this week. I'm drained,grumpy, irritable and all around not a very nice persons to be around right now. Knowing what know about introversion combined with the realization that for the past few weeks I haven't had time to recharged my batteries I'm starting to think my large family gatherings are the problem. So my question to you is am I the only one?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To me, the holidays are about the lights and music (from memories of childhood, when you believed Santa was real, and received plenty of toys and gifts under the tree, and were dragged by mom to all the pretty stores). Then, of course the people gatherings as well.
I basically keep my own lights up until the 6th (tomorrow); will have to take it down and pack it all away, and the Music Choice Christmas music plays until the 6th, afterwards, it reverts to "the Pulse", which is mostly just a bunch of weird new age stuff that plays between the holidays with musical themes (next one is Valentine's Day).
Then, you have all the stuff many of the songs sing about; the winter weather, frightful outside, the warmth inside's delightful, and then the ice and snow; Frosty, and needing a sleigh. But the music and decorations are gone, and it's just a long, cold, dark period until spring.

So it is always a bit depressing to me. Christmas should be later in the winter. It seems to pass too fast. (Even though the season practically begins in September, now).

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The thing I think is screwing with me is that now my routines are all thrown off. It makes me feel wonky and tired. That and how early it gets dark. I hate that part.

Within

Permabanned
The absence of daylight really messes with my neurochemical balance.

KDude

I think things are looking up actually. Most major apocalyptic dates have been unfulfilled. And reality tv might be dropping in popularity. Maybe people can concentrate on less idiotic things now. Educating themselves, exploring the world... something to that effect. edit: Oh you mean personal funk. I don't do much during the holidays to come "down" from anything.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm was actually relieved when the holidays were over. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the holidays. The decorations, the time off of work, and being with my family. The thing is though, the time off from work, was not free time to do my own thing but to visit family and help with cooking a special meal. As much I love my family, I need my me time alone and so I was relieved when the holidays were over and I could get that back.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
OMG yes. I have been weepy since about Christmas night. Part of it is holiday letdown, part of it is the holidays themselves. Ordinarily I love the holidays. But this year and last year have been rough. One of my brothers' wife is battling a shitty, shitty form of cancer. The other brother is being a brat and didn't come to any of the gatherings.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think things are looking up actually. Most major apocalyptic dates have been unfulfilled. And reality tv might be dropping in popularity. Maybe people can concentrate on less idiotic things now. Educating themselves, exploring the world... something to that effect. edit: Oh you mean personal funk. I don't do much during the holidays to come "down" from anything.

Indeed, and hopefully, the times of troubles can come to a close, which could be further advanced by undertaking the quest for knowledge, illuminating our way to discovery and development.

Lark

I'm not because I'm busy as all hell to be honest, I'm so, so glad that I've got days off at the moment between my days working in a way that suits me just to have some down time from being busy and thinking and planning too much.

Standuble

I hate this time of year. A royal waste of time and a fleeting festival of tackiness and half confused traditions. It's been and gone and my sole concern is that in the ten days I had off over the period I achieved little in terms of writing my novel or anything else.