User Tag List

First 123 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Se, I always picture all this constant flow of information raining down on people, always taking in everything that's currently happening within a certain time frame. Associations are fast and fluid. Makes them more fast paced, fun, and up to date. Downside is not always thinking before acting. (sp's and enxj's).

Si builds up over time. "This is like that, this is different than that, this works. This doesn't work." Still needs to be in the moment on some level to collect the information. These people tend to think before they act because they have to refer back to previous connections to find out about the best decisions. Slower pace, more thorough and calculated, and in control. Downside is getting stuck in outdated routines. (SJ's and inxp's)
    I like your distinctions as they sound similar to mine. (Si)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Si tells me that Se is fast cars and skateboarders. *crosses arms stubbornly*.

Also Music Videos are becoming wierder by the day.

Twas better in the olden times
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Introverted sensing is focused on what happened in the past and the individual's specific memory related to that. It trusts familiarity. Depth vs breadth. Extraverted sensing is focused on what is happening right now, using the five senses. Breadth vs. depth. Think of it as Si is a specific and precise filtered recollection compared to what is going on now and Se is immediate unfiltered sensation on what is going on now.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Se, I always picture all this constant flow of information raining down on people, always taking in everything that's currently happening within a certain time frame. Associations are fast and fluid. Makes them more fast paced, fun, and up to date. Downside is not always thinking before acting. (sp's and enxj's).

Si builds up over time. "This is like that, this is different than that, this works. This doesn't work." Still needs to be in the moment on some level to collect the information. These people tend to think before they act because they have to refer back to previous connections to find out about the best decisions. Slower pace, more thorough and calculated, and in control. Downside is getting stuck in outdated routines. (SJ's and inxp's)

You put that very well, thank you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qatie:) View Post
    so are you saying that Se is more like athletisism and Si is like being sentamental?
    Or are you saying Se is objective and Si relates things?
    More like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Physical reality lies outside and is ephemeral.
    Physical reality resides inside and is timeless.

Both are different from the operation of your senses.

Om.
    ^And more like this.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Si seems to be similar to imprinting. A Si person who grew up having pancakes on Sunday morning will tend to continue to desire this pattern. They tend to have strong, internalized opinions and evaluations of sensory, concrete things. It tends to be an excellent function for classical music in which there is a need to have an internalized concept of the ideal sensory experience. Si seems to be very aware of details. If a chair is moved a little out of place, a strongly Si person could tell by looking at the room. Feeling strongly attached or repulsed by specific sensory details regardless of context could also be a Si expression.

Se is more in the moment and is more likely to try new things and be adventurous with sensory experiences. It may tend to have a wider range of preferences which are more easily changed. It is not as easily imprinted upon with specific preferences. It's ideal is probably more experiential. For the Se person, the Sunday morning pancakes could be more about the experience in that moment and more aware of everything that is happening externally. A strongly Se person could tend to be attracted to sensory experiences that have a continual flow like improvisation in the performing arts, race car driving, or other types of sports that happen in the moment and are subject to change by their nature.

I tend to be pretty weak in both areas, but my type has inferior Se. I find it expressed in myself by being able to be in the moment, but not having many internalized sensory preferences. I try to integrate into my "Ni" by seeing the sights, sounds, and smells of nature to be metaphors for deeper meaning.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

both are sensory perception, but they differ on what is the decisive factor on whether perceptions get to consciousness and on what decides the intensity of the perception.

For Se this decisive factor is the intensity of the object, brightness of a light, redness of the rose etc etc.

Si on the other hand works entirely differently in this matter. Si sort of projects the subjective factor onto the external world, meaning that its more focused on what the thing in the external world evokes inside of you. For Si the intensity of the inner experience released by the external world is the decisive factor, not the intensity of the object.

also, with Si these "projections" onto the external world come through intuitions(extraverted intuition) and this is basically how Si and Ne are linked, i like to think them as two sides of the same coin.

Ni works with Se by painting a big picture and possibilities over time for these Se perceptions, but Ni incorporates other aspects to it aswell, like Ne incorporates other aspects to itself too in these "projections".
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISTJ

This is a bit of an old thread, but i didn't want to start a new thread on the exact same topic. I'm trying to learn about the difference between Si and Se. Saw a quote from Bob Marley yesterday:
    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."

Is it safe to say Si people feel the rain, Se people just get wet?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Rache View Post
    This is a bit of an old thread, but i didn't want to start a new thread on the exact same topic. I'm trying to learn about the difference between Si and Se. Saw a quote from Bob Marley yesterday:
    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."

Se users are known as incredibly earthy, that'd be something were it true.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rache View Post
    Surely it would be vice versa.