• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTPs are the most (usefully) creative type

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MyersBrigssCIRI.jpg

According to these guys.

Rainmaker index: Applying Keirsey’s theory of Temperaments resulted in developing a new “Rainmaker Index” specifically tuned to profitability from the “fuzzy front end” of new product development. According to research conducted by Greg A. Stevens, James Burley, Ph.D. and Richard Devine presented to the 1998 Research Conference at the Annual International Conference of the Product Development and Management Association (PDMA), analysts with MBTI preferences for intuition (“N”) and thinking (“T”) score highest on this index. Analysts in this grouping represented the top third of the “Rainmaker Index” and generated 95 times more profit than those in the bottom third. This compares to 11 times more profit for the analysts in the top third of the MBTI-Creativity Index which included the MBTI preferences of intuition (“N”) and feeling (“F”) in addition to the previous named grouping.
So now you know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
We're just awesome at everything.

:shrug:
*adjusts tie smuggly*

In the last few years i've driven a change in me, the goal being to see ideas happen. Ideas for the sake of ideas frustrate me in the long run. I'm the guy who asks 'so whats your solution' when people wine about A or B. It's a deep need in me. It energizes me. And I always want it to MAKE SENSE, to be quantifiably more effective. That's my two cents.

The better the idea the more I'll work on it.

Obstacles are generally mh. Well people who dont know shit about anything, or have shitty ideas (sorry guys but its true).
My solution was to become a better vertical and horizontal planner, to outline my projects in full. It's ALOT Of effort (i hate details!) but the satisfaction to see something being delivered as you envisioned it and see it work makes all that effort worthwhile.

The way I deal with hatred of details is to always start working with the big picture, and finish with the fine details in a way where it just becomes 'Ne/Si' Association due to a good grasp of the whole concept. I need to present the whole thing to someone at some point to structure it. So having a smart exec or partner is a good idea (for me at least). My thinking is externalized, through talks, aggressive paper scribbling etc.
However this will probably lead me to create my own company at some point. It's also what drives me to success: I want things done correctly, having 20 ideas and working hard doesnt mean shit if none is applied correctly through lack of 'last word' decision making.

a few days ago i was asked to develop an awareness campaign and well, I started with an idea, went to the details too quickly to satisfy the resident ESTJ, resulting in a non FULL grasp of the idea, then was asked to change the name of the campaign, which in turn to me changes its brand, and EVERYTHING (which the person asking for it doesnt seem to realize). Lacking a full grasp and being asked to 'modify' the existing concept (which to me is like asking to a chinese guy to modify a piece of french copywriting) I couldn't NE my way past it.

Essentially I couldnt produce ANYTHING for 2 days. And the new brand name only reminded me of hugs and maternity - Twas horrible. (also the result of stage IV burnout after 2 years without vacations :laugh:)
Then I asked the resident ENFP for a chat, presented the problem, she told me 'Fred, replace the word 'love' by something else in your mind (the new name I was asked to use), *points at part of website template* You can actually reuse this module in your plan"

Then Ne got reactivated and I made the entire plan in about 1.5 hours (full action plan still needed but im good for strategy, branding, format of the ads, templates for ads, channels, sponsor packages, general tactical outline, website template, online engagement, activities, stands, ways to drive engagement at each level, 70% on synergies between media).

That was my day so far.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^:laugh:

I once worked with an ENTP so creative he was borderline bipolar. He seethed with energy, the guy could not sit still or shut up for 2 minutes together. He had such a wealth of (insane) ideas, just listening to him was exhausting for most people. He went off to start his own company. I swear to God, I have no clue what he's actually trying to do. And I don't think anyone else does either ...

Brilliant guy tho...:unsure:

FWIW, I think this "research" is kinda dumb and exactly what MBTI shouldn't be used for. They seriously can't find a better measure of creativity than MBTI type?
I'd be pretty pissed off if I was ISFJ.

Standuble

This all seems a bit iffy to me. Many questions that come to mind which I hope the TPTB that made this actually explained.

- What questions are in the MBTI-CI? Can you deduce that NTs are more useful than NFs solely from a test which appears to be geared towards businesses of a presumably corporate structure? What about in businesses with a different structure e.g. small businesses?
- In one of the articles it quantifies "creativity index" in this test (which I assume is being produced here) and suggests that <250 means less likely to develop breakthrough talent and >250 means more likely. Is it too much to ask for a quantified y axis to say the what each type scores on average?
- The use of the word "challenged" has negative connotations and IMO undermines it as a supposedly objective piece.
- Are any suggestions or explanations made for the different size and positions of circles? For example, ISTJs have a huge circle which implies a wide range in an a type adherent's creative potential whilst their INTJ and ISFJ counterparts have only small ones whilst ENFJs are considered less creative than ENTJs. Does it explain why minor function variance would produce such difference in results?
- Why are ENTJ and ENTP further "enabled" than their INTP and INTJ counterparts? Why are these two types exempt from the vertical structure used in the other two columns? For example ENFJ and ENFP are not more enabled than INFP and INFJ in their column.

Many questions. If you know of any sites which have answered questions like these then I would be curious to know.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
^:laugh:

I once worked with an ENTP so creative he was borderline bipolar. He seethed with energy, the guy could not sit still or shut up for 2 minutes together. He had such a wealth of (insane) ideas, just listening to him was exhausting for most people. He went off to start his own company. I swear to God, I have no clue what he's actually trying to do. And I don't think anyone else does either ...

Brilliant guy tho...:unsure:

FWIW, I think this "research" is kinda dumb and exactly what MBTI shouldn't be used for. They seriously can't find a better measure of creativity than MBTI type?
I'd be pretty pissed off if I was ISFJ.

Bipolar? As in regular outbursts or ?

I know I get my energy from developing concepts. Essentially the more I work the more energy I get. Sometimes I become borderline Hyper active/fidgety, sleep less etc. But its not crazy, its more like uh. I swing from 'ok' to 'extremely good' with an average at 'good-excellent'. Im rarely down, takes a conflagration fo events backed by lack of social exposure. Doesnt happen very often and lasts half a day at the most

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Mhh based on that
Creativity Index: 513 out of 547
RainMaker Index: 100 out of 116

I used the calculator: http://www.winovations.com/calculator.htm provided to us by [MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION]
and then converted my av. % on E/I, S/N etc. into a percentage of the maximum scores of the G-form thingie

#2. Question:

I took the MBTI® instrument years ago, and do not remember where the results are, but do remember my overall preferences and their approximate strengths. Can I use these results to estimate my Creativity Index?

Answer:
You really should retake the instrument, and get numerical preference scores.

However, if it is impractical to do this, you can estimate your preference scores. The possible range for each of the overall preference scores is shown below. From these, you can "guesstimate" approximate numerical values for the preferences.

E: Extroversion range of preferences = 1 to 51
I: Introversion range of preferences = 1 to 57

S: Sensory range of preferences = 1 to 67
N: iNtutition range of preferences = 1 to 51

T: Thinking range of preferences = 1 to 65 for males & females
F: Feeling range of preferences = 1 to 39 for males, 1 to 43 for females

J: Judging range of preferences = 1 to 55
P: Perceiving range of preferences = 1 to 61

Standuble

I used Humanmetrics first, scoring 327 for creative index and 38 for Rainmaker Index. On Similar Minds I scored 434.695 for creative index and 12.72 for Rainmaker Index. In the former I scored low F and lower N and in the latter higher F and higher N.

S

Society

Call me naive maybe, but I don't believe other types don't have good ideas, I just think they aren't as likely to make a run for their ideas.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Call me naive maybe, but I don't believe other types don't have good ideas, I just think they aren't as likely to make a run for their ideas.

I keep telling you; carrots that taste like chocolate oranges and chocolate oranges that taste like carrots will never sell!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Oh...this is about business. Not painting or writing or that sort of creativity. It's about profit margin.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh...this is about business. Not painting or writing or that sort of creativity. It's about profit margin.

i think thats what the "(usefully)" on the topic title was referring to

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The real question is, would you change your name to Naive. It kinda sounds like Mane. Not a big change. Be reasonable :coffee:

S

Society

The real question is, would you change your name to Naive. It kinda sounds like Mane. Not a big change. Be reasonable :coffee:

Crabs, you can call me what ever your heart desires ;)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Clicked on the link and it referred to "product development", but didn't refer to what products. The general term to mean anything from new pharmaceuticals to another style of Barbie, to new architectural designs. It is about creativity, but ultimately beholden to business, so not what the "artisan" would tend towards, I suspect.

R

Riva

It came down to Profit?

At the end of the day it is not the usefulness of the product that matters it is how people perceive it. So no matter how brilliant the product is if it isn't marketed correctly it would not be perceived the way it was intended to be. Therefore it would have little influence on sales/profits.

So I would say when it comes to profit what matters mostly is marketing than creativity. of course marketing itself is correlated to creativity. But then again one could argue that marketing is mostly building trust. More what is seen/heard is believed the easier it is to access the mind and influence it.

To sum if up, to be the best marketeer one has to find creative ways to build trust.

*Feels uncreative and stiff*

Standuble

I would say that marketing isn't so much about building trust as it is appealing to their needs and convincing the customer that its something they want or something they need to buy. Fe is perfect for that task, see "snake oil salesman."