User Tag List

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Cool Self-Dualization

One concept I particularly liked from socionics was that of dualization. The idea is the two-halves of the same coin come together and cover each other's weak spots lovingly and share and exult in each other's strengths. While I do not believe pursuing a person of near opposite type to try and achieve this is wise, I do think that there are things we can all do to "self-dualize" and achieve a greater state of balance and ability to utilize all the functions as they are needed. So, if you find yourself acting too much like one type (ie. it is having a detrimental impact on your life in some fashion) perhaps it would be wise to take the actions of a person of your "opposite" type that you admire. So what are ways that you self-dualize? In what ways do you achieve this with others that you encounter in your daily life?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Sometimes I'm afraid to talk to people, so I whip out that Fe to try and talk and act more personable, even if I don't feel it on the inside. Does that count? :o

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    612 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Well, when I'm walking around campus, or am going somewhere fun, I try to pull myself out of the clouds and into the moment to appreciate the scenery around me. It doesn't always work when I'm by myself, though...it's easier if I'm with someone else.
    EII
    supine

R|L|oAI
    neutral good
    intrapersonal intelligence