User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Are you more different from your four letter opposite or your functional opposite?

I find myself more similar to my four letter opposite. Assuming I've typed as INTP correctly, I find myself more like the ESFJ (4 letter opposite) than the ESFP (functional opposite). The ESFJ, even though it's the 4 letter opposite, shares all of the cognitive functions, just in a different order. ESFP shares the P but no cognitive functions. I'm very different from both of these types, but moreso the ESFP.

Since I've also considered other types, interestingly enough, I still relate more to the 4 letter opposite. If I'm INFP, I find myself more like ESTJ than ESTP. If I'm ISFJ, I'm more like ENTP than ENTJ.

I'm not sure if it's just me though or if others are like this as well. I do have a strong Si/Ne inclination and the types I've considered for myself are all introverts who 'use' Si/Ne.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

I'd say I'm much more similar to ESTJ than ESTP. Even though I use Ni a lot, I use Si a lot as well, but not quite as much, and my Fe preference is small, sometimes even coming up as 50% on tests, usually no more than about 60%, though I always end up relating more to the Fe descriptions. Considering that, ESTJ isn't actually a huge difference to how I already am; the main difference is that I'm just very introverted, so my strongest functions, I believe, are Ni, Si, and Fi/Ti, in that order. It basically goes like:

Ni=>Si (strong with slight Ni preference)
    Ti=Fi (strong but noticeably secondary)
    Fe=>Te (moderate with slight Fe preference)
    Ne (somewhat less moderate)
    Se (practically nonexistent lol)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I can envision myself potentially changing into any of the P types(even the ESPs) but I think if I changed to a J type it would feel a lot more alien.

Even though I am pretty different from ESFPs we share the general JiPe preference, I think P vs J is the biggest letter difference among the types.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Wait, I thought that the functional opposites only had the N/S and T/F different, but the I/E and J/P were the same. For example the INTJ's opposite would be the ISFJ because the INTJ functions are Ni Te Fi Se Ne Ti Fe Si and the ISFJ functions are Si Fe Ti Ne Se Fi Te Ni. Yet from what you're saying, the functional opposite of an INTJ would be an ESFJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I can't see myself as ISTJ haha, I'm way too bubbly and outgoing. Also I'm not as rigid as they are unless someone violates my moral values but even then I'm not that intense. And although I get excited at the idea of new projects, I definitely could not follow through with it like they can. That being said, I think I'd be more similar to ISTP because of my sense of adventure and desire to learn how things work. Even though we share no functions at all, I think the Se desire to jump into new and exciting happenings is just a more action-oriented version of my Ne desire to experience new things and make connections.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I identify more with ESTJs than ESTPs. It's something about the intensity and conviction - even though it's expressed more openly and assertively than I generally do. Also the way they balance humour and earnestness is something I get too. I see ESTJs as a INFP turned inside-out, and that is more meaningful to me. I feel I understand them more because they better reflect my fundamental qualities and aspects of my inner self.

Although, the Pness of ESTPs does feel familiar. They're so changeable and vibey in their ideas, humour and where they direct their attention, and that I identify with (again in an introverted way). But overall, I feel like we're very different people at heart.

All that said, I probably will get into arguments more with ESTJs than ESTPs. I think the fundamental similarities taken to such different ends can cause more tension. It's like we sense the similarities and try to reconcile them with the differences. That doesn't mean we can't get along and enjoy one another's company. We just have to get past trying to 'correct' and 'reform' one another's 'faults'.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

I have nothing in common with most ISFJs that I know but I definitely have an inner ISFP in me. I really identify with their morals usually.

Society

yes, I have a little ISFJ growing inside of me.

we need to legalize personality abortions.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    yes, I have a little ISFJ growing inside of me.

we need to legalize personality abortions.
    Mini-Mane!
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I find myself having commonalities between EP/ij over IP/ej. This has always seemed a critical divide for me and sometimes i wonder if it has to do w serotonin
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.