• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are all young children EXFP?

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Or have at some point been EXFP?

Maybe this is why I can never get along with them....

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
They typically have high energy, few inhibitions, and little impulse control. I suppose that might be close.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
They typically have high energy, few inhibitions, and little impulse control. I suppose that might be close.

Types, in general, are a "close" description of the human being anyway.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you mean specifically, ExFP, no.

Take our two sons.

The first was always quiet, would sit where you left him, just turn his head and look around, was very quiet, didn't mess in things, did what you told him to do, was very studious but not very engaging or disruptive. You could tell he was WATCHING... but he was also very understated and kept to himself.

The second (an ESFP) was immediately the color "bold yellow" -- as soon as he was born , he was loud, happy, engaging, made eye contact constantly, fussed, made lots of noise, got into anything he could get his hands on, would NEVER stay put if you put him down.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Go hang around a kindergarten. You'll see some kids playing with each other, some bully others, some sit alone. They definitely have their types, but they somehow express them differently than they will when they grow up.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think so, I've observed some pretty introverted kids. As well as some that were obviously more scheduled and structured, and probably even some that are more logical in their actions, even if they don't understand it at all yet.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I was always an introvert, playing with other children stressed me out and tired me, I would always look to my parents to save me from situations involving my loud friends. "Why is she so loud? Can we go home yet? Can she leave our house now?"

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Nope.
The bossy little tyrants are the J's.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Nope. some kids play by themselves at recess and are more quiet and laid back. At least i was.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Is it more likely to find EXFPs among children than among adults?

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
HAHAHA, no, all kids definitely are NOT ExFP. I was easily an INxx as a kid, very imaginative, individualistic, and independent. I never fit in with the rest of the kids my age. Also, looking back at my elementary school classmates, many of them were also introverts, T types, and J types.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
No, they are NOT. Maybe little little babies might all seem Se but that's because of a cognitive development phase when they're discovering the world around them, but even so babies tend to have their own personalities.

As a little kid, I've always heard that I was very quiet and stubborn (IJ, I guess.) Then by elementary school I was very spacey along with this (INJ). I kind of think I acquired Te during middle school, though I'm not sure yet. So that about makes INTJ.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it more likely to find EXFPs among children than among adults?

no
because their personalities have yet to develop
as far as ExFP behavior.....yes

however,
my father has said that i have not changed a bit
so it might be possible

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I was an interesting child.
I was obnoxious and arrogant when I was little.
I wasn't a quiet child but was a loner.
I thought I was more imaginative and intelligent than everyone else- especially when people couldn't keep up with the stories I would make up or show interest in reading the cool books I was reading.
I still made friends but made a few enemies, I even got beat up when I was little.
The idiots had to stop when they were threatened with suspension.
I also knew where babies came from too early in my life.
The main question I had about it was awkward, "I understand how that could work but why would anyone want to do that?"
Lots of weird things but overall I had a fun and healthy childhood- I played a lot of video games with people.
Then I went from my public elementary school to a school for the gifted at 11 and all changed.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ENFP has always fit for my daughter. My son seems more IxTx, though. You can practically smell the gears turning all the time. And he doesn't really care what you think, he's going to do what he's going to do.

Usehername

On a mission
My little cousins are (I've babysat since they were all born, and sometimes for 24 hrs at a time, have spent time at the lake and on a ski trip with them...):

8 years: INTJ female whom I initially typed as ISxJ until this year, when she was old enough to have long conversations with. She was just such the perfect eldest child babysitters helper never did anything wrong kid.
NT as opposed to INFJ because of her passionate eyes and restless energy when we take apart her siblings electronic toys to see the insides. :)

6 years: ExxP. Probably ENTP. Writing full stories since she was 5 years old on her own; genius like all the kids. (Her teacher told her mom, "I would love to get inside her head. She makes the WEIRDEST connections and often gets the answer right even though I initially thought she did the work wrong." (suggests the N pattern of thought) Very bossy.

4 years: ISFJ. Drama queen child who bosses sibs around about the "right" way of doing things. Shy and perfect child to babysit if you ignore the once a half hour bawling that lasts for 90 seconds.

25 months: Ixxx. I'm wondering INTP only because she refuses to talk. Don't get me wrong, she's just as much intelligent as the others; she can do puzzles for 7 year olds. I've had full conversations with her through me talking and her using body language or vocal inflections on some sound. She is completely fluent in English... once she decides to talk. (I've heard Einstein did the same, and then spoke in full sentences.)

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Definitely not, I've fit my personality (ISTP) for as long as I can remember, but then again, I was an odd kid.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was so quiet as a child, I didn't talk until after I turned 2, and even then you couldn't get me talk unless I knew you. But supposedly I always observed everyone else, and was perfectly happy watching others interact. I tended to let everyone around me talk for me, and I got in trouble because one of my more extroverted friends would be like "ms____ libby wants ____" and the reply would be "she can ask herself" I hated asking for things I still do, though I've gotten better. For some reason, I tend to believe that if I can't find a way to get it myself then I don't deserve it. I still like watching people interact, over interacting, I tend to sit in a place where I can watch others but still not be in the way.

I don't know if this was the natural course for me, or if my brother was so extroverted that he never sat still or shutted up, so I might have figured "I'm never going to get to say anything, I'll listen instead"