User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

No, not all. I've always been deeply introverted and objective (my preschool teachers and mom thought something was seriously wrong with me cuz I was such a strange child).

MBTI
    eNFP

Further, an ExFP would mean either dominant Se or dominant Ne; and I imagine the two would look rather different even in children.

autumn

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I have noticed that Chart the Course types (IST/INJ) tend to look more outgoing and playful when they are young. But that's just the folly of youth. When they get older, and life and its pressures start getting to them, they now have to refocus their energies, and then their true introverted and serious selves comes to the forefront. But the drivers for their temperament were always there; they just reacted to them differently because of the situation of being young. The functions are said not to be completely developed at the youngest ages, anyway.

Some of those types do look more introverted as children, and this could be from various situations, or even what we would call a compulsive temperament need.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

Children's Personality Portraits

as far as i can remember, i've always been terribly shy, sensitive, imaginative and helpful -- classic IFP traits.

MBTI
    ISTJ

My mom says I was always a happy little girl and I never cried or caused any trouble. I was very friendly too. I vaguely remember wanting to be alone in the third grade. I didn't really want to go to parties or to friends' houses. I basically become an introvert at that point, for a reason that's beyond me.
    f a s h i o n
    c a n
    b e
    l o v e ♥

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by ofugur View Post
    Children's Personality Portraits

as far as i can remember, i've always been terribly shy, sensitive, imaginative and helpful -- classic IFP traits.
    ITP describes me well as a child

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiana View Post
    HAHAHA, no, all kids definitely are NOT ExFP. I was easily an INxx as a kid, very imaginative, individualistic, and independent. I never fit in with the rest of the kids my age. Also, looking back at my elementary school classmates, many of them were also introverts, T types, and J types.
    I'm not arguing with your self-assessment per se, but I don't think being "imaginative, individualistic, and independent" has much to do with being introverted... i.e. I know many very imaginative, individualistic and independent ES/ENxxs...

But I agree with you... my brother, who's a mildly introverted ISTJ now (31 yrs old) used to be quite introverted as a child... in fact, he and a few other kids like him were always the ones adults would praise and coo about, "Oh! Look how quiet and well-behaved he/she is! He/she's so mature!"

Damn introverts.... everyone thinks you're so bloody mature and it's just a FACADE!

Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    Or have at some point been EXFP?

No way. When I was a young child, I was INFJ. Very introverted, fantasizing, hyper-sensitive, repressed, private, etc.

Now, I'm not that way at all.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

No way...

I remember when I lived in FL (which was only until I was 4 1/2-5yrs old)... I can actually recall instances where I wanted privacy and would close my door to play/read my little Garfield or Little Golden books alone in my room. I never approached children or adults I didn't know. I carefully observed them most of the time. I think I interacted more with my teachers than with my fellow classmates. And... to an extent, I had my own little sense of planning/orderliness, and I recall feeling really annoyed when people interfered with it... and they did.. a lot.. cuz it never made sense to them... and still doesn't.
    ...pretty ok with that.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

My parents tell me that I was a very outgoing and confident child when I was young (before and during early elementary school). I wasn't loud or obnoxious, but I apparently wasn't really withdrawn, either. In fact, my entire family is thrilled (to my annoyance) to tell anyone and everyone this particular anecdote from my childhood involving me randomly lecturing a friend's pregnant mom about C-sections (information that I apparently gleaned indirectly from my mother, who is an obgyn nurse).

But my brother, who oddly enough is a clear ENTP, was always a calm and pensive child.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness