User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 21

  1. #11
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Hmmm...almost. I'd say that the ESFP group is contaminated with a majority of young ESFJs (it seems like you chose them because they were young, but the face is more ESFJ), and the ENTJ is filled with a lot of ESTJs. Also, I feel like people like Ellen and Robin Williams have more in common facially than either do with the rest of the group, and I'd classify them as ENFP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  2. #12
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xennui View Post
    Hmmm, tough. Your face didn't scream a type to me right off. After comparing and-head scratching I'm gonna put you as an INFJ? Your chin temps me to say INFP but it may just be Irish. And I get an overall feel from it like Daniel Radcliff which would put it to ENFP (so they say, I think he's more INFP). But I dunno, when I apply my prime method which is putting you next to spreads of faces and moving things around until it resonates, your eyes tell me INFJ.

    So, 1st guess is INFJ.
    Second guess is xNFP.

    Am I close?


    I don't have a matrix done for INFJ, but Woodrow Wilson clicks. If you're xNFP, I've put you on my ENFP matrix with Radcliffe and Hunter S. Thompson;
    That's really interesting actually. A lot of people typed me and I identified as INFJ for a long while. INFP was something I had considered before on forums such as Perc.

    Funny that you should mention Woodrow Wilson as well. I remember learning about him many years ago in various history classes and I actually quite liked the man, or rather, I liked his historical appearance as he was presented to me. Of course I have no idea of the bias of those who taught me.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #13
    Junior Member xennui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...almost. I'd say that the ESFP group is contaminated with a majority of young ESFJs (it seems like you chose them because they were young, but the face is more ESFJ), and the ENTJ is filled with a lot of ESTJs.
    Can you give me some specifics? I'll try re-arranging and re-posting.


    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Also, I feel like people like Ellen and Robin Williams have more in common facially than either do with the rest of the group, and I'd classify them as ENFP.
    I'll scoot those around too and see what I get. I have them as ENFP's as is everyone on that spread. The 'Towards INFP' label just means that facially they veer towards INFP to me. But yeah, I agree that I could be wrong even about the lack of E-ness. I look at even current pictures of Sissy Spacek and there's no Introvert there, she's feisty!

  4. #14
    Junior Member xennui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    That's really interesting actually. A lot of people typed me and I identified as INFJ for a long while. INFP was something I had considered before on forums such as Perc.

    Squeeeee! [Does happy dance.] I know very few INFJ's, y'all are the rarest of them all. The only person I'm pretty sure is INFJ is my sister who's a bully-for-jesus. I was actually kind of relieved when she finally decided I was too wicked to have further contact with. I've never heard a bad thing about Woodrow Wilson. Please don't hit me over the head :[

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I identified as INFJ for a long while.
    Wait--so what do you identify as now?

  5. #15
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xennui View Post
    Squeeeee! [Does happy dance.] I know very few INFJ's, y'all are the rarest of them all. The only person I'm pretty sure is INFJ is my sister who's a bully-for-jesus. I was actually kind of relieved when she finally decided I was too wicked to have further contact with. I've never heard a bad thing about Woodrow Wilson. Please don't hit me over the head :[
    'A bully for Jesus' possibly one of the best terms ive heard all year lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by xennui View Post
    Wait--so what do you identify as now?
    Oh..well actually now I feel a bit guilty because I was going to stop doing this, but..it's a bit in the air at the moment. I suppose im not sure of my own understanding so I subordinate it to others, but the trouble with that is that each person can experience you differently, so you end up being every type under the MBTI sun.

    Latest prediction was ExFJ of some kind, with more leaning towards ESFJ than ENFJ.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  6. #16
    Junior Member xennui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Latest prediction was ExFJ of some kind, with more leaning towards ESFJ than ENFJ.
    Huh... yeah, you were tripping on Woody Harrelson's chin so I started you off with the ESFJ's but that just made me cry, "My patterns are lies and delusions!" and I kept shuffling, so I'm glad I at least got somewhere in your very wide spectrum... maybe you're an xxxx? <lol> Du bist der Ãœbermensch!

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    each person can experience you differently
    Yeah, only you can really assess your own type, so long as you have a good MBTI or whatever type test. And are in a reasonably quiet frame of mind where you can answer as you are, not as you wish/feel you should be. As I understand it, you don't really change type much with time. Small changes, like my sister says she's definitely become more F after having kids, and I've noticed it. But she's still T enough to be very bothered by that fact ;P

    So what about your enneagram, do you feel that's spot-on? And is it self-tested or others' opinions? MBTI is kinda lacking in resolution, I'm gonna have to learn ennagrams some day.

  7. #17
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xennui View Post
    Yeah, only you can really assess your own type, so long as you have a good MBTI or whatever type test. And are in a reasonably quiet frame of mind where you can answer as you are, not as you wish/feel you should be. As I understand it, you don't really change type much with time. Small changes, like my sister says she's definitely become more F after having kids, and I've noticed it. But she's still T enough to be very bothered by that fact ;P

    So what about your enneagram, do you feel that's spot-on? And is it self-tested or others' opinions? MBTI is kinda lacking in resolution, I'm gonna have to learn ennagrams some day.
    To be honest I haven't even scratched the surface of enneagram. Mainly because I just took a glance at 6w7 and then at the instinctual variants and thought: "Yep, that sounds familiar, seems like me" and that was it.

    MBTI never jumped out with such clarity. Sadly it's too easy to appropriate the information of MBTI, (especially cognitive functions), to any context; but I believe that is the point of them in the first place. I think it was meant to explain how people come to their conclusions using the information they take in. Why some can reach the same conclusions but in different ways. But also how people filter this information in the first place, the processing of it that goes on automatically, before we're even aware of the thought, the idea.

    Then, of course, there is the "we're all a bunch of special people lets respect each other" element. Which is a nice sentiment I suppose. I probably find enneagram more....relatable because it starts with the negatives and talks about your motivations and flaws which you can get trapped in.

    As opposed to MBTI which is like a rampant hug fest, not that I dislike hug fests.

    As for trusting to my own self-typing. Well I long ago realised on forums such as these that keeping your type a secret is better than making it public. Unconscious, (as well as conscious), bias exists in all of us and having a type is just one more element for that to latch onto.

    The intent in it's creation was sound, but the usage by others since is not.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  8. #18
    Member Folderol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    83

    Default

    I have mixed opinions on this kind of thing.

    On one hand, I don't know if you know but socionics directly incorporates facial structure/posture/etc into personality. I believe that there is something to it too, I mean if we all use these different cognitive processes so often, there are probably external patterns (giveaways) on us. There might be a link. And what about that expression, "Eyes are the window to the soul?" Maybe there is something to that.

    On the other hand these pictures a LOT of celebrities. Yes, I realize that it's the best way to present the data (people we know), but who here is doing the typing!? Julia Roberts ESTP? I heard she was INFP. Same with Lady Gaga. And then you need to realize how similar we ALL look - hair color, eyes, skin, etc. Humans naturally look like each other, just we notice and nitpick from socializing. So when you get into showing examples to back up the first point, doing it like this is prone for a lot of error. If you are going to do tests or draw conclusions from types, you better make sure the people involved are completely sure and confident of what they are. Otherwise you can start throwing around inaccurate images/things that support your data but could support it in a different way since it's not correlated at all.

  9. #19
    Junior Member xennui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Folderol View Post
    I don't know if you know but socionics
    Yeah, that's partly what got me more in to this, in addition to having always pointed out people's similarities that no one else sees. I actually let go of socionics pretty quickly b/c their descriptions seemed way to stereotyped and didn't quite match anyway. That was before I knew their system's letters don't always mean the same as MBTI, though the have like 3 different letter/symbol systems--to complicated to be useful to the core purpose of my studies, which is just to understand people better because most peoples' motivations and values seem alien and, er, kind of absurd to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Folderol View Post
    On the other hand these pictures a LOT of celebrities.
    That's because, as I mentioned in the post all the pictures and typing are from celebritytypes.com. It's run by a couple cats in europe, and INTJ economist and an ENTP, er, social theorist? I forget what he does. I pried, since I'm piggybacking on their work. It was staring at all those faces where it clicked for me, all that patterns I'd seen, what it meant in correlation with personality types. And it's a work in progress, they do shift types as they get better input.


    Quote Originally Posted by Folderol View Post
    "Eyes are the window to the soul?" Maybe there is something to that.
    That's the strongest identifier for me, not just the eyes but the brows, the shape of the socket and the folds of the upper eyelids. INxP's often have unusual chins and ExTJ's tend to have wider, "leadership noses," but it's still the eyes that speak to me above all. And that may not all be purely physical, it may be expression too... that shit is SO subtle and hard to describe, even to one's self what exactly makes one eye's 'soul' look different than another's.

    Quote Originally Posted by Folderol View Post
    you better make sure the people involved are completely sure and confident of what they are.

    Your point is valid, but we're not dealing with exact science here in the first place. I agree with enough of their typings and their approach to typing that it's a great place to start. It's a huge amount of work they've done combining the typing w/ visuals, and my building on their work itself is open to improvement even with the primary typing, I shuffle and make notes too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Folderol View Post
    Humans naturally look like each other, just we notice and nitpick from socializing.
    I'm anti-social and fortunately have little need to worry about my monkey status, so I can spend all my time nitpicking and watching all the things the other monkeys don't know they do


    Quote Originally Posted by Folderol View Post
    Otherwise you can start throwing around inaccurate images/things that support your data but could support it in a different way since it's not correlated at all.
    That's another reason why I'm basing on their typing and not mine, unless it's something I disagree with on a personality and[ visual level. But you're right, if this carries on it should eventually go double-blind. You are the voice of eternal scientific caution.

  10. #20
    Member Folderol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xennui View Post
    That's because, as I mentioned in the post all the pictures and typing are from celebritytypes.com.
    I totally missed where you said that. Hey, at least you can't take any blame now! lol

    Quote Originally Posted by xennui View Post
    That's the strongest identifier for me, not just the eyes but the brows, the shape of the socket and the folds of the upper eyelids. INxP's often have unusual chins and ExTJ's tend to have wider, "leadership noses," but it's still the eyes that speak to me above all. And that may not all be purely physical, it may be expression too... that shit is SO subtle and hard to describe, even to one's self what exactly makes one eye's 'soul' look different than another's.
    I was going to go on a tangent about how you could type/predict somebody based on their expression but then I realized I was getting into an area like racism. *Angry mob with pitchforks: They have a defined nose... ESTJ! They've been masquerading around here as something they're not! Fakes! Phonies! Liars! Cheats! and Girl 1: How can I infiltrate an INTP meeting, as an ISFJ? Girl 2: You could get a chinjob! Or use prosthetics.

    Quote Originally Posted by xennui View Post
    Your point is valid, but we're not dealing with exact science here in the first place.
    That's true. I think I was just trying to provide both sides of the coin though from my perspective.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] ENTJ Ladies . . . what do you see is good/bad about being an ENTJ?
    By Windigo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 09:38 PM
  2. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 11:57 AM
  3. What do you see when you’re drifting off to sleep?
    By Stanton Moore in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 07:05 AM
  4. What direction do you see the USA going in, and where would you like it to go?
    By Risen in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 01:09 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 02:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO