User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

  1. #1
    Riva
    Guest

    Default Could Fi be faked?

    Then again fakeness is a tool for manipulation. Does not Fi ever desire manipulation?

  2. #2
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Anything can be faked, I guess Fi would be one of the most difficult since Fi is partly about being true to one's self, but yea... I mean, it's a cognitive function, not an ability blah blah.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  3. #3
    Yup
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    Istj
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    i can see a person with fi believing themselves to be a moral authority and brain washing those who are weaker into accepting the paradigm belief system that it has created. i believe fi can become delusional when it cuts itself off from the world.

    yea, fi can be faked.

  4. #4
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    i can see a person with fi believing themselves to be a moral authority and brain washing those who are weaker into accepting the paradigm belief system that it has created. i believe fi can become delusional when it cuts itself off from the world.
    yea, fi can be faked.
    Fi users don't "brainwash" people in the way that Fe users do. an Fi user trying to win people to his side of the crusade is more likely to use a more forceful, direct approach with the aid of Te. Fi/Te is a much more aggressive, fiery combination than either of the two functions alone. it is less concerned with persuading people and thinks more along the lines of "either you're with me or you're enemy! repent sinners lest I strike thee down!". ie, they don't give a shit about what you feel, they only care about what you believe and if it is in line with what they themselves do. Fi is too uncompromising and Te too direct to resort to the kind of diplomacy and social give and take necessary for the kind of manipulation mentioned in the OP.
    @Riva
    Fi users can be manipulative, but they aren't using Fi to do so. I've manipulated people before with Ne/Te, but it's in a different way entirely. basically, I just throw up a really professional, competent looking image, back my zany ideas with some empirical evidence and deliver the message in a confident, authoritative voice.
    PS: to be honest, though most of the times I've manipulated people like this have been on accident, as I quite enjoy this demeanor and I have this tendency to be able to sound REALLY competent when I actually have no idea what I'm talking about...only to realize this later and fall flat on my face. I guess I'm still a wannabe TJ 3w4
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #5
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Then again fakeness is a tool for manipulation. Does not Fi ever desire manipulation?
    No.
    Fi can tell stories. It is called imagination.

  6. #6
    Senior Member pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    oh wow, nice to find myself agreeing with you once in a while
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Fi users don't "brainwash" people in the way that Fe users do. an Fi user trying to win people to his side of the crusade is more likely to use a more forceful, direct approach with the aid of Te. Fi/Te is a much more aggressive, fiery combination than either of the two functions alone. it is less concerned with persuading people and thinks more along the lines of "either you're with me or you're enemy! repent sinners lest I strike thee down!". ie, they don't give a shit about what you feel, they only care about what you believe and if it is in line with what they themselves do. Fi is too uncompromising and Te too direct to resort to the kind of diplomacy and social give and take necessary for the kind of manipulation mentioned in the OP.
    @Riva
    Fi users can be manipulative, but they aren't using Fi to do so. I've manipulated people before with Ne/Te, but it's in a different way entirely. basically, I just throw up a really professional, competent looking image, back my zany ideas with some empirical evidence and deliver the message in a confident, authoritative voice.
    PS: to be honest, though most of the times I've manipulated people like this have been on accident, as I quite enjoy this demeanor and I have this tendency to be able to sound REALLY competent when I actually have no idea what I'm talking about...only to realize this later and fall flat on my face. I guess I'm still a wannabe TJ 3w4

Similar Threads

  1. [Fi] could this be Fi?
    By Society in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 10:02 AM
  2. [E3] Could I be Type Three?
    By Jeffster in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 12:07 PM
  3. Could I Be ENFJ?
    By Mondo in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 05:49 AM
  4. inp's and isp's how do you experience Ne Si and Se Ni could there be confusion?
    By INFtha14 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 12:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO