Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
In my thinking and observations, I've found it easier to make typology explain things by describing the lines you've drawn as entities in and of themselves. Individuals, however, tend to dwell at one pole or another of the entity. Perhaps envision bar magnets:

Each magnet is an entity (Te-Fi, Ne-Si) the individual uses. (Note how the i/e can indicate the polarity of the magnets, such that Fi attracts to Ne, and Te attracts to Si.)

An individual tends to usually have the magnets arranged as in the above picture, focusing on just two of the poles and integrating them. Some rare individuals might be more like "monopoles", ignoring the other entity almost entirely (but never completely).

Jung's concept of integration, then, could be likened to figuring out how to arrange the bar magnets more like this:

Note that both systems are "balanced". Two bar magnets can simply snap into place in either of these arrangements. The first arrangement is more likely, the second arrangement is more stable. The first arrangement snaps in place early in life. The second arrangement snaps into place later, but the snapping itself (in both cases) can be stressful.

I don't think of the mind as "wandering around" in that balanced butterfly path between these. Rather, the mind "is" the arrangement. Perceptions, thoughts, and ideas wander around the magnetic field lines.

Does this align (pun intended) with your concept of a "polarity system"?
Conveniently my study into the land of negative feedback loops led me on a tangent course set for magnets, so here we are.

This makes a lot of sense to me. However, the hole I see in this is that there is no interaction between like poles. Fi and Ne may natural click together... but there is still something to be said for the companionship of PeJe and PiJi when they work in tandem.

I find I am struggling to fully describe and identify how the judgement spectrum works both together and with the perception spectrum. I have many ideas, but very little in the way of discerning which idea has something to it.