• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's the most "insane" personality type?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lot's of people think I'm insane, and I've also interacted with some pretty insane people as well, so I'm wondering, what particular personality types are commonly associated with "insanity"?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends on the type of insanity. Every type has its own brand. I think I'll think about it and post "Crazy by the Types."

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'd have to say ENxPs and INxJs, as much as I like them.

ENxPs tend to be crazy in the normal sense, just doing all kinds of random things, acting bouncy and off-the-wall, etc.

INxJs... well, they tend to sit around plotting for a long time, maybe brooding over something. And then one day, they just set into motion this brilliant yet crazy plan that is often directed at the wrong thing for the wrong reason, because of something that happened a long time ago.

Basically, ENxP insanity is just acting outlandish and novel all the time. INxJ insanity is cunning, brooding, and calculating behavior. But make no mistake, both of us are capable of being the most insane types when unhealthy.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Due to a very weak Se, I can see these types flipping out worse than others - though maybe ISxJ could do as well - when others with a stronger Se try to use the function to get them to do something. And as Se is quite a commonly used thing in society, it will probably build up overtime worst for them.

"Leave INxJs alone!":(

Lark

Depends on the type of insanity. Every type has its own brand. I think I'll think about it and post "Crazy by the Types."

I sort of agree with that. If people are breaking down or stressing out I think they are liable to manifest their opposite functions, given that they've not got the same prowess with them as with the ones they usually use and are comfortable and confident with its an unhappy picture.

Definitions of insanity are also highly culturally defined too, so typologies which are at odds with cultural norms would be likely to be considered eccentric or abnormal in that context too. I've also got a speculative and personal sympathy with a lot of the "Insane/sane society" ideas.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTPs and INTJs and other dominant intuitive types

Standuble

Is there an actual definition of "insane"? What is sanity?

If we are talking about against the cultural "norm" (which is in essence pretty much Si primarily and Te/Fe) then it would be anything which lacks in this essence of cultural norm and deviates as a result.

Se - Can be perceived as crazy in the respect than an individual could eventually become reckless and/or impulse and is looked down upon by the Si function which prefers to reflect on sensory data rather than directly experience it.
Fi - Has a negative stereotype of being self-absorbed, selfish, irrational and of course "emo." An Fi user can be perceived as crazy if they actively display their function in society which is feared by strong Te users and is not understood by Fe users.
Ti - Can be perceived as crazy in the respect that they analyze data and if they withdraw into seclusion to study. Basically feared by Fe users.
Ni - Can be perceived as crazy in how they develop subjective patterns removed from the outside world and develop independent ideas on the meaning of things. Understanding of the world is independent of the realm of the SJ types.
Ne - Can be perceived as crazy as to the observer it follows a non-sequitur format indifferent to details instead of a more linear process.

My answers may need refinement but that's the gist of it. I conclude that sanity is subjective (an entity can be "sane" yet be incapable of functioning/procreating whilst a maldaptive entity can still be capable and reproduce) and it is formed around the SJ outlook due to having majority status.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Due to a very weak Se, I can see these types flipping out worse than others - though maybe ISxJ could do as well - when others with a stronger Se try to use the function to get them to do something. And as Se is quite a commonly used thing in society, it will probably build up overtime worst for them.

"Leave INxJs alone!":(

Maybe I have high Se then; because I've never felt like flipping out. Maybe hitting people, which is pretty mild, but I've never actually even done that. I have an obsessive amount of self control. I have some eccentric beliefs, but they're all backed up by science and philosophy in a roundabout sort of way.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I have high Se then; because I've never felt like flipping out. Maybe hitting people, which is pretty mild, but I've never actually even done that. I have an obsessive amount of self control. I have some eccentric beliefs, but they're all backed up by science and philosophy in a roundabout sort of way.

Well, it's not exactly what you think of. An INxJ will only begin to start freaking out to others when there's not other way out. When there's too much external stress for them to handle and try evading, something bad will probably happen.

Have you seen "Thor"? If you have, consider Loki - or, more exactly his fighting style. Imagine a battle as some sort of Se coming on him; what does he do? Does he charge straight forward at the enemy? No, he makes illusions and tries to push off brute strength by evading it. But then, imagine there's no more way he can avoid it; what will happen? He'll probably have to result to physical fighting as well, and that won't go too well since he's not used to it.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it's not exactly what you think of. An INxJ will only begin to start freaking out to others when there's not other way out. When there's too much external stress for them to handle and try evading, something bad will probably happen.

Have you seen "Thor"? If you have, consider Loki - or, more exactly his fighting style. Imagine a battle as some sort of Se coming on him; what does he do? Does he charge straight forward at the enemy? No, he makes illusions and tries to push off brute strength by evading it. But then, imagine there's no more way he can avoid it; what will happen? He'll probably have to result to physical fighting as well, and that won't go too well since he's not used to it.
That would most resemble my fighting style as far as physical fighting goes; intellectually I'm more direct and incisive.

So you mean INXJ freak outs as panicking and lashing out? That's hardly insane though; it seems the most sane in fact. Every type will fight if backed into a corner, and to not do so is irrational because it contradicts self preservation. (Unless of course one can do the trickster thing.)

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That would most resemble my fighting style as far as physical fighting goes; intellectually I'm more direct and incisive.

So you mean INXJ freak outs as panicking and lashing out? That's hardly insane though; it seems the most sane in fact. Every type will fight if backed into a corner, and to not do so is irrational because it contradicts self preservation. (Unless of course one can do the trickster thing.)

Yes, that's what I meant. Yes, it is true every type will fight back in such a scenario, but I can imagine an ESxP being in much better control of how they fight back, while an INxJ will flail.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, that's what I meant. Yes, it is true every type will fight back in such a scenario, but I can imagine an ESxP being in much better control of how they fight back, while an INxJ will flail.

Ok, probably true. But that's not insanity, so doesn't really support INXJ's being the most insane.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, probably true. But that's not insanity, so doesn't really support INXJ's being the most insane.

No, it's not, but it can be perceived as insanity by those who don't know what's going on.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm surprised everyone thinks INJs are more insane than ITPs!

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Lot's of people think I'm insane, and I've also interacted with some pretty insane people as well, so I'm wondering, what particular personality types are commonly associated with "insanity"?

you dont seem insane. in your videos, you look like you have a lot of energy and a mind that wonders easily. maybe a hint of sexual frustration there too.

do you enjoy saying off the wall stuff, to watch peoples reactions?

xisnotx

Permabanned
esfj...
like, they think, but not like me...so are they thinking? or just crazy?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you dont seem insane. in your videos, you look like you have a lot of energy and a mind that wonders easily. maybe a hint of sexual frustration there too.

do you enjoy saying off the wall stuff, to watch peoples reactions?

I say crazy things because it's what I really think, and I like it when people react towards it with combativeness and/or fascination.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
I say crazy things because it's what I really think, and I like it when people react towards it with combativeness and/or fascination.

gonna be a writer later on?

so you always talk like how you talk in the videos? even when others are trying to have a serious conversation with you?