123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default What's the most "insane" personality type?

Lot's of people think I'm insane, and I've also interacted with some pretty insane people as well, so I'm wondering, what particular personality types are commonly associated with "insanity"?

WALMART

INXJ.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Depends on the type of insanity. Every type has its own brand. I think I'll think about it and post "Crazy by the Types."

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Whatever mine happens to be.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'd have to say ENxPs and INxJs, as much as I like them.

ENxPs tend to be crazy in the normal sense, just doing all kinds of random things, acting bouncy and off-the-wall, etc.

INxJs... well, they tend to sit around plotting for a long time, maybe brooding over something. And then one day, they just set into motion this brilliant yet crazy plan that is often directed at the wrong thing for the wrong reason, because of something that happened a long time ago.

Basically, ENxP insanity is just acting outlandish and novel all the time. INxJ insanity is cunning, brooding, and calculating behavior. But make no mistake, both of us are capable of being the most insane types when unhealthy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    INXJ.
    Due to a very weak Se, I can see these types flipping out worse than others - though maybe ISxJ could do as well - when others with a stronger Se try to use the function to get them to do something. And as Se is quite a commonly used thing in society, it will probably build up overtime worst for them.

"Leave INxJs alone!"
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Depends on the type of insanity. Every type has its own brand. I think I'll think about it and post "Crazy by the Types."
    I sort of agree with that. If people are breaking down or stressing out I think they are liable to manifest their opposite functions, given that they've not got the same prowess with them as with the ones they usually use and are comfortable and confident with its an unhappy picture.

Definitions of insanity are also highly culturally defined too, so typologies which are at odds with cultural norms would be likely to be considered eccentric or abnormal in that context too. I've also got a speculative and personal sympathy with a lot of the "Insane/sane society" ideas.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

ENTPs and INTJs and other dominant intuitive types

Is there an actual definition of "insane"? What is sanity?

If we are talking about against the cultural "norm" (which is in essence pretty much Si primarily and Te/Fe) then it would be anything which lacks in this essence of cultural norm and deviates as a result.

Se - Can be perceived as crazy in the respect than an individual could eventually become reckless and/or impulse and is looked down upon by the Si function which prefers to reflect on sensory data rather than directly experience it.
    Fi - Has a negative stereotype of being self-absorbed, selfish, irrational and of course "emo." An Fi user can be perceived as crazy if they actively display their function in society which is feared by strong Te users and is not understood by Fe users.
    Ti - Can be perceived as crazy in the respect that they analyze data and if they withdraw into seclusion to study. Basically feared by Fe users.
    Ni - Can be perceived as crazy in how they develop subjective patterns removed from the outside world and develop independent ideas on the meaning of things. Understanding of the world is independent of the realm of the SJ types.
    Ne - Can be perceived as crazy as to the observer it follows a non-sequitur format indifferent to details instead of a more linear process.

My answers may need refinement but that's the gist of it. I conclude that sanity is subjective (an entity can be "sane" yet be incapable of functioning/procreating whilst a maldaptive entity can still be capable and reproduce) and it is formed around the SJ outlook due to having majority status.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    Due to a very weak Se, I can see these types flipping out worse than others - though maybe ISxJ could do as well - when others with a stronger Se try to use the function to get them to do something. And as Se is quite a commonly used thing in society, it will probably build up overtime worst for them.

"Leave INxJs alone!"
    Maybe I have high Se then; because I've never felt like flipping out. Maybe hitting people, which is pretty mild, but I've never actually even done that. I have an obsessive amount of self control. I have some eccentric beliefs, but they're all backed up by science and philosophy in a roundabout sort of way.