User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

My friend made me take the test a long time ago and after it typed me so accurately, I just couldn't stop. It's good for people to know their strengths and weaknesses and it helps you grow as a person, so initially I just learned all about ENFPs and found their trends extremely accurate for me. It made me realize why I never bothered to finish a lot of my schoolwork or never lead a very organized life like my ENFJ mom and INTJ dad...and why I constantly kept pursuing new interests and then jumping to something else the next day. Before I was all over the map and didn't know why, but the MBTI types helped me learn a lot about myself and what I need to focus/improve on!

After that I made all of my friends and family take it, and eventually I began educating myself on what each letter meant. After falling out of video editing during 2nd semester of my junior year in high school, I needed something to do and began researching the types. Then I just enjoyed talking with my aspiring psychologist friend what I thought the types were of TV characters and people we knew. It's a lot of fun to make guesses about people and analyze them because people are just so interesting to me...I love to learn about how we work and how everyone has their own unique way of operating in this world. That's why I'm interesting in typology and that's why I joined this forum. (:
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    My friend made me take the test a long time ago and after it typed me so accurately, I just couldn't stop. It's good for people to know their strengths and weaknesses and it helps you grow as a person, so initially I just learned all about ENFPs and found their trends extremely accurate for me. It made me realize why I never bothered to finish a lot of my schoolwork or never lead a very organized life like my ENFJ mom and INTJ dad...and why I constantly kept pursuing new interests and then jumping to something else the next day. Before I was all over the map and didn't know why, but the MBTI types helped me learn a lot about myself and what I need to focus/improve on!

After that I made all of my friends and family take it, and eventually I began educating myself on what each letter meant. After falling out of video editing during 2nd semester of my junior year in high school, I needed something to do and began researching the types. Then I just enjoyed talking with my aspiring psychologist friend what I thought the types were of TV characters and people we knew. It's a lot of fun to make guesses about people and analyze them because people are just so interesting to me...I love to learn about how we work and how everyone has their own unique way of operating in this world. That's why I'm interesting in typology and that's why I joined this forum. (:
    Could I ask: Which test did you take? The official one?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Could I ask: Which test did you take? The official one?
    I took four I think, I'm pretty sure and I've gotten ENFP every time. First was on Humanmetrics, the next was on Naviance, then Socionics, then PersonalityPage and then some obscure one I do not remember. ): Why do you ask? I don't think any of these are the official ones, though.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I originally came here for the ideas, but ended up staying for the people long after I got turned off from the MBTI system because of the manners in which it was used around here by people

it's not like I have friends in real life, so people here are a substitute in a way

gotta say, I have a preference for enneagram after this amount of time because it allows for more flexibility and growth in a way... more of an idea than a hierarchical structure somehow

still, the people are why I stay
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Bad relationships with people made me seriously re-evaluate everything about my life and the world. This is one of many secret interests to help me do that, although I don't really subscribe to MBTI theory. In fact, I think MBTI is so terrible that instead of leading to understanding I think it attempts to justify deeper misunderstanding, but never-mind.

MBTI
    INFJ

It's always been for the lulz.

Somebody gave out a test on a totally unrelated forum years ago and I took it and discovered typology (which I'd never even heard of before) and I was a bit enamored with my (largely incorrect) result profile and ended up visiting the INTJ forum. Never really could get into the -ology part. I tried, but it seemed boring and stilted and it seemed like a lot of people tried too hard to be type-fit. Even at one point I was trying too hard to be type-fit.

I said screw INTJforum and went to PerC for a couple years and had some fun there. Then I followed some people here and said screw PerC.

I'm basically here for the off-topic shit.

I took four I think, I'm pretty sure and I've gotten ENFP every time. First was on Humanmetrics, the next was on Naviance, then Socionics, then PersonalityPage and then some obscure one I do not remember. ): Why do you ask? I don't think any of these are the official ones, though.
    Oh I just wondered. Ive generally held that most of those tests are rather....poor. In the sense that they tend to carry a person off down certain answers. But more so if a person understands a little of function theory in terms of general definitions, the entire structure of those tests can be pulled apart by working out what the author interpreted from the functions and following on from this; what questions can be tied to which functions.

Ruins it a bit for me.

Which is not to say your type is not correct for your preferences. Im just interested in how others experience those tests. I very often get INTJ and im extremely honest with my answers and at least somewhat self-aware of my own foibles and shortcomings. Im no INTJ .

Although over time these answers have morphed into INFP and INFJ and ENFJ and ISFJ. Which is somewhat closer.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Oh I just wondered. Ive generally held that most of those tests are rather....poor. In the sense that they tend to carry a person off down certain answers. But more so if a person understands a little of function theory in terms of general definitions, the entire structure of those tests can be pulled apart by working out what the author interpreted from the functions and following on from this; what questions can be tied to which functions.

Ruins it a bit for me.

Which is not to say your type is not correct for your preferences. Im just interested in how others experience those tests. I very often get INTJ and im extremely honest with my answers and at least somewhat self-aware of my own foibles and shortcomings. Im no INTJ .

Although over time these answers have morphed into INFP and INFJ and ENFJ and ISFJ. Which is somewhat closer.
    Ah, I agree! The obscure one I took wasn't really that good (you could tell how to answer to get a certain type if you knew how each one functions). But I think the ones I took were decent - at least Humanmetrics anyway. Naviance I only took because it's a part of my high school's college application "assistant", so I thought I might as well do it to kill time.

But I do think I seem very ENFP after looking at profiles of it and the whole Ne/Fi thing is just so...me. O: That's what initially interested me in typology after all; it was all so accurate I just had to learn more and what other people's types were hahaha
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

I have always had an interest in people and anything that had to do with the similarities and differences of them. I use it now for my own communications with others and it seems to work pretty well, at least it gets me thinking of all the different ways to connect with people, mostly in a work environment.

What drew me to this site was character research disguised as a book, but it was really me looking for answers on myself and others.

My usage of Typology is that I use it to communicate better with others and to improve on myself, I think at first I was using it for excuses on my behavior and others behavior, which is just silly.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Ah, I agree! The obscure one I took wasn't really that good (you could tell how to answer to get a certain type if you knew how each one functions). But I think the ones I took were decent - at least Humanmetrics anyway. Naviance I only took because it's a part of my high school's college application "assistant", so I thought I might as well do it to kill time.

But I do think I seem very ENFP after looking at profiles of it and the whole Ne/Fi thing is just so...me. O: That's what initially interested me in typology after all; it was all so accurate I just had to learn more and what other people's types were hahaha
    Ah that's good I like to see enthusiasm .

- A.A. Milne.