User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Forumers publicly switch instinctual stackings based on sexual activity more often than mbti types.

In other words, which is more valued in society: sexual reputation or creative ability.

Moreover, sensors.

thinking of you

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

the intellectual vibe is not the same thing as intelligence.

and ej types often have strong linguistic intelligence. they're kind of inherently managerial because they identify with organizational goals so strongly (which is why they piss ip types off so much). ij types are weird database machines. ip types are rigorous experience testers. ep types are the most responsive, adaptive social performers.

you don't get to be good at everything. and if you focus on what you're not good at, and really focus on how you are not able to be perfect for others, you'll be in for a lot of disappointment. conversely, if you don't give a shit at all, huge demographics of people won't like you, because you won't even be trying to meet them halfway. this is the most basic typological realization possible. but it's hard.

also, this thread is kind of an stp fest. so for a positive stp comment, i've had some excellent coaches who were estps. i didn't always like them. i didn't always agree with how they did things. but they worked with their own skillset in a very pragmatic way, were willing to make adjustments, were excellent motivators, and did such a damn good job it made me realize my way wasn't the only way. similarly when i go to yoga classes with stp teachers, i'm at first put off. but then midway through, i stop focusing on the meaning of their words and just accept the good part, the challenge they offer me. and afterwards, i realize their sequencing is often truly great, and their awareness of what it's like within each movement really do cue up helpful places to begin that aren't quite as contextual and so don't just evaporate after class. it's okay to start from the body or the mind. and that we all specialize in one of these three centers, or specialize in specific chakras, and utilize our cognitive specializations differently in terms of how we interface with those registries of our mind-body system, well it creates a lot of variance and a lot of different types of experience, different paths, different chemistries in social groups.

that status will be determined by the preferences of the group is a scary thought if you want an absolute value. but you don't get one in this world. and the more you try to establish and maintain one, the more crazy you become. see: the 20th century.

also, no matter what, slowing down your tendencies and creating more space within your habituated patterns to notice in new ways is always good. monks do this to reach enlightenment. which is never one size fits all. this might mean reading something over and over again that might not at first make sense. like zen koans. maybe the world is not as self-evident as it seems.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Imo people can all try to seem black on the internet, what would I care about what people do ?!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Imo people can all try to seem black on the internet
    Really? That wouldn't irritate you?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Really? That wouldn't irritate you?
    No, I cant see them anyways to confirm anything.

The internet is like Hollywood, lots of stars.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    No, I cant see them anyways to confirm anything.

The internet is like Hollywood, lots of stars.
    Maybe I just complain too much.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

I think there are people who try to seem like a genius on every single post but I also think for others it's a form of self expression. I know in my case I have no filter on the internet. In real life I try not to talk like I do online because I don't want people to see just how weird I am lol. I am able to unleash all my quirky tenancies here . I'm introverted so I can't do that in real situations but here I don't have to censor my tangents. I think that's also a possibility

Glycerine

Yes. There is really nothing special about being a N anyways.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    Forumers publicly switch instinctual stackings based on sexual activity more often than mbti types.

In other words, which is more valued in society: sexual reputation or creative ability.

Moreover, sensors.
    Interesting observation. Although on a personal level ive always despised sexual reputation....which is a waste of time. However I am amazed by creative ability.

Of course I may not be in the majority here.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

1, certain people who happen to have a N in their type get super defensive of keeping that letter in there, and go to the extent of censoring themselves to make sure nothing "sensory" slips through.

(Pro tip: we are all both sensors and intuitives to some effect)

2, and this includes a common reason for 1 too, there's a herding effect to be the idea of intuition that the group puts forth. And this idea tends to be very very warped, ending up with people just acting exaggerately intellectual, or intelligent, or abstract, or creative, or _______.

(Pro tip: abstract has more to to with introversion than intuiton, and one of the ditziest people you have ever met was probably N-dom)