User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 59

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    I mainly "judge" (in the sense of "get along with"t) posters on whether they can raise a laugh and get my humour. I think you pass the test so you MBTI type isn't an issue to me.

    You seem more ENTP than ISTP online, I don't get an ISTP vibe at all. But I have no clue what you're like offline. I guess you know your own Se abilities or lack thereof.
    Do you want to see a video of me to verify this ENTP vibe?

    Also if you have a video of yourself you can post it here or in the thread dedicated to your type.

    Anyway it remains to be seen if we can still both look ENTP on camera.

  2. #32
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    What's the advantage?

    If I knew of one, I could understand this better.

    My view is that what people think of me online has 0 impact on my life, and therefore I couldn't care less.

    I don't know of anyone who got offered a job through TypoCentral for example...
    But that's the sensible and impersonal thinking side of things. Look at it from a feeler perspective, especially an aux or dominant Fe user wanting to engage with people on a social level. I would say social game, but that's more for those outside of dom/aux Fe rather than those within it.

    But basically there is an advantage in being popular, even if it is just to the emotional well-being of an individual. And the more popular the type the more chance you can gain some foothold.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Does @AffirmitiveAnxiety actually give anyone here an ISFJ vibe, because just like Il Morto isn't feeling ISTP for me, I'm not really feeling ISFJ for AA, but like Il Morto also said, only the individual knows themself best.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Because it makes them feel like they have superior intelligence and are misunderstood, and unique.
    It's a pretty complex topic about being misunderstood. I believe MBTI isn't needed to solve such issues.


    I respect your right to be wrong.
    It's just that you said "every one" of your posts, here: "I don't really try to sound like a genius with each post (though it comes naturally)". That was the only bit I found strange... Because you just seemed pretty normal to me.


    Who is stopping you from starting one? And why would that be counterposed or in any way relevant to this thread?
    Because this thread is talking about how great it's to pretend to be N, while the new thread would be talking about the exact opposite of that; that is, admit that N actually sucks! Lol.

    (Please understand that those couple of lines above are meant as a joke.)


    Also the word is UNREALISTIC not IRREALISTIC.
    Am sorry, English isn't my native language.


    Who said they correlate?
    Common issue with the stereotypes that all the unproductive typism is based on.


    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Meow's post is an abomination of nature and requires extermination. I will say one thing however (in regards to my quoted post) : sensors can draw.The point I was making was that they may confuse themselves for an N because they managed a degree of creative expression which they are capable of.

    You smell like ... a sensor (joke.)
    Neat sarcastic jokes there. Yes I sure used the sensor kind of reasoning in my previous post.


    Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i also know there is a kind of N game i frequently find myself playing with others. you just want to see if they can catch something and throw it back to you in a way that shows understanding. to plume their and your own inner vision. (in an entirely N space, i would have written "fondling each other's inner vision" because i find it amusing and intuitively quirky, whereas in more public space i'm generally unwilling to push through the cringe and do it anyway). and it's a contest. peacocks!
    Nice


    quoting someone is just using reference to show you're connected to a discourse. the next part is the way you do it, whether you can position yourself skillfully within it (without having the whole fabric of the context bunch up and distort in ways that seem to be lacking artful intentionality). because to take a map in one domain to organize understanding in another domain is the work of analogy. this is what makes N what it is. we use analogy to create space for possibilities that would otherwise not have been seen. it's not just the picture but the resonance the picture might suggest based on the overall oeuvre. it's a superpowered guess machine, an interlocking pattern of guesses, and we can't stop. we rely on context to abstract the essence of things so that we can remember the shape of the patterns that connect the details rather than the exact details themselves. this is good for bridging between conflicting perspectives, disambiguating, revising deep-seated beliefs, and letting go of the "sense" that any particular way of understanding the world is truly foundational. hello (no)n-sense!
    I approach mathematics this way of wandering between the mappings. Not that it feels like conscious guessing to me. I don't approach the world this way. Ho-humm.


    to be honest, i regret the whole "oh yes, this is my S friend" republicanesque label i have judgmentally put on S types in the past. it is different in pretty consistent ways, and i do understand that N is kind of the core of me, something that is most salient to my identity because it's most salient to my experience, my desires, and my potential, but i have missed out on really good interactions as a result of my own small-mindedness. and i have missed out on learning how to relate to other aspects of myself that would have been really good for me (and far more enjoyable than i had assumed at the time). at the same time, to find others who communicate with you so naturally, so effortlessly, kind of feels familial and awesome and like a great privilege worth revering. if you don't, you will never have the energy and momentum to expand yourself and realize that you have the energy to relate more broadly than you thought you did, when you were so focused on what you were not.
    I relate to that, though not from early childhood, it came a bit later.


    also, the N vs S thing is kind of a category of you, but it's really more of a developmental one than an absolute idea of you one. more of the timing and the way you unfold than an atemporal absolute either/or. we will all lose our N or S virginity eventually. or we will leave a lot of tragically unlived life on the table.
    Well, what do you mean by losing 1) "S virginity" and 2) by "N virginity"?


    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    But most sensing types don't have any hope on this forum whatsoever, in particular, ESTJs and ESFJs. Sadly, this forum seems to hate them. Ironically, those are supposedly the judgmental types, but it is actually them being judged so harshly by the so called INTPs and INFPs or whoever else, you know, types that supposedly aren't quite as judgmental.
    I like ESFJ's and ESTJ's


    We need to embrace all types and all different kinds of people, as they each play important roles in our world, whether it is being the architect behind the blueprint, the mechanic who works with it, and whatever else, the architect supposedly being the intuitive, and the mechanic playing the role of the sensor. You could actually argue though, that the sensor plays a more useful role.
    Er, S&N together play the most useful role, no?

  5. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Does @AffirmitiveAnxiety actually give anyone here an ISFJ vibe, because just like Il Morto isn't feeling ISTP for me, I'm not really feeling ISFJ for AA, but like Il Morto also said, only the individual knows themself best.
    Vibes are extremely subjective, are simply based on a kind of subjective liking of the other person, which basically is just another way of saying that you relate to the person in a feeling based way. Really, no need to put much stock into these vibe ideas *while* attempting to use a rather crude kind of a psychological theory to try and solve simple miscommunication issues. You see, the vibe is what you already know about the person in a feeling based instinctual way, now why add a few letters on top of that? And because of the feeling based reasoning being active, it's going to interfere with detached logical analysis of determining "type"... which I may say does not truly exist in the way it's presented. Why does everyone who seems to be attached to the theory try to ignore the simple idea that "functions" are simply in-born skills? (See Dario Nardi's research and books on developing these skills further if you're interested.)

  6. #36
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meow175 View Post
    Why does everyone who seems to be attached to the theory try to ignore the simple idea that "functions" are simply in-born skills?
    People don't want to realize that they are average.

  7. #37
    Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    199

    Default

    NP types (and to a lesser extent SJ) are the type of people that get into forums like this, so any other type is more likely to imitate them to fit in. Especially because NP tend to create many inside jokes, references and memes, I think.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    But that's the sensible and impersonal thinking side of things. Look at it from a feeler perspective, especially an aux or dominant Fe user wanting to engage with people on a social level. I would say social game, but that's more for those outside of dom/aux Fe rather than those within it.

    But basically there is an advantage in being popular, even if it is just to the emotional well-being of an individual. And the more popular the type the more chance you can gain some foothold.
    Fe-Ti.

    I see your point. I just don't get the same feeling of proximity between my real self, and this forum. I am not being deliberately fake, I just don't see how I could possibly show my real self here, or how anyone could, even if they wanted to.

    Though I guess it comes down to your philosophy on life. For me, the real person, is the sum of their actions, not of their reflections. Forums like this, are merely a field for sharing reflections.

    Quote Originally Posted by meow175 View Post
    It's just that you said "every one" of your posts, here: "I don't really try to sound like a genius with each post (though it comes naturally)". That was the only bit I found strange... Because you just seemed pretty normal to me.
    ok...yes it was a joke...I thought that would be obvious...I hate having to explain jokes because it kills any small amount of humor still present.

    Because this thread is talking about how great it's to pretend to be N,
    Where did anyone say that? Quote please!

    Maybe English is not your first language...but you can still speak English well...and therefore should be able to do comprehension...and not imagine that I said things I never said, and would never say.

    Here is my point: you tried to be sarcastic and to "correct" everyone...but you completely misunderstood the thread...and everyone else understood.

  9. #39
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    The answer is yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    ^^^In other words I might as well have asked "do bears shit in the woods"...

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP's, how much do you try to affect people's feelings?
    By Craft in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-15-2014, 12:22 AM
  2. [INTP] INTPs, do people come to you when they have problems?
    By groovejet02 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 08:44 AM
  3. Why do people learn to read?
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 04:42 AM
  4. [INTJ] Why do people Pretend to be INTJ's?
    By Dominicus Griswold in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
  5. [MBTItm] NF's: How do people feel to you?
    By alcea rosea in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO