User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

  1. #11
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Yes they do annoy me.
    What do you do to get back into the groove of what you were doing, before you were interrupted?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    I don't give a crap since I can withdraw so deeply that although sensory stimuli is beating upon my organs I simpy focus my attention away from these perceptions and into the world of my mind.

  3. #13
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    What do you do to get back into the groove of what you were doing, before you were interrupted?
    Nothing in particular. Just takes a while.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  4. #14
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,589

    Default

    I try to create situations where I'm not interrupted. I don't answer the phone when the call is at a bad time, I work at home when I can, or in a separate room. I'm definitely not a multi-tasker. I get really confused when subjected to many different inputs at once. I think this is also an issue for Ti-doms.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  5. #15
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I get very annoyed when I am forced out of myself. I am developing and developing and generally work forces me to extrovert... That is being fixed though.

  6. #16
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Some interruptions bother me, some don't. Socializing doesn't, but I'm really easily distracted and so I just don't socialize at times I have to get things done, because I know I won't. Unless it's my study group for Japanese- they get off topic all the time, but I can focus even while they're talking. I don't know why. Maybe because Japanese is hard and I need frequent breaks. Other than that I study and do things alone in a quiet place. My mom is really annoying to be in the same room with if I'm trying to focus on something because she's so noisy. Even when she's not talking she'll be singing some annoying thing over and over. And I always notice music. I can't study in Starbucks unless I bring my ipod because half the time their music is annoying and I can't stand it.

    The part about surrounding myself with pleasant sensations is spot on. I have to be in a pleasant, attractive, and clean environment, or else I just can't think properly.

  7. #17
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Honestly, I don't even have to be interrupted for some of the same to apply; it can happen any time I'm trying to extrovert my thoughts out.

    I think all of this is why my speech is often slow and disjointed with a lot of pauses, and also why I need to look down 80% of the time I'm talking, only with periodic eye contact, because otherwise I'll completely lose my train of thought. And the more external hubbub, the more this may happen; more pauses. Same if the other person does something distracting - I'll lose my train of thought. So I have to be almost wholly in my mind to be able to extrovert anything relatively complex which requires me to dig deep. Tis why I obv. prefer writing. (Although immediate things, things don't require as much thought, I can quickly get out there and be more animated)

    This happened a few weeks ago at work, and it was one of the first times I was completely embarrassed about it. Some IT people were visiting for a project I'm an analyst on, I thought of something design/functionality-wise that I thought should be brought up, I went into the conference room to outline 2 points to the IT guy, got the first point out, then started the second and my mind just went completely blank, and I had to be like... 'sorry, uggh, this happens sometimes, where I'll just completely lose my train of thought', and I had to sit there for 15 seconds or so, silent, before I finally remembered where I was going.

    /hard to know how much of this is really tied to Ni, though, vs. something that's kinda universally more applicable to many introverts.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  8. #18
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Honestly, I don't even have to be interrupted for some of the same to apply; it can happen any time I'm trying to extrovert my thoughts out.

    I think all of this is why my speech is often slow and disjointed with a lot of pauses, and also why I need to look down 80% of the time I'm talking, only with periodic eye contact, because otherwise I'll completely lose my train of thought. And the more external hubbub, the more this may happen; more pauses. Same if the other person does something distracting - I'll lose my train of thought. So I have to be almost wholly in my mind to be able to extrovert anything relatively complex which requires me to dig deep. Tis why I obv. prefer writing. (Although immediate things, things don't require as much thought, I can quickly get out there and be more animated)

    This happened a few weeks ago at work, and it was one of the first times I was completely embarrassed about it. Some IT people were visiting for a project I'm an analyst on, I thought of something design/functionality-wise that I thought should be brought up, I went into the conference room to outline 2 points to the IT guy, got the first point out, then started the second and my mind just went completely blank, and I had to be like... 'sorry, uggh, this happens sometimes, where I'll just completely lose my train of thought', and I had to sit there for 15 seconds or so, silent, before I finally remembered where I was going.

    /hard to know how much of this is really tied to Ni, though, vs. something that's kinda universally more applicable to many introverts.
    Yes I thought that too. I think it is an introvert thing as well. But I'm an extravert that's, why I was questioning it, and trying to pin point what the problem was, cause then I could find a solution.

    Then I just started thinking maybe I am just more of an introverted extravert. lol

    I know even as a kid, I hated being interrupted when I was in the middle of things.<---wierd cause I was only playing with toys back then lol...
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  9. #19
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post

    The part about surrounding myself with pleasant sensations is spot on. I have to be in a pleasant, attractive, and clean environment, or else I just can't think properly.
    Oddly enough, I need one, too.

    Dammit...I just got interrupted as I was trying to type this. I hate it. I'll be deep in something and BOOM! I usually bite when interrupted, too..."Get out and don't come back in here unless it's an emergency!"

  10. #20
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Honestly, I don't even have to be interrupted for some of the same to apply; it can happen any time I'm trying to extrovert my thoughts out.

    I think all of this is why my speech is often slow and disjointed with a lot of pauses, and also why I need to look down 80% of the time I'm talking, only with periodic eye contact, because otherwise I'll completely lose my train of thought. And the more external hubbub, the more this may happen; more pauses. Same if the other person does something distracting - I'll lose my train of thought. So I have to be almost wholly in my mind to be able to extrovert anything relatively complex which requires me to dig deep. Tis why I obv. prefer writing. (Although immediate things, things don't require as much thought, I can quickly get out there and be more animated)

    This happened a few weeks ago at work, and it was one of the first times I was completely embarrassed about it. Some IT people were visiting for a project I'm an analyst on, I thought of something design/functionality-wise that I thought should be brought up, I went into the conference room to outline 2 points to the IT guy, got the first point out, then started the second and my mind just went completely blank, and I had to be like... 'sorry, uggh, this happens sometimes, where I'll just completely lose my train of thought', and I had to sit there for 15 seconds or so, silent, before I finally remembered where I was going.

    /hard to know how much of this is really tied to Ni, though, vs. something that's kinda universally more applicable to many introverts.
    Yeah, me too. Only it's not so much I lose my train of thought as I just can't seem to find words to express concepts. And I leave out most of the details because they're already in my head. And then later I'll think about it again, and think of things I should have said and ways I could have said it to be more entertaining. It's why I'm a dreadful storyteller.

    You know, there is a fair amount of overlap between INFJ and INTP. Maybe some doubtful INTP's will discover they fit INFJ a little better.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] When do INTJs experience the mental state of flow?
    By fragrance in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-19-2015, 10:04 AM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 10:55 PM
  3. [Ni] INFJ and Ni doms, how do you make decisions?
    By fidelia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 02:53 AM
  4. [ISFJ] ISFJ - How do I get my Mom Out of the House?!
    By CityLights87 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 01:33 PM
  5. [ENTP] Im going to ENTP the hell out of you.
    By Nickels in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 04:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO