MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Yes they do annoy me.
    What do you do to get back into the groove of what you were doing, before you were interrupted?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I don't give a crap since I can withdraw so deeply that although sensory stimuli is beating upon my organs I simpy focus my attention away from these perceptions and into the world of my mind.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    What do you do to get back into the groove of what you were doing, before you were interrupted?
    Nothing in particular. Just takes a while.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I try to create situations where I'm not interrupted. I don't answer the phone when the call is at a bad time, I work at home when I can, or in a separate room. I'm definitely not a multi-tasker. I get really confused when subjected to many different inputs at once. I think this is also an issue for Ti-doms.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

ReflecTcelfeR

I get very annoyed when I am forced out of myself. I am developing and developing and generally work forces me to extrovert... That is being fixed though.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Some interruptions bother me, some don't. Socializing doesn't, but I'm really easily distracted and so I just don't socialize at times I have to get things done, because I know I won't. Unless it's my study group for Japanese- they get off topic all the time, but I can focus even while they're talking. I don't know why. Maybe because Japanese is hard and I need frequent breaks. Other than that I study and do things alone in a quiet place. My mom is really annoying to be in the same room with if I'm trying to focus on something because she's so noisy. Even when she's not talking she'll be singing some annoying thing over and over. And I always notice music. I can't study in Starbucks unless I bring my ipod because half the time their music is annoying and I can't stand it.

The part about surrounding myself with pleasant sensations is spot on. I have to be in a pleasant, attractive, and clean environment, or else I just can't think properly.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Honestly, I don't even have to be interrupted for some of the same to apply; it can happen any time I'm trying to extrovert my thoughts out.

I think all of this is why my speech is often slow and disjointed with a lot of pauses, and also why I need to look down 80% of the time I'm talking, only with periodic eye contact, because otherwise I'll completely lose my train of thought. And the more external hubbub, the more this may happen; more pauses. Same if the other person does something distracting - I'll lose my train of thought. So I have to be almost wholly in my mind to be able to extrovert anything relatively complex which requires me to dig deep. Tis why I obv. prefer writing. (Although immediate things, things don't require as much thought, I can quickly get out there and be more animated)

This happened a few weeks ago at work, and it was one of the first times I was completely embarrassed about it. Some IT people were visiting for a project I'm an analyst on, I thought of something design/functionality-wise that I thought should be brought up, I went into the conference room to outline 2 points to the IT guy, got the first point out, then started the second and my mind just went completely blank, and I had to be like... 'sorry, uggh, this happens sometimes, where I'll just completely lose my train of thought', and I had to sit there for 15 seconds or so, silent, before I finally remembered where I was going.

/hard to know how much of this is really tied to Ni, though, vs. something that's kinda universally more applicable to many introverts.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Honestly, I don't even have to be interrupted for some of the same to apply; it can happen any time I'm trying to extrovert my thoughts out.

I think all of this is why my speech is often slow and disjointed with a lot of pauses, and also why I need to look down 80% of the time I'm talking, only with periodic eye contact, because otherwise I'll completely lose my train of thought. And the more external hubbub, the more this may happen; more pauses. Same if the other person does something distracting - I'll lose my train of thought. So I have to be almost wholly in my mind to be able to extrovert anything relatively complex which requires me to dig deep. Tis why I obv. prefer writing. (Although immediate things, things don't require as much thought, I can quickly get out there and be more animated)

This happened a few weeks ago at work, and it was one of the first times I was completely embarrassed about it. Some IT people were visiting for a project I'm an analyst on, I thought of something design/functionality-wise that I thought should be brought up, I went into the conference room to outline 2 points to the IT guy, got the first point out, then started the second and my mind just went completely blank, and I had to be like... 'sorry, uggh, this happens sometimes, where I'll just completely lose my train of thought', and I had to sit there for 15 seconds or so, silent, before I finally remembered where I was going.

/hard to know how much of this is really tied to Ni, though, vs. something that's kinda universally more applicable to many introverts.
    Yes I thought that too. I think it is an introvert thing as well. But I'm an extravert that's, why I was questioning it, and trying to pin point what the problem was, cause then I could find a solution.

Then I just started thinking maybe I am just more of an introverted extravert. lol

I know even as a kid, I hated being interrupted when I was in the middle of things.<---wierd cause I was only playing with toys back then lol...
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post

The part about surrounding myself with pleasant sensations is spot on. I have to be in a pleasant, attractive, and clean environment, or else I just can't think properly.
    Oddly enough, I need one, too.

Dammit...I just got interrupted as I was trying to type this. I hate it. I'll be deep in something and BOOM! I usually bite when interrupted, too..."Get out and don't come back in here unless it's an emergency!"

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post

Yeah, me too. Only it's not so much I lose my train of thought as I just can't seem to find words to express concepts. And I leave out most of the details because they're already in my head. And then later I'll think about it again, and think of things I should have said and ways I could have said it to be more entertaining. It's why I'm a dreadful storyteller.

You know, there is a fair amount of overlap between INFJ and INTP. Maybe some doubtful INTP's will discover they fit INFJ a little better.